Fuck guys they want a cover letter. I had my resume ready for a virtual career fair today but I don't have a fucking cover letter prepared.

- - - Updated - - -

NBA does police a lot, but the problem is Matt Barnes did it in a very public setting and sent it off for the world to see. If it's a word people should use with caution then technically he shouldn't use it, because he's expected to be a role model to people. Imagine some 13 year old kid in LA thinking "wow Kobe is old and broken and now the Clippers are awesome, Matt Barnes is my hero" and then Barnes does this. It's not really good for public image. Although you know I'm an asshole and I love it when people do bad stuff. But that's different.

Although NBA does police a lot.........Even forcing players to wear certain things after game lol.

This game is fucking hard to watch. Can't Knicks just lay down and die?

Oh God what do I say in my cover letter? Should I mention my real career interests or talk about my interest in Knicks?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    because he's expected to be a role model to people.
    Do people really look up to athletes as role models? REALLY? I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Either way, looks like he's getting fined $25k. Source.

Oh God what do I say in my cover letter? Should I mention my real career interests or talk about my interest in Knicks?
    You should talk about your WoW accomplishments, clearly.

*groan* I don't wanna write a fucking cover letter lol. I'm not in the mood. Lol my WoW accomplishments.

I fucking hate cover letters. Blah, blah, blah, I'm super interested in this job that I don't give a fuck about, blah, blah, blah, kiss the ass of some HR employee that I have abject disdain for, blah, blah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    That's still yet to be seen. Derrick is hurt not back to full health, and may never be. So saying that right now is pretty safe for you.
    At no point in his career has Rose played at Paul's level. Maybe, maybe you could make a non-homerish argument for his fake ass MVP season, but that'd be about it. Even during that year, Paul had many more assists, less turnovers, a higher shooting percentage, a higher true shooting percentage, more steals, and a higher PER. Paul's just been a better player without a doubt for only about 80% of the time Rose has been in the league, and they've been close for about 20%.
    Last edited by Spectral; 2013-11-15 at 03:10 AM.

Alright I fucking did it. I applied for MSG. Well really I applied for the so called Madison Square Garden Company that owns the Knicks, Rangers, and some other teams, but it's basically the same thing. If I get a job with the MSGC (which I've been talking about for like two years now lol (actually I wanted to work with the Nets, those n---as have money)) then I guess that means when Knicks don't win a ring, I don't get one too since I'll be part of staff. :O

- - - Updated - - -

Btw it's end of third and Knicks are down by 3. That's what happened yesterday and they ended up beating Bucks (after I talked shit about them LOL). If Knicks win :O.

- - - Updated - - -

5.2 left Knicks are down by 3. How much you guys wanna bet Melo takes an unnecessarily long 3. I think there's a 30% chance he'll make it.

- - - Updated - - -

BOOO 4 POINT PLAY OR DIE.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    To go back to an older argument from this thread, anyone that thinks Rose is on the same level as CP3 is a giant homer.
    Seriously, after not even 10 games? POM much?

- - - Updated - - -

At no point in his career has Rose played at Paul's level. Maybe, maybe you could make a non-homerish argument for his fake ass MVP season, but that'd be about it. Even during that year, Paul had many more assists, less turnovers, a higher shooting percentage, a higher true shooting percentage, more steals, and a higher PER. Paul's just been a better player without a doubt for only about 80% of the time Rose has been in the league, and they've been close for about 20%.
    They are two completely different players, Chris Paul isn't looking to score nearly as much as Derrick. Chris Paul also had a higher FG% than Kobe that year, that's what happens when you play passively like Paul does. Derrick attempted over twice as many 3's that season. But to just sneeze at 10PPG more and Derrick's clearly superior athleticism is borderline moronic. Plus 2.1 assists per game is many more?

