Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

So is everybody having fun?

i am having fun, the IA's story is actually really interesting. i'm not liking the jedi or sith stories they are rather boring.

but uh

yeah my IA is real fun, the companions are really cool, i like how they can skill up on their own and they are really in depth with gear and shit

so far i am really really impressed with bioware. i think because i stopped paying attention and figured this game would suck when it came out i feel really really good about it

how are you guys doing?

the only problem im having is now everyone is playing and i am sitting in a 600 person queue

15+ Year Old Account
    i was till i got hard computer freezes, and so now i cant play for more then 10 minutes without it locking my system up.

the funny thing is, it ran fine the first day i got early access.

I'm loving It so far. I love the companion system, the story, voice acting, lightsabers, and dungeons.
    Waaaay better than WoW.

Yeah, other than queue times (ran an Arathi basin while in queue, when it was over I was in SWTOR)... the game has been stellar so far. absolutely loving it.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. I can't run the game, as I apparently above minimum specs but not amazingly above leaves you with a max of 10 fps.

man that really sucks I'm getting mine Tuesday looks like I won't even be able to play it!

I guess they didn't anticipate the game doing so well.

So if you guys had to guess what will be the number of players in the first month? 3 Million? 4-5 Million?

Quote Originally Posted by nogard64 View Post
    man that really sucks I'm getting mine Tuesday looks like I won't even be able to play it!

So if you guys had to guess what will be the number of players in the first month? 3 Million? 4-5 Million?
    I'd say 3-5 million, worldwide of course. Crazy amount of people.

I might play ToR. But I have no idea how well their endgame is going to play out. As different as WoW raiding has come from its roots, its still not bad. Hopefully ToR provides me with something to do for the other half of the week

very fun! doing some higher level flashpoints right now!

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I'd say 3-5 million, worldwide of course. Crazy amount of people.
    this is a serious question......

then should I not even activate it then? I don't want to start my free 30 days if I won't be able to sign on the first couple weeks, whats the point in that? Wait til things die down? What do you guys think?

well all the servers up right now have queues

some have like queues of 500 or more

and this is just pre-release so holy shit lots of people apparently, i have lots of friends waiting on their early access invites still

Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post
    well all the servers up right now have queues

some have like queues of 500 or more

and this is just pre-release so holy shit lots of people apparently, i have lots of friends waiting on their early access invites still
    epic facepalm, they should have bought a bunch of those OLD wow Blade servers off ebay and plugged those in to run SWTOR LOL!

then should I not even activate it then? I don't want to start my free 30 days if I won't be able to sign on the first couple weeks, whats the point in that? Wait til things die down? What do you guys think?
    Go ahead and activate It when It launches. Yes there will be some queue time waiting, but you won't be waiting for hours. I'd assume It wouldn't be that bad.
    The queue times will die down after a week or so. Roll on a PVE server, they usually have lower populations. I'm on Jekk'Jekk Tarr(PVE) and there's been very short queue's or no queues at all.

I'm having tons of fun with my smuggler who is now a gunslinger. I really do think this game has staying power, I don't think it will kill any other MMO nor would I want it to, but I think it has it's place in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I'm loving It so far. I love the companion system, the story, voice acting, lightsabers, and dungeons.
    Waaaay better than WoW.
    Pretty much this, I played wow for most of its life and lived it till the end of wrath, cata didn't hold me.

But IM having more fun than I remember having when I started wow all those years ago

---------- Post added 2011-12-15 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ImInAJar View Post
    I might play ToR. But I have no idea how well their endgame is going to play out. As different as WoW raiding has come from its roots, its still not bad. Hopefully ToR provides me with something to do for the other half of the week
    If their operations are anything like their flashpoints design wise, it'll be sick. Very alive feeling, boarding shots slamming through the hull, actual mechanics even in the first level 10 flashpoint. Love it

Plus they said they don't want one raid one tier the way wow now is, 2 ops in first tier now, and they're going to patch in more for this tier in the first month according to Dev interview. Sounds like we'll be getting updated more frequently like rift did, just continues content.

---------- Post added 2011-12-16 at 12:00 AM ----------

they have huge server capacity and have not even brought all online, Theres a good chunk of them sitting with very light populations right now

15+ Year Old Account
    No because I still haven't gotten into the game yet. Probably won't until tomorrow and I will be working an 8 hour shift. Also I will be working mostly 7 hour days until Tuesday, so not a lot of playtime over all. Wish I would have gotten early access earlier this week when I had time off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level 31 Bounty Hunter....

My name is Aerro Dynamic, Champion of the Great Hunt. (Yes Dynamic is my Legacy name LOL)

I feel badass. I love this game. Much much better than SWTOR. I would keep playing but I have 10 hours of work tomorrow... I had to literally force myself to log off.

Its already insane amount of people. Many servers are overloaded, most of them full and heavy. Only few are standart and good. They need to add more before launch or everything gonna crash..

I don't think the servers have full capacity capabilities turned on yet, so I expect the wait times to be much lower come tomorrow after maint.
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    i was till i got hard computer freezes, and so now i cant play for more then 10 minutes without it locking my system up.

the funny thing is, it ran fine the first day i got early access.
    Repair your registery, can help alot on sudden freezes.