I think Utah will probably have the best coaching and team offense which would be more interesting to watch. Of course, that game might be a blow out, but if I could only watch one game, I'd want to watch the best teams possible.

Yeah Magic are bad I'm just going to see the other team.

Hmm. For some reason I thought Hornets would be more interesting to watch because of Anthony Davis and all, but I suppose you're right with the Jazz.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Utah is pretty boring thou I hate to say it but they are. I would probably go and see the Hornets as well and check out how Anthony Davis is doing his rookie year and maybe even try and get an autograph or something lame before he either bust or blows up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its potentially the end of an era folks. Brian Scalabrine may join the Chicago Bulls as an assistant coach rather than play next season. Sad day for basketball fans everywhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Be-rebirthed NBA mega-thread for it is pre-season time.

The Knicks are going into this season as the oldest NBA team in history averaging nearly 33 years old. That is a great sign for a team in the modern, hyper athletic NBA.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-10-03 at 03:35 PM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post

The Knicks are going into this season as the oldest NBA team in history averaging nearly 33 years old. That is a great sign for a team in the modern, hyper athletic NBA.

Whats the avg age of the Celtics I mean jeeze they can't be much younger same with my spurs thou they had 2-3 young guys do pretty well last year.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post

Lakers starters are damn near that old and everyone's on their nuts. But I agree; they should have gone for young talent to fill in around Melo and Stat, not Rasheed Fucking Wallace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone have a feeling that the NBA's new anti-flopping rule with backfire?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I'm ready to see the Heat in action with Ray Allen rolling with them now. I'm also ready to see how the Lakers do this year. On another note, I'm honestly just ready for the NBA season to be here.

Ho boy, here comes the season, not too far off now. What are peoples predictions this year? Who will be on top for each division? I see the Heat and Knicks doing very well in the East. With the west I see a pretty nasty trio in the Thunder, Clippers and Nuggets. I really do think the Nuggets are going to be a BIG surprise this season, and I say that not just as an avid Nuggets fan!
    The earth is not a cold dead place

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Does anyone have a feeling that the NBA's new anti-flopping rule with backfire?
    Yes. I agree with it in spirit, but it's very convoluted, and it probably won't stop much. How about calling it a foul in-game, and making a "two fouls and you're out" rules, similar to technical fouls.

I think the big problem with the flopping rule is that it's so damn vague. So people already have a problem with the refs, and we're adding another vague, judgement call for them to make. Sounds like a good plan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    Ho boy, here comes the season, not too far off now. What are peoples predictions this year? Who will be on top for each division? I see the Heat and Knicks doing very well in the East. With the west I see a pretty nasty trio in the Thunder, Clippers and Nuggets. I really do think the Nuggets are going to be a BIG surprise this season, and I say that not just as an avid Nuggets fan!
    Heat yes, Knicks LOL. The Knicks are going to be a 7-8 seed or outside looking in. They have no depth whatsoever. Their PG spot is beyond laughable this year. Plus look at their division. Brooklyn got massively, massively better. Boston is still Boston. Philly got much better with the addition of Bynum. Philly's biggest weakness last year was lack of interior scoring. They remedied that by adding the second best center in the NBA and the best offensive center by far. Bynum is going to kill it in Philly. If Turner steps up this year and helps fill the void left by their departures, Philly is going to be quite good. Hell I think Toronto is a better team right now than the Knicks. Toronto has an actual PG. Shit Toronto has TWO. If Barg is healthy I really, really like Toronto's line up.