Also, Derrick's complete domination of Paul the last 3 or 4 times they have played speaks louder to me than Chris Paul's ability to accumulate 15 dimes against someone by just lobbing the ball near the rim for Griffin or Jordan.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-11-15 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Seriously, after not even 10 games?
    I'm sure we'll keep reviewing it over the course of the season. At this point, however, Paul's playing much, much better basketball.

Derrick attempted over twice as many 3's that season. But to just sneeze at 10PPG more and Derrick's clearly superior athleticism is borderline moronic.
    In which taking a ton of ill advised threes is a strength.

Also, Derrick's complete domination of Paul the last 3 or 4 times they have played speaks louder to me than Chris Paul's ability to accumulate 15 dimes against someone by just lobbing the ball near the rim for Griffin or Jordan.
    Right, because you're making a completely homerish that prefers small sample size theatre (when it supports what you already want to believe, anyway) to hundreds of games of value. This is really good though:

Seriously, after not even 10 games?
    Also, Derrick's complete domination of Paul the last 3 or 4 times they have played
    Ten games this season? Totally meaningless! Three games a couple years ago? Important!
    Last edited by Spectral; 2013-11-15 at 01:37 PM.

*blah* I got a confirmation email. Let's see what's up.

Is this really still an argument? I'll go on record saying CP3 is NBA's absolute best PG (and has been for years). The rest of these guys are great players but. If I'm picking a superstar team I'm taking CP3 over DRose. If I'm building a team around a guy I'm picking DRose (as main scorer) over CP3. They play so differently idk how you can really compare them lol. One was born to assist, the other was born to lead a team to champions as if he was MJ 2.0.

I fell asleep last night but I heard Russel Westbrook hit a 3 with like 2.3 secs left to send OKC up by 1, and then Iguadala scored with the remaining time (after a time out) and won with sort of a buzzer beater (buzzer went off after ball went through hoop. I wish I could have stayed up but I was so tired after yesterday's 7-5 day of school while doing a virtual career fair and having to wake up this morning for PS4.

Is this really still an argument? I'll go on record saying CP3 is NBA's absolute best PG (and has been for years). The rest of these guys are great players but. If I'm picking a superstar team I'm taking CP3 over DRose. If I'm building a team around a guy I'm picking DRose (as main scorer) over CP3. They play so differently idk how you can really compare them lol. One was born to assist, the other was born to lead a team to champions as if he was MJ 2.0.
    Top 10 players (I want to build around them):
    1. Lebron
    2. Durant
    3. James Harden
    4. Russel Westbrook
    5. Chris Paul
    6. Dwight Howard
    7. Kyrie Irving
    8. Kevin Love
    9. Paul George
    10. Steph Curry
    Chris Paul is a passing pointguard. He can score some efficient points for sure but, as his commercials demonstrate, he was born to assist. If he's the best guy on a team of losers there's no guarantee that his teammates will score even if gives them some nice setups.

Westbrook is a young athletic scoring point guard, same for Kyrie sort of. He's second to Durant but if he were leading a team I think he'd do well. He can create his own shots or pass (maybe).
    So... doesn't that kinda conflict with what you were saying? "Paul is the best PG, yet I'd take Westbrook over him"...? I don't get that logic, and I still would never take Westbrook (which plays pretty similar to Rose) over Paul.

and having to wake up this morning for PS4.
    Bitch. I wish I had money. Wait, why do you want the console now, when there's going to be bugs and no games for it?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure we'll keep reviewing it over the course of the season. At this point, however, Paul's playing much, much better basketball.

In which taking a ton of ill advised threes is a strength.

Right, because you're making a completely homerish that prefers small sample size theatre (when it supports what you already want to believe, anyway) to hundreds of games of value. This is really good though:

Ten games this season? Totally meaningless! Three games a couple years ago? Important!
    It doesn't matter if taking 3s is a strength or not, even if Derrick were a better 3 point shooter his overall FG% would still be lower because obviously making 3s is harder than making 2s. I will still take 25 and 7 over 15 and 9 every single day of the week.

