Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They copied the Banshee from SC2!

OT: Looked amazing, should be interesting to see if they get it right(and which units we get to romance). Would be nice to have a competitor for SC2 in the esports world.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I doubt it's Bioware that's making these decisions necessarily.

This decision has me so confused to be honest and I can really see EA exerting pressure very hard in this. It just seems so out of place to attach a Bioware tag to a C&C game, especially Generals. Honestly, I think some of the new management staff EA's been getting recently are jumping the shark pretty hard : /
    All things point to it being EA's doing. From EA's standpoint they are using their resources to their advantage. They have a studio with an amazing track record, why not use it? Bioware should be big enough for EA not to compromise their creative integrity, should be big enough.

Just realized its on the Frostbite engine. Nerdgasm.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't mind me, just being misinformed.

Also, it looks pretty, but will it run well and not be full of extra crap services? It's an EA game, so Origins is already gonna be on that crap service list.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2011-12-11 at 07:51 PM.

This decision has me so confused to be honest and I can really see EA exerting pressure very hard in this. It just seems so out of place to attach a Bioware tag to a C&C game, especially Generals.
    Just to touch on this for a second... isn't the Red Alert series considered the best of C&C franchise? It does seem odd this is Generals.

Vaguely remember Generals at the time being called a return to pre-RA style gameplay but I may be wrong. Admittedly I don't follow the C&C series too closely. Though I would expect EA to put their AAA dev house on the most honored of the franchise's properties; Red Alert.

Yea, odd.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Just to touch on this for a second... isn't the Red Alert series considered the best of C&C franchise? It does seem odd this is Generals.

Vaguely remember Generals at the time being called a return to pre-RA style gameplay but I may be wrong. Admittedly I don't follow the C&C series too closely. Though I would expect EA to put their AAA dev house on the most honored of the franchise's properties; Red Alert.

Yea, odd.
    Yes, Red Alert 2 is considered the "crown jewel" of C&C.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

This is more like EA Victory's new game. They're just called Bioware Victory now. Hopefully there's enough new management and new talent to resurrect the studio after the horrible, horrible game that was C&C4, but I'm a bit skeptic.

There's definitely a lot of truth in Bioware positioning itself as EA's version of Blizzard, however. Less of a "vendetta" against Blizzard than an attempt to replicate Blizzard's success in its genres and compete with Activision Blizzard across every genre. Consider it a large bet on the rising importance of AAA titles like Modern Warfare, Starcraft, and World of Warcraft; the big money is in the big titles these days, not the smaller releases.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Bioware should be big enough for EA not to compromise their creative integrity, should be big enough.
    The same thing was said of Westwood...poor poor Westwood. I'm have this itching fear that EA has forgotten the lessons they "learned" in the past and is moving in the same direction again, causing possible closures of some of their studios : /

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    So they will have units, campaigns and other things as BUYABLE DLC's?

Units as payed DLC content? Fuck that. Unless they can promise me some really amazing shit, the likelyhood that I will buy another cow for EA to milk is very unlikely.
    Wait...what?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I cant wait! Finally. I freakin love C&C

I've been waiting for a studio to pick up Total Annihilation and remake it. Letting TA go public domain was nice but the community just couldn't put out a polished/finished product from what I had seen. But I will "settle" for C&C coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    They're stepping into the biggest pair of boots in the RTS world and trying to replace them.

Don't get me wrong, I love Bioware but all their amazing games have been focused on single player content (hell even SWToR feels like a single player game) and the storytelling feel you get from that.

I don't see how they'll link their storytelling gaming style (with more subplots and mini stories than A Midsummer Night's Dream) into an RTS. If they pull it off great, if they don't then it'll be disappointing.

Also if this has C&C in the game name, I hope they get Klepacki doing the soundtrack, it's not really a C&C game without him.
    Pretty sure the biggest rts is sc2 followed by scbw and wc3 so filling the 4th biggest shoes.

I freaking LOVED the first generals. Still play it today. Have like a 112-4 record in skirmishes (only against brutal opponents, mostly 2-3 of them on a team vs me) (Yes against the ai. Sue me)

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    Pretty sure the biggest rts is sc2 followed by scbw and wc3 so filling the 4th biggest shoes.
    Not really. Westwood made RTS huge with Command and Conquer, and the seriously is usually recognized (primarily the games that Westwood worked on) as the first major RTS franchise and one of the best (if not the best). Without Westwood making RTS popular, there wouldn't be any Starcraft :P

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    This doesn't really seem like something Bioware's all that suited for, to be honest.
    I agree, bioware is almost a completely rpg studio and all of a sudden forcing them into rts.

