Gemming PVP Gear - Strength Stacking or Resilience Stacking?

Quick question - I'm just starting to get into pvp as a fury warrior and am just buying the Season 11 Ruthless stuff with honor.

I've been told that I should match every socket to get every bonus, so...
    Should I go red - strength, yellow - strength/resilience, blue - strength/hit or...
    red - strength/resilence, yellow - resilience, blue - resilience/hit?

Not sure if I should gem for resilience exclusively or focus on strength.

Also, I'd only need minimum 5% hit and 20 expertise considering that everyone's same level, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Red- Str
    Yellow - Str/Res
    Blue - Str/Hit

I've always matched sockets for warriors. If you're over hit cap though you can put a 40str gem in blue sockets and ignore the bonus to gain 10str.

If I'm going fury, I _want_ to be over hit cap. Still have that 19% dualwield penalty for white damage.

if your resil is low (under 3k-ish) i would go resil in yellow and resil/str in red

once you have mostly pvp gear and 3.5k+ resil, you can start dropping resil gems

Quote Originally Posted by jrch5618 View Post
    Quick question - I'm just starting to get into pvp as a fury warrior and am just buying the Season 11 Ruthless stuff with honor.

I've been told that I should match every socket to get every bonus, so...
    Should I go red - strength, yellow - strength/resilience, blue - strength/hit or...
    red - strength/resilence, yellow - resilience, blue - resilience/hit?

Not sure if I should gem for resilience exclusively or focus on strength.

Also, I'd only need minimum 5% hit and 20 expertise considering that everyone's same level, right?
    I'd take all socket bonuses as a warrior. But it depends on your comp, too. If you are going to be the target all the time, consider using 40 Res gems in yellow sockets, otherwise use 20str/20res for these, 40str for red and 20str/20hit for blue.

A little OT here: Have you tried arms warrior? It offers a lot more utility than fury actually. Throwdown is huge, Imp Hamstring is an undispellable controlled root and Bladestorm offers immunity to all kinds of cc. Also you can peel dual melee cleaves pretty nice through damage with Sweeping Strikes.

Fury is just a little too much damage bot without high support for me :/

lol @ fury.. have fun getting trained every game