If you fail to see how 3 or 4 games where they are playing AGAINST EACH OTHER and GUARDING EACH OTHER is more meaningful than 10 random games after Derrick missed 18 months, then you lack the basic intelligence to function as a human being. That's not being homerish, nor does it matter the small sample size. You can see clear as day that Chris could not guard Derrick meanwhile on the otherside, Derrick severely limited Paul's offensive abilities.

You could make an argument that the times they have played against each other is more informative than 82+ other games, let alone the 6-8 you have right now. There's so many other variables that influence their performance out of their control. Being in different conferences means their opponents are very different, having different teammates affects how opponents guard them and their ability to get assists, etc etc etc.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-11-15 at 03:27 PM.

I don't follow the logic of preferring less efficient, shoot-first guys as who you'd want to "build a team around". I don't know of any teams that have won titles with shoot-first point guards, and most of those teams aren't even very good. The Bulls have an utterly stifling defense that wins them a shitload of games despite not having a top-5 type player. Isn't a bit suspicious that Rose has a negative career on count-off court split if he's a completely indispensable player?

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't matter if taking 3s is a strength or not, even if Derrick were a better 3 point shooter his overall FG% would still be lower because obviously making 3s is harder than making 2s.
    He's worse at shooting threes. That's a weakness. Shooting more of them is also a weakness. Taking inefficient shots is not a strength.

If you fail to see how 3 or 4 games where they are playing AGAINST EACH OTHER and GUARDING EACH OTHER is more meaningful than 10 random games after Derrick missed 18 months, then you lack the basic intelligence to function as a human being. That's not being homerish, nor does it matter the small sample size. You can see clear as day that Chris could not guard Derrick meanwhile on the otherside, Derrick severely limited Paul's offensive abilities.
    It's the dumbest, most cherrypicked shit in the world. Guys, guys, guys, look only at these three games that happened years ago! Ignore everything before and after those games! But hey, I know you're not going to be convinced by anything because you're an abject homer. I just find it continually hilarious to see the same stupid excuses trotted out over and over.

With guys like Kobe and Wade fading, Rose should be in your conversation for top five guys in the league. The big caveat there is health, specifically if he can get back to form from a couple years ago, of course.

The difference between Rose and Paul is a stylistic one though, and they play the game and the position so fundamentally differently that it is hard to really compare the two. I, personally, prefer Paul's style for point if I am running a team. If you want to shoot that much, play two guard and let someone else run the offense. The problem Chicago has is that no one else on that team can score. They are a strong defensive unit, but are super mediocre offensively and need a guy like Rose to be the primary playmaker and scorer. Rose is a better defender and volume scorer, Paul is a better passer and more efficient scorer. In my opinion, Paul is a better leader on the floor as well. That being said, if you put Paul on Chicago and Rose on LA, I think both teams are worse off for it because the styles don't fit. Either way, I think you guys are arguing apples and oranges.

I will say that I don't think that your 1v1 argument holds up though, Stommped. Rose's skill set is clearly more designed around that kind of game while Paul is a more team oriented player.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    -snip-
    Totally agree. Can we drop the whole "argument" now?

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So... doesn't that kinda conflict with what you were saying? "Paul is the best PG, yet I'd take Westbrook over him"...? I don't get that logic, and I still would never take Westbrook (which plays pretty similar to Rose) over Paul.
    No that list was for "I want to build around this guy, he's the best person on the team by a wide margin." If CP3 doesn't play with good people, his assisting is worthless. Westbrook would be happy to take everyone's shots.

