View Poll Results: So are you having more fun with SW:TOR or WoW and 4.3?

Voters
42. This poll is closed
  • SW:TOR

32 76.19%
  • WoW

1 2.38%
  • Playing both and equally entertaining

9 21.43%
  • Both are lackluster and wont be playing either

0 0%

So is SW:TOR more fun than WoW?

For the people have played both games now, which do you find more enjoyable?

I for one enjoy the questing and storytelling in SW much more than Wow. Overall I'd have to say SW has WoW beat in the lower level departments (only level 20 atm on SW). The two things WoW does have the advantage on SW so far is the lack of UI customization and the GTN (auction house) interface.

Deleted
    My personal oppinion is YES! 1000 times better then wow. The story is amazing and so is the gameplay difficulty is high no spoon feeding!

This thread won't end well.

The game as a whole is really good. But here is my problem that I realized last night after hitting level 20 for the second time and got me a little angry and frustrated. Every single quest is either go collect this or go kill that. Now BioWare has done a great job by taking allot of things that worked from other mmo's and implemented them well in this game. The story line is great, but the fact that every quest is the exact same thing over and over is frustrating. I get to a new planet and speak to some guy, hes like, "there's bad guys that are suppressing us, please go kill", then a couple steps forward, "were low on supplies" please go collect, or "were missing people, please go see where they are". It is getting very old very fast. What im doing now is doing my main class story quests then doing either flashpoints or warzones while i quest just so I can get through a planets "suggested levels" faster.

/rant off

Deleted
    I currently play both (hi annual pass).

Dispite SWTOR having almost the same gameplay as WOW, to me, it still plays quite differently.

WoW looks like it has way more things to do, after you are done levelling.

SWTOR has an amazing levelling experience and the Flashpoints are much better designed than Dungeons. Also combat looks way more immersive, but can still be a little unresponsive. The bigbigbig plus is no retardedly dungeonfinder that devolves a community into zombies (exaggeration to make a point) to which I sadly belong in WoW. I really liked I talked to people in dungeons again (in a friendly and nice manner).

to PotatoCoffee: I think the difficulty has more to do with people not knowing their class and the absence of overpowered gear (heirlooms).

10+ Year Old Account
    The Burning Crusade > SW:TOR > Wrath of the Lich King > Cataclysm (didn't really do a lot in vanilla WoW).

In my humble opinion, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    The Burning Crusade > SW:TOR > Wrath of the Lich King > Cataclysm (didn't really do a lot in vanilla WoW).

In my humble opinion, of course.
    This is exactly right, IMO aswell. It's not better than "good WoW" but just about anything can be better then current WoW.

SWTOR feels very vanilla and needs alot of work; camera has few options, when you play with others in the same room the audio is way off and the quest dialouge becomes an echo, mobs are too easy to kill and I'm above specs but I can't find an FPS option to help fine tune graphics.

It's the best MMO I have played since early WoW, for sure and will stick with it for a while.

I've only played the Weekend Beta, but so far most was very much the same as in WoW. The combat system isn't quite bad.
    We will have to wait and see how it plays out in the long run, AoC had very a good start too, but we all now how it ended...

SWTOR will surely get new people to play that have never played an mmorpg, but how it will effect WoW is another question.

I have been tired of WoW for a long time, so this is an unbiased opinion, I do in no way favor wow, and was wishing for ToR to be my replacement for wow, but I still found ToR to be worse than wow.

The combat system feels unresponsive and disconnected to me, I was planning on quitting wow the instant ToR came out but the beta ruined it for me, they just chose a weird style where everytime you press a skill it goes into several seconds of animation, instead of things happening more instantly like in WoW, totally ruins immersion for me, unfortunately, as I was really looking to finally get rid of WoW.

As silly as it may sound I want to feel like I "Am" my character, not that I am playing a computer game, and ToR just feels disconnected in a way that WoW doesn't.

The graphics are also incredibly boring, WoW's graphics look richer despite being like 10 years older, they really didn't do much with what they had.
    Last edited by Goreskull; 2011-12-20 at 12:11 PM.

Can only agree with Goreskull in every point he made - except that I will make it to endgame..

However, I still wouched for SWTOR to be more fun - simply because the setting and story line is so much more entertaining.

To the ones who said SWTOR requires skill.. havent seen that yet^^
    Can still carry a clueless party through Mandalorian Raiders on my merc healer.. but thats ofc. not highlevel play...

Deleted
    I'm not playing SW:TOR, however i'm pretty sure I was playing it I would have more fun. Mainly because it's something new and fresh. Nothing quiet beats playing a new MMO with a bunch for friends. A fresh start. If I would compare it to playing WoW the first couple of days... It would probably be a tie. I'm not playing because I don't think SW:TOR has much more to offer than WoW, it looks like an awesome game but nothing ground-breaking. If I get really bored with WoW I might give it a chance, but sci-fi rpgs aren't really my cup of tea. I reckon it's a little early to have a poll like this, people need more time before they can properly answer this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really call any game "more fun", I had fun playing wow while it lasted, bored of it now after just playing it too much.

Will only play SWTOR, but I can't really say it's "more fun" overall.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Please do not make more WoW vs SWTOR threads.