10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    The only people to me that are worth max contracts are Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, and maybe Derrik Rose I only say maybe because I wouldn't pay somebody a max contract when they get hurt quite often. I guess it really doesn't matter who I think are worth max contracts because it goes by what teams are willing to spend.
    Derrick's contract is better than a max deal. They have 30% of their cap space committed to him through the end of his deal. If the cap goes up he gets a raise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    This is what we call diminishing returns. The person can take less salary to try and acquire better players, but it kind of tarnishes their reputation if they get too low. Like they're playing for free just for championships. You'll never get called "the best" doing that.

I know Lebron would be held to a high standard so I thought about Tim Duncan's case (since he's only paid like $10 or $12 mil or something), but to be honest that's what he's actually worth.

Lebron is worth like $25 mil.

Oh man this is a fun game we could play. Evaluate how much NBA players are worth.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Wade opted out but Bosh is deciding.

2. Apparently Kidd asked for a position in front office (above GM Billy King) on top of his coaching with Nets but they said no. And then he's apparently talking to Bucks about a job opportunity.

3. This guy said something funny to me. "Imagine if Bill Gates and Steve Jobs took their talents to IBM. How fucked up would the computer world be." Lols.
    If Jordan gets $33.14 1n 98. Lebron is worth quite a lot more than $25 million now. The salary cap is a scam. Nba player wages have been depressed by it. The players are stupid for agreeing to such strict salary restrictions. Not as stupid as Nfl players but pretty stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so wait a gdamn second. The bucks, a team that was garbage last year, but has some promising young talent, are trying to give up a second round draft pick in order to get an unproven one year coach that got to the second round with a team loaded with veterans with much playoff experience in an all time bad version of a conference.

Why not save the damn pick and offer a job to Mark Jackson? or anyone else out there that is available? Why is Kidd so attractive to a young team?
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strange move, but it's only a second round pick. Not sure why Jason Kidd would be appealing. Perhaps they wanted to save some cap space or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean this whole situation with Kidd demanding more power in the org just fits the whole "Kidd is a complete asshole" story that has been floating around for years, like the guy is a complete sociopath.
    You're a towel.

1. Nets got 2nd round draft pick 2015 and 2nd round draft pick 2019. Bucks got Kidd.

2. Apparently Lebron wants a max contract.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cavs flying to NJ to offer Kyrie a max deal (5 yrs, 90M) - which he will accept.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-06-30 at 10:07 PM.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

(That kind of affects cap space for Lebron/Melo.)

- - - Updated - - -

These guys in Florida are wearing headbands at Church to pray that Lebron resigns with Heat.

Lol........................

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no question lebron deserves a max deal if anyone in the league does. Problem is wade opted out of a big year and unless there is some shady under the table stuff going on, I can't see wade staying if lebron gets max and they keep bosh. The problem isn't just keepin those three , but the roleplayers around them. They cannot go over salary cap and keep mid level exception, which they will basically need.

I've heard some rumors that lebron is putting this news out in an attempt to get competitors to dump good players to clear cap for him, but he will actually resign for less :P interesting theory I guess.

Is brian wind horsy the luckiest reporter in the game? He was like a lebron James fanboy reporter all throughout middle and high school, followed him to Cleveland, then followed him to Miami. He essentially made a career out of being a complete nut hugger lol.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    shady under the table stuff going on
    You can count on that. I expect Lebron to stay in Miami. It'd already be a done deal but like you said, they're hoping teams will dump good players to clear cap space to make a bid at him.

It's quite a clever strategy. I salute Miami / Lebron for doing it.

You think they're dumping good players to weaken teams? Or to give Miami options for role players?

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda works out both ways for them. Don't you think? Some team will come out weaker because they made a salary dump. Bulls have fallen victim to this before. They dumped Kirk Heinrich to make cap room for a potential Lebron signing back when he left Cleveland. Would have been nice to have him those couple years he was gone. Even with His injuries, when he plays the Bulls have been good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You think they're dumping good players to weaken teams? Or to give Miami options for role players?
    Weaken teams. But its just a "theory" and a pretty far out one at that :P

- - - Updated - - -

Reading into it, Phoenix would be the best place for Lebron to go. Yeah they did not make the playoffs this year, but they were extremely close, they have a VERY solid base, and they could add Lebron, AND another marquee free agent, AND they have good draft picks.

The only problem: Would Lebron even consider Phoenix as an option?
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Lebron isn't going to any Western Conference team. No way. The easiest path to the finals is through the East. You think he wants to play more than 1 7 game series? Out west he'd have to go through at least, the Spurs in the conf finals + whoever is before it, and whoever is before it won't be a joke like it is in the East. It's sad, but that's how it is.