But like in an All Star game or a rich team who pays for 1-2 other max stars I'd probably take CP3, depending on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Bitch. I wish I had money. Wait, why do you want the console now, when there's going to be bugs and no games for it?
    Kukukuku. Ya it was $400 + $39 for Warranty. But I (read: my Mom) has a Target card for 5% off. So I saved a bit. I want it because:

1. Status symbol.
    2. I'm not risking not getting one and having to wait. I wanna be cutting edge. I got the PS3 in like 2010-11, it came out 2007-8 or something. I wanna be one of the first guys for once.
    3. Price isn't too bad compared to X Box. I (read: my parents) have been saving for a while, but money isn't too huge of a problem for me.
    2 + 3. I don't spend a lot of money going out or doing stuff. Most of my "disposable income for fun" is spent on either sports tickets or video games. As me (and Jib) said before, I'm (we're) kind of cheap. I know how to manage my money.
    4. I don't mind waiting a week or two for the games, honestly school and applications have kept me so busy I still have 2 untouched games for PS3 I need to finish.
    5. I'm not worried about bugs. In fact it may work out for the best. The first PS3 buyers ended up getting a nice deal (they got to play games straight off "internet" and not have to download it on the console because their consoles had so little memory). It was super convenient. If anything is wrong, I got the warranty for 3 years.
    6. To be honest, unlike you (REALLY unlike you) I don't play a ton of games on my computer. I don't use steam. I just game on my console and buy the coolest new games when I want them (once every 2-5 months sounds right). So ya, my gaming style is different than you (who probably buys a ton of steam games and cycles through playing whatever on your computer). An analogy would be...you renting/buying (pretend there's no netflix) a ton of DVDs for your home TV/computer, me going to the movies for the big ones once every 2-3 months).

I could probably list more, but this is the NBA thread lol. (Although we're all quite laid back so we can do whatever we want, can't say that about other subforums here on MMO-C lol).

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you guys have work/school?!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't follow the logic of preferring less efficient, shoot-first guys as who you'd want to "build a team around". I don't know of any teams that have won titles with shoot-first point guards, and most of those teams aren't even very good. The Bulls have an utterly stifling defense that wins them a shitload of games despite not having a top-5 type player. Isn't a bit suspicious that Rose has a negative career on count-off court split if he's a completely indispensable player?

- - - Updated - - -

He's worse at shooting threes. That's a weakness. Shooting more of them is also a weakness. Taking inefficient shots is not a strength.

It's the dumbest, most cherrypicked shit in the world. Guys, guys, guys, look only at these three games that happened years ago! Ignore everything before and after those games! But hey, I know you're not going to be convinced by anything because you're an abject homer. I just find it continually hilarious to see the same stupid excuses trotted out over and over.
    I mean, the argument that I'm a homer loses a bit of steam when there's other non-Bulls fan in this thread who are agreeing with BOTH sides of this argument. You clearly have deep rooted hatred for Rose and the fact that he won MVP, which goes even deeper than my homerism.

For the 18th time, it's not cherrypicked random ass games against random ass teams. The fact that you can't grasp this fact really is embarrassing honestly. You are acting and posting as if I'm pulling a Bulls game vs. Toronoto in 2012 and comparing it to a Clippers game vs. Charlotte in 2011.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I will say that I don't think that your 1v1 argument holds up though, Stommped. Rose's skill set is clearly more designed around that kind of game while Paul is a more team oriented player.
    While I agree, I just think there's a lot of other variables in all the other games. Clearly the Clippers have more talent offensively than the Bulls, which does a lot for Paul. It increases his ability to get assists, defenders can not simply bum rush when he penetrates the lane, etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW the Christmas Day jerseys are fucking god awful

Better QB than Ponder.

Didn't Kevin love do that thing where he through the farthest shot ever in a science lab. He's used to full court throwing lol.

