10+ Year Old Account

I have a question about KotOR 2

So, I just beat KotOR 1 (great game) and I decided with the steam sale going on I'd pick up the second one. 2 seconds in and it says all of the Jedi are dead, except for me!? What!?

****************************************************************************************** *********************

KOTOR 1 SPOILERS

****************************************************************************************** *********************

So, in the first KotOR I played as a light side jedi... destroyed Malak and saved the galaxy.... now I know that KotOR 2 takes 5 years after KotOR 1, but I know how at least 5 jedi that were still alive after KotOR 1. Revan, Bastila, Juhali, Jolee, and Vandar. Now I'm not entirely sure how the dark side ended, but I'd assume that only Bastila would die (if you decided to kill her). So, that leaves 4 jedi. If I was being generous, I would accept that Vandar and Jolee died of old age, but that still leaves Revan and Juhali (I think that's her name).

So, did something really fucked up happen in the dark side ending where errybody dead? Or will it explain it in the story... because as of now I'm pretty confused.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2011-12-27 at 07:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is MMO champ.

Solo Celler Dweller champ is thataway ---->

~ User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2011-12-27 at 07:29 AM.

Ignore Jex, who is angry because he has not played these games.

Play the game and find out. Your questions will be answered.

What it comes down to is that they where murdered by a the remnants of the Sith that formed a new faction and had some new ways of killing them.

And you aren't last of the jedi, there are way more but most of them are hiding and you will look for a few of those.

And I don't know how it works with Steam but if you can't use modes then don't bother playing it on steam. KOTOR 2 is half finished and it really shows, they have done a really bad job of cutting out the content wich they couldn't finish and the first time you play it you ask yourself ''was that it''...why didn't I do XXX or didn't go further on XXX.

Their are some modes that restored some of the cut content which also restores some of the missing dialogues

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    What it comes down to is that they where murdered by a the remnants of the Sith that formed a new faction and had some new ways of killing them.

And you aren't last of the jedi, there are way more but most of them are hiding and you will look for a few of those.

And I don't know how it works with Steam but if you can't use modes then don't bother playing it on steam. KOTOR 2 is half finished and it really shows, they have done a really bad job of cutting out the content wich they couldn't finish and the first time you play it you ask yourself ''was that it''...why didn't I do XXX or didn't go further on XXX.

Their are some modes that restored some of the cut content which also restores some of the missing dialogues
    Yeh def check the playermade content on filefront and such i remember a friend telling me about whole planets not put into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Ignore Jex, who is angry because he has not played these games.

Play the game and find out. Your questions will be answered.
    Quite the opposite good sir, Im angry because I in fact paid release prices for both these duds and the OP would be better off asking lore questions of this nature on a much better suited site. Also I wouldn't have to be reminded of the cash and hours I will never see again thanks to my blind devotion to the SW franchise.

Merry Christmas Ho Ho Ho!!

If you didn't like either, you must really despise RPGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    If you didn't like either, you must really despise RPGs.
    On console, that's affirmative.

Quote Originally Posted by jex1138 View Post
    Quite the opposite good sir, Im angry because I in fact paid release prices for both these duds and the OP would be better off asking lore questions of this nature on a much better suited site. Also I wouldn't have to be reminded of the cash and hours I will never see again thanks to my blind devotion to the SW franchise.

Merry Christmas Ho Ho Ho!!
    He is in the video game forums. We talk about many video games here. I find Battlefield 3 and MW3 much 'further' from MMO's than KOTOR, and yet I don't see you with a sign protesting those threads being around?

PS - Kotor 1 and 2 were both quite fun games.

Shootandkill, don't worry, your questions will be answered if you play through the game. If you really wish to know, I could tell you, but it'd probably be more fun if you figured it out for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok good to now that my questions will be answered. Also, how should I go about getting these player made DLC? Oh 1 more thing... Jex... shoo troll don't bother me :P

15+ Year Old Account
    If you go with the book (since BW doesn't consider Kotor II to be canon exactly) they all survived. When Revan wants to find his past he decides to not take Jolee and Juhali with him and leaves Bastila behind because she's pregnant