Quick standings guesses
    East:
    Atlantic:
    Brooklyn*
    Philly*
    Boston*
    New York*
    Toronto*
    Central
    Indiana*
    Chicago*
    Detroit
    Cleveland
    Milwaukee
    Southeast
    Miami*
    Washington
    Atlanta
    Charlotte (buying into MKG giving that team at least enough of a work ethic boost to not be quite as lolbad as Orlando)
    Orlando

West:
    Southwest
    Memphis*
    San Antonio*
    Dallas*
    Houston
    New Orleans
    Northwest
    OKC*
    Denver*
    Portland
    Utah
    Minnesota (unless Rubio gets back much sooner than expected currently)
    West
    Lakers*
    Clippers*
    Golden State*
    Sacramento
    Phoenix
    *=playoff team

As for the West, I am incredibly excited by the prospects of Golden State. They are going to be my T-Wolves this year, the team I watch on League Pass whenever possible. They have the potential to be tremendously exciting team. I could see them knocking out one of the top three seeds (not the Lakers or OKC probably) in the first round of the playoffs. Denver is in the same boat although frankly I wouldn't be shocked if they win the division somehow. They are going to be a tremendously fun to watch team as well.

If I had to pick the Finals now it would be Heat and Lakers. No clue who wins.

Note: Yes I have the entire Atlantic in the playoffs. I'm not happy about that. The Southeast is incredibly meh. I expect everyone but Miami to be incredibly, incredibly mediocre. But that hasn't stopped Atlanta from always snagging a 4-5 seed lol. I'm a Detroit fan and my optimism for the team is waning. Dumars needed to make one more move this offseason to solve the logjam at the 3 spot. He didn't do that and only added to that jam by bringing in Magette. Pistons are a year away. Cleveland has fucked up two drafts in a row outside of the Irving pick and I expect it to hurt them. As for the Bucks I expect Ilysova to disappear after getting paid.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-10-11 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    Calling it now, Thunder and Heat in the championship again.

I think it's the start of a dynasty for the Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Calling it now, Thunder and Heat in the championship again.

I think it's the start of a dynasty for the Thunder
    Out of curiosity, what makes you think this rematch would result in a different outcome?

It's a shame that the Heat won't be legitimately challenged (I feel that the Celtics coming that close was a fluke; they can win a few against them, but the Heat are clearly the superior team).

My Predictions on the standings:

West:
    1) OKC
    2) Lakers
    3) Clippers
    4) Spurs
    5) Mavs
    6) Denver
    7) Golden State
    8) Hornets/Timberwolves
    - I do not think the Memphis will make the playoffs.

East:
    1) Heat
    2) Knicks
    3) Celtics
    4) Pacers
    5) Nets
    6) Hawks
    7) Wizards
    8) 76'ers/Bulls

- Bynum's already injured.
    - D.Rose says he might sit out the entire season.
    - I think Knicks will thrive under J.Kidd's locker room presence and turn into a team like the Mavs from 2 years ago.
    - I think the Nets are overrated and Joe Johnson will hurt them more than help them.

I think Miami will stomp all over the Lakers in the finals.

Oh we're already back from vacation guys?

West:
    1. OKC
    2. Lakers
    3. Spurs
    4. Clippers
    5. Denver
    6. Mavs
    7. Minnesota
    8. Golden State

East:
    1. Heat duhhh
    2. Boston
    3. Pacers
    4. Knicks
    5. Nets
    6. 76ers
    7. Bulls
    8. Hawks

Dude Windry your list is fucked up, you aren't counting that the top in each division gets a seed 1-3 lol. Ex. Boston and Knicks are in same division, no way can they take spots 2 and 3.

Well, unless you're just talking records.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2012-10-13 at 03:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see nobody's even giving the Jazz a chance at an 8 seed. Just another useless season.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Out of curiosity, what makes you think this rematch would result in a different outcome?

It's a shame that the Heat won't be legitimately challenged (I feel that the Celtics coming that close was a fluke; they can win a few against them, but the Heat are clearly the superior team).
    They have some new talent and they got really close last time and have tasted it. They're gonna want that championship this year.

...and I want them to win :c

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Dude Windry your list is fucked up, you aren't counting that the top in each division gets a seed 1-3 lol. Ex. Boston and Knicks are in same division, no way can they take spots 2 and 3.

Well, unless you're just talking records.
    Winning your division guarantees you 1-4 I thought?