Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hi guys, do you need a real tank gear to actually kill him, i have only feral gear, and i hit enrage at 40 %....
    Any advice ?
    maybe someone have a record of his down.
    EDIT: I think i found myself i shouldn't kill the raging spirit but shambling do you kill them ?
    Last edited by Shakrane; 2013-05-03 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakrane View Post
    Hi guys, do you need a real tank gear to actually kill him, i have only feral gear, and i hit enrage at 40 %....
    Any advice ?
    maybe someone have a record of his down.
    EDIT: I think i found myself i shouldn't kill the raging spirit but shambling do you kill them ?
    Other than Tier and trinkets, there's no such thing as tanking gear for druids. Tier bonuses don't really help that fight, and we'd pick DPS trinkets anyway.

As far as adds go, never focus them. Just keep doing the single-target rotation to LK constantly. The adds will die to thrash eventually, but you want them up for the vengeance they give.

The fact is i have a lot of mastery and haste,( cause i have RoR) and all these adds they rape me , specially the shambling dealing something like 80 k
    Edit : i have 46% crit.
    Last edited by Shakrane; 2013-05-03 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack View Post
    What sort of gear level do you need to solo Naxx 25? Or atleast military quarter?#

Nvm did it with 464, what about patchwerk though? :d
    Did Patchwerk with my 490 offspec feral gear, it was actually kinda close at one point but as long as you're not being lazy about cooldowns it's easy enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy mode Patchwerk: do Loatheb first, make sure you refresh the spore buff (50% additional crit) just as you kill him, then rush over to Patchwerk while ignoring the trash. If you manage to pull him on the Grobbulus side of the slimes, you should be able to burst him down in one cooldown phase before all the trash reaches you. NV is great for the self-heals, especially with the increased crit. That's how I managed to do Patch 25 on my boomkin in ~520 gear.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You think ToC 25 man would be soloable as Moonkin with 535 ilvl? I want to go in and get the Traitor King achievement.

As far as I know, ToC25 faction champions are unkillable at the moment. Fortunately, you can just kill the first 4 bosses on 10man, zone out, convert to 25, then pull Anubarak and get that achievement. Moderately sure a 535 anything can clear 10N ToC.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah derp, I forgot about shared lockout back then. Why are Faction Champions unkillable?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    As far as I know, ToC25 faction champions are unkillable at the moment. Fortunately, you can just kill the first 4 bosses on 10man, zone out, convert to 25, then pull Anubarak and get that achievement. Moderately sure a 535 anything can clear 10N ToC.
    They're killable if you're willing to wait the 3 hours it takes for the casters to OoM. But yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Oh yeah derp, I forgot about shared lockout back then. Why are Faction Champions unkillable?
    Well, there's a couple reasons. The BIG one is that there are no diminishing returns on the CC's that the champions put out. Another reason is that the heal they put out compared to the DPS required to burst down the adds on 25man is unmanageable. While it used to be possible to just outlast the healer mana (probably still can do it), the time involved soloing would be ridiculously long, since you'll spend a lot of time CC'd and not being able to pressure the healers to use their mana (did it this way on our first 25man kill of the encounter while it was current because of so many deaths... I remember we used Bloodlust 3 times on the fight). The healer adds also will dispel CCs, and all the adds have a built-in PvP trinket mechanic... there was a reason so many people hated the encounter, especially those that didn't PvP at all.

If you need the achievement for this specific encounter on 25man, I'd say you need a group large enough to keep the healers controlled to kill down everything else. Otherwise, just do this encounter on 10man, it's not worth the hassle.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-05-07 at 08:00 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Outta the normal soloing stuff, does anyone know if the tier 15 2 piece feral works for guardians using hotw cat berserk?
    Last edited by Williee; 2013-05-13 at 06:42 AM. Reason: clarified

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    Outta the normal soloing stuff, does anyone know if the tier 15 2 piece works for guardians using hotw cat berserk?
    The feral one?

Yeah, I use it in our raids, nabbed a 2pc feral for "HotW spec"

Assembly of Iron Easy Steelbreaker first makes for an easy fight.
    Tried to do Steelbreaker last (25 man) and it turned out to be easier than I expected. Hardest part was to survive second phase, when Steelbreaker does Fusion Punches while stacking Static Disruption (used most cooldowns there). In last phase, with all damage multipliers, Steelbreaker melted in seconds. Taking as much damage as possible early on also helped.

I solo'd naxx 25 with 442 as guardian. The DPS was the hardest part, and I think lucky procs helped, but 464 should be enough.

Consistently hitting the enrage on H-LK25. 522 ilvl with DPS meta (in my cat helm) and 528 staff. Best attempt has been 18%. I feel like I must being doing something hilariously wrong.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Wojtek/simple

I have full uptime on LK and no issues healing through any of it. Should I unglyph maul to keep adds up longer? Stand in defiles?

Quote Originally Posted by Wojtek View Post
    Consistently hitting the enrage on H-LK25. 522 ilvl with DPS meta (in my cat helm) and 528 staff. Best attempt has been 18%. I feel like I must being doing something hilariously wrong.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Wojtek/simple

I have full uptime on LK and no issues healing through any of it. Should I unglyph maul to keep adds up longer? Stand in defiles?
    Maul glyph should really have no impact, but if you're not having any survival issues, you might as well try taking it off.
    Standing in stuff is free vengeance. I didn't bother much my first kill, but again, if you're not having issues surviving, go for it.

Obvious question would be are you staying on the boss during transitions? Especially the 2nd, since his health drops so much more slowly in phase 3 than the other two, so you really don't want to deal with 30% of his health there. You should only need to watch for orbs that spawn, hit them once with thrash, and just kite them for a bit/hit them with swipe if thrash doesn't crit and 1-shot them.

Finally, dunno if it's just the feral helm doing it, but on your current armory your cloak enchant is useless .

Yeah I'm aware I am over the hit cap with that helm, but I don't think that is going to make the 8m health deficit.

I am staying on him in transitions, but there is a period where I have 0 adds. That's why I think maul could be an issue.

Blowing NV/Berserk/Incarnation on CD too, and keeping up bleeds. I wasn't sure if standing in defile would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wojtek View Post
    Yeah I'm aware I am over the hit cap with that helm, but I don't think that is going to make the 8m health deficit.

I am staying on him in transitions, but there is a period where I have 0 adds. That's why I think maul could be an issue.

Blowing NV/Berserk/Incarnation on CD too, and keeping up bleeds. I wasn't sure if standing in defile would be worth it.
    It is, especially when all adds are dead as that'll be the biggest source of your damage taken between phases.

And now I spent an hour and a half trying again and never made it to the second transition. I'm just taking so much damage coming out of the first transition that I can't get rid of infest. Ideas?

Nature's Vigil + Berserk plus an FR should be able to get you out of practically anything if you have enough vengeance. If you use it fairly quickly into the first phase you should have it back up near the beginning of the transition and holding it for 30s or so to use it for surviving isn't a huge damage loss.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer