After giving her a 6million dollar ring to stay with him after he raped that girl you cant really be surprised. He kinda set the tone already

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Now, I ain't saying she's a trophy digger, but she ain't messing with a no ring, n----r. With an attitude like that I kind of hope Kobe did totally bang those two hotties that were on that picture with him in a hotel room.
    They were just getting an autograph lol

So. My phone just texted me saying Ibaka-Thunder deal $48mil/4 years...?

Conscript come tell me what's going on. I thought this Ibaka/Harden choice came next year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    So. My phone just texted me saying Ibaka-Thunder deal $48mil/4 years...?

Conscript come tell me what's going on. I thought this Ibaka/Harden choice came next year.
    Just saw your post and I was all like NO WAY, but way. That means one of two things really either:
    1) Harden is walking away. They day offer sheets start he is going to get a max offer sheet from someone, probably several someones, in the league. OKC absolutely has no way to match that offer. Ibaka, Durant, and Westbrook make $44.5 million next season by themselves.
    2) Harden will take a massive pay cut to stay there. Even that will probably require them moving Perkins who is the anti-Howard which will hurt them to lose. There isn't a better guy in the league against Dwight than Perk.
    3) Bonus option! They trade Westbrook, make Harden a max player and their full time PG.

I didn't expect them to make a move to extend with guy until next offseason, but it looks like they have made their choice now, which was the right choice, and Harden is going to be playing next season to earn a max deal with another team.

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 01:29 PM ----------

Fun story here, if you think LeBron was wrong for leaving Cleveland and should apologize, guess what, you share the same view as a TERRORIST! The lawyer for Muhammer Rahim, Al Qaeda member and former translator for Usama Bin Laden, released some of his letters one of which says that LeBron is a very bad man and should apologize to Cleveland.

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2012/0...-to-cleveland/

By the way, Middle Eastern terrorists having opinions about NBA players is just awesome. You wouldn't think you could ever relate to those types of people, but apparently even they like American sports.

thats such an awful pic of Lebron in that post. he looks half retarded

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Just saw your post and I was all like NO WAY, but way. That means one of two things really either:
    1) Harden is walking away. They day offer sheets start he is going to get a max offer sheet from someone, probably several someones, in the league. OKC absolutely has no way to match that offer. Ibaka, Durant, and Westbrook make $44.5 million next season by themselves.
    2) Harden will take a massive pay cut to stay there. Even that will probably require them moving Perkins who is the anti-Howard which will hurt them to lose. There isn't a better guy in the league against Dwight than Perk.
    3) Bonus option! They trade Westbrook, make Harden a max player and their full time PG.

I didn't expect them to make a move to extend with guy until next offseason, but it looks like they have made their choice now, which was the right choice, and Harden is going to be playing next season to earn a max deal with another team.

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 01:29 PM ----------

Fun story here, if you think LeBron was wrong for leaving Cleveland and should apologize, guess what, you share the same view as a TERRORIST! The lawyer for Muhammer Rahim, Al Qaeda member and former translator for Usama Bin Laden, released some of his letters one of which says that LeBron is a very bad man and should apologize to Cleveland.

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2012/0...-to-cleveland/

By the way, Middle Eastern terrorists having opinions about NBA players is just awesome. You wouldn't think you could ever relate to those types of people, but apparently even they like American sports.
    Hardin was great last season but against better teams like Miami and the Spurs he wasn't that much of a factor. I wouldn't give him a max deal I don't think he is worth it. Also there is no way there getting rid of Westbrook even thou I think they should.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Hardin was great last season but against better teams like Miami and the Spurs he wasn't that much of a factor. I wouldn't give him a max deal I don't think he is worth it. Also there is no way there getting rid of Westbrook even thou I think they should.
    You might not, but 15 NBA teams will. These guys got max contracts this offseason:
    Eric Gordon-Missed most of last year with an injury
    Brooks Lopez-Couldn't rebound to save his life, mediocre defensively
    Roy Hibbert- Mediocre. Disappeared against the Heat who have no interior defense