Kukukuku. Ya it was $400 + $39 for Warranty. But I (read: my Mom) has a Target card for 5% off. So I saved a bit. I want it because:

1. Status symbol.
    2. I'm not risking not getting one and having to wait. I wanna be cutting edge. I got the PS3 in like 2010-11, it came out 2007-8 or something. I wanna be one of the first guys for once.
    3. Price isn't too bad compared to X Box. I (read: my parents) have been saving for a while, but money isn't too huge of a problem for me.
    2 + 3. I don't spend a lot of money going out or doing stuff. Most of my "disposable income for fun" is spent on either sports tickets or video games. As me (and Jib) said before, I'm (we're) kind of cheap. I know how to manage my money.
    4. I don't mind waiting a week or two for the games, honestly school and applications have kept me so busy I still have 2 untouched games for PS3 I need to finish.
    5. I'm not worried about bugs. In fact it may work out for the best. The first PS3 buyers ended up getting a nice deal (they got to play games straight off "internet" and not have to download it on the console because their consoles had so little memory). It was super convenient. If anything is wrong, I got the warranty for 3 years.
    6. To be honest, unlike you (REALLY unlike you) I don't play a ton of games on my computer. I don't use steam. I just game on my console and buy the coolest new games when I want them (once every 2-5 months sounds right). So ya, my gaming style is different than you (who probably buys a ton of steam games and cycles through playing whatever on your computer). An analogy would be...you renting/buying (pretend there's no netflix) a ton of DVDs for your home TV/computer, me going to the movies for the big ones once every 2-3 months).

I could probably list more, but this is the NBA thread lol. (Although we're all quite laid back so we can do whatever we want, can't say that about other subforums here on MMO-C lol).
    Hey, let us know how it is, how the games are, etc. I'm interested in grabbing a PS4 down the line myself but I've heard of hardware nightmares and lack of game titles are already problems.

---

The Rose vs Paul argument is an especially interesting debate with Rose coming back from a big injury. Chris Paul had that big injury a few years ago and it seems pretty clear to me that he'll likely never be as good (historically good) as he was before it but he's still a top 3 PG in anybody's book, even the homers and haters. Where Rose goes from here will likely make a big impact on this debate moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    Hey, let us know how it is, how the games are, etc. I'm interested in grabbing a PS4 down the line myself but I've heard of hardware nightmares and lack of game titles are already problems.
    Hehe, will do. If I don't do it quickly enough (I don't actually have a game right now, Target sold out all their games) just hit me up and tell you the experience thus far.

Going back to the NBA *cough cough*

Idk if you guys said it in your CP3 v. Rose discussion but Rose probably won't play tonight because his Hamstring is acting up. Just letting you guys worry. (Wait this guy is in my signature, I have a stake in this too lol.)

Tonight's good games:
    Mavericks @ Miami looks good but it's only on league pass. I think Dallas may get 8th seed btw, maybe 7th?
    Wolves @ Denver on ESPN. Denver isn't really the same level of good as last year so...game isn't gonna be great. Wolves might be fun to watch.
    Nets @ Phoenix. I think I'm too scared to watch if Nets might lose. It's like how you ask other people to open college acceptance letters for you lol, that feeling.
    Pistons @ Sacramento on ESPN. Sounds really shitty to be honest. If I'm up I guess I'll watch new-look Pistons.

Tomorrow's games:
    Hawks @ New York. I feel like I just saw this shit, too boring to watch.
    Pacers @ Chicago on League Pass. I wish I could see that lol.
    Nets @ LAC on NBATV. That shit is gonna be interesting, I'll watch Nets against a contender.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw if we're talking about Kevin Love (I came back in this thread to see the schedule I wrote lol but I saw that Love GIF).

- - - Updated - - -

Lol at Nets game. Controversy over end of Nets Phoenix game. Gay.

- - - Updated - - -

They fouled Paul Pierce and they didn't call it or review it because no whistle was blown. It's kay. Score was tied 92-92 with 2.3 seconds left. Not a big deal...this isn't a game changer or anything.

(I'm calling a little bit of bias from refs and the doing-well-Suns. When I get to see a replay I'll make a better decision.)

Why the fuck aren't the Suns bad? Is Bledsoe just that much of a beast? Are there other good things happening that I haven't watched yet?