Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    I'm stuck on infest after he runs to the middle and casts frost orbs. By that time i have so many adds on me that i cant self heal out of it as Guardian and its impossible to top my self. Seriously looking forward to WoD when soloing isn't such an aids fest.
    Get Heroic T15 2 set. Worth the loss of stats solely for the bonus to Enraged Regen it provides.

(2) Set: Each attack you dodge while Savage Defense is active increases the healing from your next Frenzied Regeneration within 10 sec by 10%, stacking up to 10 times.
    Basically gives us a Vengeance empowered Enraged Regen without needing Vengeance. Back in ToT when I was still soloing 25 Heroic LK for my Invincible that thing would regularly heal me for 350k+ with 40-60 rage.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-05-26 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsin View Post
    Beth'tilac is actually really easy. Get treants and just stay down taunt all the hanging adds ( every treant acts like a taunt so you have like 4 taunts all at the same time). Kill everything on the ground and wait while she comes down. When she does just kill her, nothing hard there. I've soloed her at like 540 ilvl.

Don't ever use dps meta. It gives like 2% of your damage at most for guardian and tanking meta is just too good to pass on. You should have dps cloak for all the fights in the firelands. Do alysrazor before you do baleroc. Stack your buff to max where you get the crit buff, then kill her, then fly straight to baleroc and attack him while you still have the buff.

Majordomo is the last dps check in the instance. If you can kill him you can kill rag. I would say you need about 560 ilvl for majordomo hc and 550 for normal. But I guess It can be done with less. The trick is that you must fight him through enrage regardless of how well you are geared, so you need to plan your cd's right.
    Ah treants of course. Forgot those guys.
    As to the gem I'm not sure why you find the tank one to be "too good to pass on". It's not like survival until berserk is an issue on any fight except majordomo and baleroc (in which case the hit takes you to 10% regardless). I admit I may be overestimating the damage from the gem though.
    For majordomo I agree. Go with full tank gear except the cloak (where you pretty much NEED the dps one). Survival until enrage is what matters, he dies swiftly afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Ah treants of course. Forgot those guys.
    As to the gem I'm not sure why you find the tank one to be "too good to pass on". It's not like survival until berserk is an issue on any fight except majordomo and baleroc (in which case the hit takes you to 10% regardless). I admit I may be overestimating the damage from the gem though.
    For majordomo I agree. Go with full tank gear except the cloak (where you pretty much NEED the dps one). Survival until enrage is what matters, he dies swiftly afterwards.
    I'd have to agree about the meta... while it's not a super amount of damage, you literally don't need the survival. Even the enrages are nothing our normal CD's and abilities can't deal with... although Baleroc enrage + Dev. Blade = almost certain death since he spams it fast, that's still a fight I use the tanking cloak on (nothing annoys me more than getting sub-10% and dying because SD failed me). On heroic Majordomo, I welcome the enrage so the fight becomes less boring... it takes very good gear to beat that fight pre-enrage as a Guardian, anyways.

I'm possibly the only hold-out on heroic Beth'tilac, as I still just kill her up top without ever going down below as Guardian. Although staying down below the entire time takes a lot less gear as well as not having to micromanage the boss HP so she doesn't go down early, so it's probably the easiest when gear is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    I'm stuck on infest after he runs to the middle and casts frost orbs. By that time i have so many adds on me that i cant self heal out of it as Guardian and its impossible to top my self. Seriously looking forward to WoD when soloing isn't such an aids fest.

What kind of gear are you actually using to tank? I know Trubo has given some suggestions to help out, but using SD and FR should make survival a joke. Beating the enrage should be the bigger challenge than survival as Guardian. Although, using Ysera's Gift + T16 4-pc is the only healing I actually need, I was still able to do it prior to having this amount of gear. Push comes to shove, make sure you pool rage so you can use a good-sized FR when he finishes casting Infest.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2014-05-27 at 08:29 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsin View Post
    So recently I got into doing old bosses. And since natures vigil nerf Cho'gal presented quite the challenge.

So I killed him, filmed it, added a short strategy guide in the description box. Hopefully this will help someone.

I have other solo kills as well (sinestra, spine of deathwing) and if there are people interested I could upload them with a short strategy.
    Have a nice day, cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdtaXYZaPe0
    Is there a particular trick to Ultraxion? I can't seem to get him down before Fading Light forces me out of the Twilight Realm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    Is there a particular trick to Ultraxion? I can't seem to get him down before Fading Light forces me out of the Twilight Realm.
    Just click the button before fading light runs out? Am I missing something here?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did that last time and he berserked and wiped the encounter. I presumed this was because no one was actively tanking him, perhaps something glitched...?

Deleted
    I did that last time and he berserked and wiped the encounter. I presumed this was because no one was actively tanking him, perhaps something glitched...?
    He should only do that if you click the button during Hour of Twilight. Clicking it for Fading Light should be fine.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Must have been a timing issue on my part, then. Thanks for the replies, I'll give him another shot this week!

is conclave 10 possible as a feral or guardian now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lantupointo View Post
    is conclave 10 possible as a feral or guardian now?
    Pretty much possible with every class, so i dont see why not

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something is definitely screwy on Ultraxion - I attempted him again several times this week and, each time Fading Light was cast, he put two copies of the debuff on me, about 2-3s apart, so I died no matter what as Heroic Will couldn't save me from both.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Am I doing something wrong and not realising it?

Deleted
    Something is definitely screwy on Ultraxion - I attempted him again several times this week and, each time Fading Light was cast, he put two copies of the debuff on me, about 2-3s apart, so I died no matter what as Heroic Will couldn't save me from both.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Am I doing something wrong and not realising it?
    I solo'd the fight on 3 chars until the mount dropped about a week ago. I never encountered the double debuff thing, so I'm not entirely sure why it was happening.

Do you do anything different to just standing on the spot DPS'ing and using Heroic Will with about 1-2 seconds left on Fading Light? was it definately set to 10 man normal? Not sure if heroic has different mechanics regarding Fading Light.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was definitely set to 10-man normal, I couldn't explain it either. I guess I'll let it reset and try it again later this week.

Ultraxion casts two debuffs on you but you can survive them usually. If they are 3 seconds apart, you can use Heroic Will e.g. 3 second before the first one, then the first Fading Light will break the Heroic Will allowing you to use it on the 2nd one as well.

There is a RNG factor to it when both of the Fading Lights happen at the exact same time and then you can't survive.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I see. Just need to work on timing, then. Thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Ultraxion casts two debuffs on you but you can survive them usually. If they are 3 seconds apart, you can use Heroic Will e.g. 3 second before the first one, then the first Fading Light will break the Heroic Will allowing you to use it on the 2nd one as well.

There is a RNG factor to it when both of the Fading Lights happen at the exact same time and then you can't survive.
    I too have never encountered this. Weird.

He does two fading lights. One that will always cast on his current target, and one that will hit a random non-tank in the group.

I too have never had two debuffs when soloing it, with the obvious reason being that just doesn't happen as guardian .

Is it possible to solo Ultraxion as Balance?

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Is it possible to solo Ultraxion as Balance?
    Yes. It just requires good DPS and some RNG with crits (heals and damage taken.) 570+ gear is advised.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, he seems to cast 2 Fading Lights on you if you're not Guardian specced, so be ready to stagger Heroic Will to counter them both.

On an aside, what sort of gear level would be required to solo him as a Guardian?