[Music] What type of electronic music is this?

Now, I hate Dubstep. I don't think distorting the music and putting about 20x as much bass as should ever be put into a song is a good way to make original music. That being said, I really do enjoy most dubstep prior to the "drop".

What type of techno is this?

(For the specific song I was listening to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S35THmZD_E )

So yeah - what type of techno is this considered?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Now, I hate Dubstep. I don't think distorting the music and putting about 20x as much bass as should ever be put into a song is a good way to make original music. That being said, I really do enjoy most dubstep prior to the "drop".

What type of techno is this?

(For the specific song I was listening to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S35THmZD_E )

So yeah - what type of techno is this considered?
    ...Dubstep...

Quote Originally Posted by Kathion View Post
    ...Dubstep...
    Hmm.. I don't think I quite made what I'm looking for clear.

Basically if you take the song from 0:00 to ~:59 (the one I linked) and stopped at :59, thus not getting "the drop", that would clearly not be dubstep. I'm asking what *that* would be called.

I like techno, not a huge fan of the over the top bass though.

Hmm.. I don't think I quite made what I'm looking for clear.

Basically if you take the song from 0:00 to ~:59 (the one I linked) and stopped at :59, thus not getting "the drop", that would clearly not be dubstep. I'm asking what *that* would be called.

I like techno, not a huge fan of the over the top bass though.
    Ahh. Well the closest thing I would think of then would be trance, try finding some trance on youtube and see if that's what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathion View Post
    Ahh. Well the closest thing I would think of then would be trance, try finding some trance on youtube and see if that's what you like.
    Hrm =/ Guess I'll have to go with that. Only 11 sub-genres of trance! and 10 subgenres of those 11!

Thanks for the help, though. Off to keep searchen!

well sir saying u dont like dubstep after the drop just means u have no taste in music and your opinion is wrong

15+ Year Old Account
    Check out some Vocal Trance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by finnalblow View Post
    well sir saying u dont like dubstep after the drop just means u have no taste in music and your opinion is wrong
    "Your opinion is wrong"? Really?
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

Hrm =/ Guess I'll have to go with that. Only 11 sub-genres of trance! and 10 subgenres of those 11!

Thanks for the help, though. Off to keep searchen!
    Very trancey, perhaps vocal trance is what you're after. Try getting the lyrics if you can and look it up on lololyrics.com and with any luck it should find it.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Very trancey, perhaps vocal trance is what you're after. Try getting the lyrics if you can and look it up on lololyrics.com and with any luck it should find it.
    Vocal Trance eh? Thanks

and I'm pretty open minded with music, I've liked..pretty much every genre of music. I really like MUSIC. When I hear dubstep though, in general all I hear is bass. That to me is not music. It's all opinions though, to each his own. American Pop, Chinese Pop, and Dubstep are about the only musics I've listened to and just could never manage to enjoy a single song I was given.

In the end - to each his own.

Vocal Trance eh? Thanks

and I'm pretty open minded with music, I've liked..pretty much every genre of music. I really like MUSIC. When I hear dubstep though, in general all I hear is bass. That to me is not music. It's all opinions though, to each his own. American Pop, Chinese Pop, and Dubstep are about the only musics I've listened to and just could never manage to enjoy a single song I was given.

In the end - to each his own.
    Hehe yeah thats me also, I guess I could describe myself as a raver, but I also listen to a broad range of other music. Theres a whole range of awesome sounding techno music out there if you know where to look :P

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Hehe yeah thats me also, I guess I could describe myself as a raver, but I also listen to a broad range of other music. Theres a whole range of awesome sounding techno music out there if you know where to look :P
    I found Dream Trance to be right up my alley. I do rather enjoy the light trance over the heavy stuff. Vocal Trance isn't bad, i'll have to keep poking around in that, thanks for the suggestions guys!

Thats just a break you can find those kind of "epic" moments in loads of different types of EDM, back around 2000-2003 progressive breakbeats would sound alot like it. Have a look at groups like PTM, Way out West, Hybrid.

There is a fantastic mix available online from a party I attend back then, still gives me goosebumps listening to it, it's Sasha back to back with James Zabiela recorded live at Mondaybar in stockholm. It was aired on BBC radio one so loads of rips.

One of the best nights of music I've ever had, it was fucking epic, first Zabiela for 3 hours then Sasha for 3 hours then the two of them spinning B2B.

Check that out I think you might like it.

Video from that night. Watching this brings me right back to it, man oh man... some great memories.

This a slideshow from the party and the uploader has used a part of the mix I mentioend above as soundtrack... so perfect sound quality instead of the disorted sound in the other video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEN4qYk5mic
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2011-12-13 at 06:36 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...