Also apparently Bosh and Wade will take 11/12mill per...gives the Heat some cap space, something like 12 mill apparently.

I still don't think that's enough for them to get anyone that's really going to help them get past whatever comes out West next year anyways, let alone the Bulls if they sign Melo or get Love.
    Last edited by mmoc6c2828de56; 2014-07-01 at 08:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read a story a couple weeks back that Lebron, on a truly open market, would be worth ~ $44 million.

I don't have a problem with the salary cap, and I don't think most of the players, do, either. What probably pisses Lebron off is him taking less to build a team out, and then the owner cutting Mike Miller to avoid the luxury tax.

On top of that, it seems fucking ludicrous that, in this market, Wade is worth $12 million. He's no where near as good as Lebron, and worse, he's a part-timer at best going forward. Maybe take that $12,000,000 and divide it by 82, and pay him that much per game he started last year... Puts him just under $8 million for this year. That sounds a lot more like what he's worth, to me. Do that for Bosh, except multiply it by how many games he broke 15 & 10. Now you can sign some quality free agents.

- - - Updated - - -

Just in- the Cavs appear to be moving on from Lebron- looks like they're going to offer Gordon Hayward a max deal- 15 mil a year to start.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

It just baffles me how theres just never any "help"

Has a team with role players built around him, they make #1 seed back to back years, no help

Has a team with other all-stars built to play with him, leaving less room for role players, no help

There isnt any other team out there, that gets superstar players AND quality role players off the bench. Why we feel like Lebron and the Heat are entitled to having both when nobody else does is beyond me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    It just baffles me how theres just never any "help"

Has a team with role players built around him, they make #1 seed back to back years, no help
    [Mo Williams, Anthony Parker, Anderson Varejao, Zydrunas Illgauskas] Mo Williams is the second best player on what championship-caliber team? Two double-digit scorers... Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Has a team with other all-stars built to play with him, leaving less room for role players, no help

There isnt any other team out there, that gets superstar players AND quality role players off the bench. Why we feel like Lebron and the Heat are entitled to having both when nobody else does is beyond me
    This year's Heat team, D.Wade had .2 WS more than Mo Williams had Lebron's last year in Cleveland. He actually played 200 less minutes than Ray Allen's corpse.

Lebron is the only 'superstar' on that team. Wade hasn't had a 'superstar' season since Lebron's first year in Miami. Further, Bosh and Wade aren't 'built to play with him'. Wade is a terrible fit on this team, or really any team where he's not the primary ball-handler. Lebron and Bosh are the only two 'plus' defenders on that team, and Bosh gives half of that back as a big that averages 6 rebounds a game.

You can't just say, "They have superstars and hall-of-famers- what else could he need?!" If you could, someone would put together a lineup of Magic, Jordan, Bird, Malone, and David Robinson... And that team wouldn't win 20 games. There's like 6 guys, total, on last year's Heat team that weren't actively decaying. And that's if you count Beasley and Chalmers!
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Tell me if you guys notice what's up.

Rockets are trying to lure Melo. And in doing so they gave him a jersey that has Linn's number on it LOL.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    You can't just say, "They have superstars and hall-of-famers- what else could he need?!" If you could, someone would put together a lineup of Magic, Jordan, Bird, Malone, and David Robinson... And that team wouldn't win 20 games. There's like 6 guys, total, on last year's Heat team that weren't actively decaying. And that's if you count Beasley and Chalmers!
    Bird - 57
    Magic - 54
    Malone - 50
    Jordan - 51
    Robinson - 48

They would not win 20 games at their age.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    [Mo Williams, Anthony Parker, Anderson Varejao, Zydrunas Illgauskas] Mo Williams is the second best player on what championship-caliber team? Two double-digit scorers... Really?

This year's Heat team, D.Wade had .2 WS more than Mo Williams had Lebron's last year in Cleveland. He actually played 200 less minutes than Ray Allen's corpse.

Lebron is the only 'superstar' on that team. Wade hasn't had a 'superstar' season since Lebron's first year in Miami. Further, Bosh and Wade aren't 'built to play with him'. Wade is a terrible fit on this team, or really any team where he's not the primary ball-handler. Lebron and Bosh are the only two 'plus' defenders on that team, and Bosh gives half of that back as a big that averages 6 rebounds a game.

All Im saying is I dont hear it with anyone else to even a inch of the degree that I do for Lebron. And for someone who is so great at making his teammates better, they sure have a knack for playing worse when they are paired with him, at least according to everyone who criticizes his teammates. Like am I the only one who notices the hypocracy?

Heck even most analysts agree that Lebron wont leave Miami because there isnt a place with a better situation then there that can afford him. So its like no matter where he would go, if he did decide to leave, the team wouldnt be good enough