Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I am... the Mousebreaker.

So.

Does anyone know why every mouse I've used since I moved starts hyperclicking in 3-4 months after I buy it? I just thought about it and my 2 year old mouse was only starting to degrade... until I moved here, and then it was worthless. I tolerated it until I started PC gaming again (doing photoshop work with a broken mouse really teaches you a saint's patience, though...) then my three replacements since have all gone to hell in 3-4 months.

I have to use software fixes for hyperclicking and it's getting old and the mice I'm buying aren't cheap. (Logitech MX Revolution, a Microsoft Intellimouse, Logitech G500, now Razer Naga).

I can't figure it out. Maybe it was eating at the computer? No, I did that more in college than here. Maybe my grip has gotten really strong? Possible, but I don't think so. Static, maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    if you play wow, and use photoshop, it has little to do with you, one year of wow alone kills the right click in most mice

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    if you play wow, and use photoshop, it has little to do with you, one year of wow alone kills the right click in most mice
    Cant be, i played wow for more than 3 years and it just broke about 2 months ago, and it was a rather cheap one on top of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try going for the Logitech MX518.

3 years of wow and the click is still like it was bought yesterday.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

got a logitech g500 for over a year now i think, no problems so far

Hyperclicking as in one button press registering as multiple clicks ? I had the same issue with my Razer Copperhear few months ago, but it stopped after I've cleaned it a bit and installed mouse drivers from Razer site.
    If your mouse is clean, then try installing the official drivers, the default ones from OS might be messing up.

It's always my left-click that breaks, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Hyperclicking as in one button press registering as multiple clicks ? I had the same issue with my Razer Copperhear few months ago, but it stopped after I've cleaned it a bit and installed mouse drivers from Razer site.
    If your mouse is clean, then try installing the official drivers, the default ones from OS might be messing up.
    How do you clean it? I tried flashing the official drivers, had no effect. Am currently using a script from AutoHotkey to fix it.

One word, steelseries. I am also the mouse breaker. Logitech and naga i've had serious problems with in months. Months. I've had cheap mice last me ages (for that matter keyboards too) and the one brand that is 'up there' that has lasted is steelseries. I want to get one of their mechanical keyboard but at the price i am hesitant due to it busting out on me when my 10 year old keyboard is still cuttin it.
    That thing that mark twain said about opening your mouth was merely a setback!

I'll have to look into steelseries, I was always warned off of them because they were 'too big', but come to think of it, I thought the N64 controller was the most comfortable controller ever followed by the Xbox 360, so probably not an issue for me.

They got lotsa conveniently placed buttons? Hopefully better placed than the Naga's?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AstralFire View Post
    I'll have to look into steelseries, I was always warned off of them because they were 'too big', but come to think of it, I thought the N64 controller was the most comfortable controller ever followed by the Xbox 360, so probably not an issue for me.

They got lotsa conveniently placed buttons? Hopefully better placed than the Naga's?
    My first WoW Steelseries WOTLK mouse died this weekend after being heavily abused for the last 3 years, R.I.P. C. Sheen. I replaced him with the same model..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohealth View Post
    Cant be, i played wow for more than 3 years and it just broke about 2 months ago, and it was a rather cheap one on top of that.
    have you been playing for 3 years, or have 3 years of gametime, there is a difference, i have 184 days /played on my dk, and it killed my first saitek mouse, the right click is not designed to be as sturdy as the left click in most mice, and wow uses alot of right clicking

back to the OP, if you are killing the left click on mouse after mouse, you may want to look at something you are doing, while there is always a chance that you have had bad luck, you said you have gone through several mice, the only constant is your person, so you may want to look at what you are doing to your mice before you drop ~$100 on another one

I have a Logitech MX310 that I bought ~12 years ago that still works as good as the day I bought it. In the span of that 12 years I've played games with it almost every day including Red Faction, CoD, CS, CS:S, DoD, various Star Wars games, etc. I also recently bought my wife an MX518 about 4 months ago (it's essentially the same thing as the no-longer-sold 310) when we got her a computer, and so far so good (she plays WoW with me).

Not sure what's up with the Revolution you bought, but I hate wireless mice regardless.

But if I had to give you a suggestion, it would be to try the MX518. The original MX series type of mice were really well designed/built and the click mechanism in them from my experience are built like a rock. Only thing is, it's an old school mouse and not wireless... so if you are a wireless lover, then you're out of luck.
    Last edited by apinksquash; 2011-12-12 at 04:25 PM.

That's what I'm trying to figure out, actually. I don't think my grip's gotten any stronger on my mouse than before...

Jedi Shadow, RP-PvP

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Try going for the Logitech MX518.

3 years of wow and the click is still like it was bought yesterday.
    Quoted for truth.
    My Logitech MX518 is 6-7 years old and still functioning well (And all the time I've been gaming WoW)
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Orgrim Doomhammer View Post
    Quoted for truth.
    My Logitech MX518 is 6-7 years old and still functioning well (And all the time I've been gaming WoW)
    The MX518 is what you get if you want a mouse that you wont need to replace. Ever.

I have been playing WoW for six years almost and over the course of ~three mice, none of them have been replaced due to hyperclicking of anything of that sort. They tend to just get dirty to the point in which the scroll wheel gets sticky and I'm too lazy to clean it, which will probably even then end since I use a more expensie mouse now.

Maybe you should try a touchscreen monitor, maybe that will help? ;3

Deleted

ive played for like 3 years now logitech G5 mouse, and the mouse still works fine and looks great for its age.

edit: i had some small laptop mouse for my laptop when i played on that, and that broke after about 2 years, but it was me who broke it, the left click got stuck down, so i tried to unstick it and pulled the whole mouse button off and snapped it

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have been using my razer naga for 2 and a half years now. WoW, Battlefield 3.

Deleted
    Ive never had any of these problems, and I play a lot of games LoL for example, spam click.

Durability of mice is extremely incoherent and random. I've yet to ever break my mouse from use. Either they were faulty in the first place, or a fun event has wrecked it. Most recently my old mouse that I dug up again after previously 4 years of faithful service appeared to have broken its scroll-wheel, which I'm pretty sure must have happened during transport.

It's a bit like cars. Some of them just never seem to require service until their final days arrive, but some need almost weekly replacement parts...