---------- Post added 2011-12-11 at 07:56 PM ----------

Not really. Westwood made RTS huge with Command and Conquer, and the seriously is usually recognized (primarily the games that Westwood worked on) as the first major RTS franchise and one of the best (if not the best). Without Westwood making RTS popular, there wouldn't be any Starcraft :P
    Warcraft orcs and humans did pretty good and came out first...
    C and c actually came out around the same time as wc2 which was by far the superior game.

The only reason c and c was so popular was all the shitty ports, having played most rts games during that period it was honestly the 4th best title of the mid 90s behind wc, myth and ta.
    Last edited by bigjenk; 2011-12-11 at 08:08 PM.

Westwood is the one who created the RTS genre with Dune, and later on C&C took over its legacy. Their last C&C was Red Alert 2, which is my favorite RTS to this day, and probably of many other people aswell.

After Westwood's shutdown, EALA took over its production for the next C&C's. They are the ones who made C&C3, Red Alert 3 and C&C4. In my opinion C&C3 and Red Alert 3 were both very great, but not as good as their prequels. C&C4 was complete garbage, the only good thing about it was Joe Kucan as Kane.

Now EALA is defunct and they created a new studio known as Victory Games to take over the franchise. Generals 2 is now their first C&C, and hopefully more will follow. They are under the label of Bioware.

So I'd say give Victory Games a change, EALA may have screwed up the latest titles but now we have a brand new studio. From what I've seen of the small teaser, Generals 2 is looking great. Its good that they got a whole new engine, and I hope more awesome stuff will follow. They better make that engine moddable!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Westwood is the one who created the RTS genre with Dune, and later on C&C took over its legacy. Their last C&C was Red Alert 2, which is my favorite RTS to this day, and probably of many other people aswell.

After Westwood's shutdown, EALA took over its production for the next C&C's. They are the ones who made C&C3, Red Alert 3 and C&C4. In my opinion C&C3 and Red Alert 3 were both very great, but not as good as their prequels. C&C4 was complete garbage, the only good thing about it was Joe Kucan as Kane.

Now EALA is defunct and they created a new studio known as Victory Games to take over the franchise. Generals 2 is now their first C&C, and hopefully more will follow. They are under the label of Bioware.

So I'd say give Victory Games a change, EALA may have screwed up the latest titles but now we have a brand new studio. From what I've seen of the small teaser, Generals 2 is looking great. Its good that they got a whole new engine, and I hope more awesome stuff will follow. They better make that engine moddable!
    And they even fucked that up with the whole "Lulz he's an alien and he's going home, he's only spend like 200 years fucking shit up, so he can go home lulz".... Puuuhleaaaseeh....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not Bioware, it's Bioware Victory - a completely unrelated studio, apart from being under EA/Bioware management I guess.

Also C&C Generals is not the same as C&C. Different universes. But good game none the less. C&C franchise is the only RTS franchise I like. Other RTS do not cut it for me somehow. So looking forward to story driven C&C Generals 2 with full voice overs no less.

Deleted
    C&C Generals on Frostbite 2.0 engine? HELL YES! Imagine nuke destroying whole city, or ambush, where tanks suddenly crash through buildings and attack. Generals has special place in my heart, because I did play it a lot when I was younger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    SC2 is the biggest RTS (and almost the only) of this generation. Red Alert 2 was bigger than Brood Wars its just that Brood Wars was huge in Korea and its franchise wasn't plagues by bad games. WC3 almost had no peers.

Die hard RTS fans will probably place Read Alert 2 and Total Annihilation above most RTSs.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I saw the trailer.. the only word I could conjure from my lips was "wut...?"

Generals was the worse of the series that I played, Red Alert 3 almost took that spot, but Tim Curry saved it.

Why is EA going to start milking C&C more? Tiberium Twilight was just bad. Nothing good came from it, and I hated how they destroyed the base building mechanic. Which brings me to this..

Generals 2 MUST, and I repeat MUST have base building or I know it's going to be another bad game. Great engine or not. Engines don't make the game, the gameplay does.

sweet mother of god *puts down glasses

this is gonna be brilliant! 2013 has been saved, yay.

beware of kiddies who will flame that release takes too long and that they should release it right now :B