These guys got near max or high value:
    Jeff Green-Missed all of last season thanks to heart surgery
    Kris Humphries- Great rebounder, thats it

Harden is better than every one of those guys. There will be half a dozen or more teams willing to give him max money, another half dozen willing to give him $10-12 million. Max players aren't "max" players anymore. All the max does is artificially lower contracts for guys like LeBron and Durant, not necessarily force players to take contracts that are comparative to their deals. Harden absolutely is a max player.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah see when you was saying max I was thinking k.bryant, Tim Duncan numbers u know over 20 mill. Your right thou those days are over I think with people wanting to make "Big Threes" and super teams. What is crazy is the 21 mil that is Rashard Lewis's contract and 18 mil that my boy Joe Johnson is getting I mean hes my boy but he should be getting like 10-13 mil dollars a year.

Joe Johnson contract was made before new CBA so he's super expensive over a long time.

Which is bad zzz he's in Brooklyn, my team along with Knicks.

In fact, there was this ranking list of most toxic contracts. #1 Joe Johnson. #2 Amare Stoudemire. WHY CAN'T NEW YORK HAVE NICE THINGS?

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...-the-same-team

Just makes you wonder how things would've gone if everything had gone according to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Manavz View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...-the-same-team

Just makes you wonder how things would've gone if everything had gone according to plan.
    I read the article, and I sighed when I saw the comment:

Steve Nash and Dwight Howard will wear the cherished purple-and-gold this season and odds are being placed on L.A. surpassing the 1995-96 Bulls' 72 wins.
    Oh, you mean like how the Heat were supposed to be 72+ wins the first year they were assembled? I really wish that everyone would stop comparing MJ and/or the Bulls to every player and team in the game. You can be great and *not* be MJ/the Bulls. Not to mention from the sounds of it, Howard won't start, so I sincerely doubt the Lakers will go 72+.

For the record, I'm a Laker fan.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2012-08-23 at 01:09 AM.

Idk, the Lakers are a fucking super team if a super team ever did exist. Chemistry might not be there but it's hard to imagine them losing.

I could only see them losing a game against Miami, maybe OKC, maybe maybe Boston, and maybe a few games where they aren't playing seriously.

72 is a crazy push, I'd say 65 is possible. Maybe 68.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Idk, the Lakers are a fucking super team if a super team ever did exist. Chemistry might not be there but it's hard to imagine them losing.

I could only see them losing a game against Miami, maybe OKC, maybe maybe Boston, and maybe a few games where they aren't playing seriously.

72 is a crazy push, I'd say 65 is possible. Maybe 68.
    If they click off the bat and Howard can get back within the first month of the season I would buy 65 wins. That is a pretty big achievement. Getting to 72 though is just impossible. You have to come to play literally every single night. You can't take games off, which is why the Heat won't get there since they are notorious for just turning the switch off for meaningless games. You have to stay completely healthy which will make it tough for the Lakers who have a back court that is super old. On top of all that you need to be incredibly lucky. You are going to have 5-8 nights per season where shots aren't going to fall, you'll get in early foul trouble that cripples you, etc. Every team is going to be up to play you. The Lakers coming to their town is going to be their Championship game for 15-20 teams in the league. Beating them is the only real thing they can hope for. Away crowds will be fuller and more hostile than even the Lakers are used to.

If the Lakers have health, luck, motivation, and determination on their side for 82 straight games MAYBE they get to 72+, but man that is such a huge achievement in a league with fairly deep parity especially in a division with the third best team in the West, the Clippers, and a team that could absolutely be the Lakers cryptonite, the Golden State Warriors. They Warriors are about 10% interior play, 90% exterior ball movement and jump shooting. I don't think it is far fetched at all to think the Warriors can take 2-3 games from the Lakers during the regular season if they are hitting shots. They are a whole hell of a lot like the Magic team that made the Finals but with worse interior play but better outside shooting. No shot to beat the Lakers in the playoffs, but they can beat them on any given night in the regular season.

