Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vecsus View Post
    7. Don't assume that because someone is dressed like a tank or a healer that they have built their character to fill that roll.
    Can't stress this one more. Somehow, despite so many folks coming from WoW, a lot of guys seem to be stuck in a Guardian/Jugg=Tank, Sage/Sorc=Healer thought.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't mind breaking immersion and want to min/max the affection with your current companion (useful early as you only have one companion for quite a while as many classes) you can hit Escape to break out of a dialogue if you happen to choose a dialogue option that your buddy doesn't like. The vast majority of dialogue choices have zero impact on story, quest outcome or LS/DS gain, and really only exist to allow the player to role-play and/or gain/lose affection. Bioware's misleading dialogue wheel of randomness makes a return in many of the quests, and the option you thought your companion would love turns out to be the opposite of what you'd expect some of the time.

Later on I found myself listening to each new section of a dialogue, and then picking each option one by one, breaking out of the dialogue and spacebar spamming my way back to where I previously broke out. It doesn't take too much longer and you can avoid a lot of headaches if you're a min/maxing player that wants to get your companions leveled up without buying tons of gifts.

Bear in mind that most companions, for the most part, favor either LS or DS options, but will also sometimes prefer the opposite of their normal preference. For example: the IA's first companion Kaliyo generally likes to cause mischief and mayhem and prefers DS options, but makes an exception for helpless aliens or LS options that screw over the Empire. You can't really avoid getting screwed one way or the other on these, as there's no advantage to being "gray" and you're going to want to commit to either LS or DS if you want to get access to items on those vendors as early as you can.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Malgo View Post
    While you are at the fleet it would be worth doing the 2-3 warzone quests, it's alot of experience.

When you get your ship you should have 3-4 space missions, even with no mods you should be able to do them all including 1/2 red missions, 3-4 space missions is nearly 1 full level if i remember correctly. When you complete these you unlock the space mission dailies but the exp is not that good
    Also in the fleet (and Coruscant/Dromund Kaas), Codex entries give XP, and there's a Codex entry for each profession trainer. Easy chunk of experience for just clicking on a bunch of NPCs in the same area as soon as you hit the fleet.

1. to change the instance your in (expample hutta 1, hutta 2, hutta 3) look for a tab on the bottom right of your world map

2. if you preordered, the crystal will make your weapon yellow

3. if youre playing a BH, sometimes it pays more to be the nice guy, DS points dont always lead to more credits, choose wisely

4. Cyborgs are humans with metal on their face

5. try not to name your character anakin, or arthas or something dumb and unoriginal, ppl will troll you

Quote Originally Posted by vazar_da_priest View Post
    5. try not to name your character anakin, or arthas or something dumb and unoriginal, ppl will troll you
    Crapple... I was going to make my Sith Warrior ArthasSkywalker...

Anyhow, hover over the zone border icon to see where to go for quests/missions.

And likely most importantly, do a search for the previous thread from about a month ago... : )

-Alamar