As much as i love the lakers, i dont see them winning 72 games if howard doesnt start. But i do expect 62+ easily. I think they will end up with 65-68 wins and top seed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey look, the Buffoons, I mean the Maloofs, are trying to moving the Kings again. They are meeting with Comcast and representatives from a new location to discuss potential relocation options. That new location: Virginia Beach. Please David Stern, force these fucking idiots to sell the team. They don't have the money to even operate it at this point. Now they are discussing the option of moving it across the country. They are just the worst owners in sports. They get the city to finance most of the huge bill for a new arena and then back out at the last second because they don't want to make their meager portion of the payment.

On a more interesting note, you'd have to imagine they would become an Eastern team if they moved to Virginia Beach. Memphis is the farthest East team in the Western Conference right now, but at least they are in Central time. VB Kings would be in the EST so they would have to be in the East. That would mean Chicago or Milwaukee would have to move West barring expansion or other relocation. Technically the NBA could allow the Kings to move the VB then expand to Seattle in a few years along with one other location, possibly Anaheim who could host a team at any time with their established arena.

Reportedly Comcast is willing to back a 25 year arena deal for a new arena that would host the Kings and ACC tourney games. A deal isn't imminent, but the Kings could announce their intent to relocate as soon as Wednesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in Sacramento and I just want those douches gone. Theres a pretty hard core Kings fan base here its just the Maloofs never wanted to do anything serious or spend any of there money to improve their organization.

One of our local news covering the new topic: http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/...,2309325.story

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    I live in Sacramento and I just want those douches gone. Theres a pretty hard core Kings fan base here its just the Maloofs never wanted to do anything serious or spend any of there money to improve their organization.

One of our local news covering the new topic: http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/...,2309325.story
    Ya it isn't like Sac is a bad market at all. The owners are just the fucking worst. They are flat broke and even when they weren't they abused the franchise. For their arena naming partner they went with a company that produces a fake product and is not in bankruptcy with god knows how many pending lawsuits. That is just the most Maloof thing ever. They lost basically their entire controlling stake in the hotel they own. God their awful. I honestly feel bad for Kings fans and that is coming from a Pistons fan who had the family of our former dead owner float the idea of moving the team to Las Vegas another resort town like Virginia Beach that makes no sense at all as a host for a sports franchise.

I will be downright shocked if this report is anything more than completely fabricated. Everything about the deal is dumb. The Maloofs don't have the money to pay for the small share of a new arena in Sacramento. They certainly don't have the money to fund their portion of this relocation effort. VB/Hamptons/Norfolk is a market half the size of Sacramento so good luck with attendance and a sizable TV deal there. Plus the deal mentioned the Maloofs building a hotel which would help fund the team and god knows they don't have the money to build anything besides a small motel with maybe an in ground pool. Resort towns as homes for teams is so stupid.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-23 at 06:49 PM.

Since we're talking about the Sacramento Kings (and since I live an hour away from Sac), I figure I'd share my (random) experience.

I remember, back when the Kings and Lakers series was very much relevant and heated, me and my mother (a pretty hardcore Kings fan) attended a Kings home game, against the Lakers. I wore a Kobe jersey in the arena. And I got the most heated stares, it was great. How I miss those days, when the Kings were relevant. I'll still never understand a large majority of the Kings moves. They seem to be giving players away, so they can move away. I just don't get it.

Nowadays, it doesn't really seem that the Lakers have any real "rivals". Perhaps the Heat, but it's only this season that the Lakers are truthfully competitively equal -- more or less -- to them. The Celtics aren't really, because whenever the Lakers seem to be competitive, the Celtics aren't, and vice versa.

Well, I'm from the VA Beach area, I can tell you the story is legit. They met with people from the city yesterday to talk details. The funny thing is that even people here are wondering what the hell these guys are thinking. It's all local sports talk radio has covered lately though.

Hey so I'm gonna be in Florida for winter around Christmas time, near Orlando.

Pick a game:
    A. Utah.
    B. New Orleans.
    C. Toronto.

Which one of those do you think is best game to see vs Orlando? And I know Orlando is shitty as fuck and all but I want to take my grandparents to a game before they die, and these games will be cheap.

Was thinking I'd see Hornets.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2012-08-24 at 05:58 PM.