View Poll Results: Would you play vanilla if blizzard brought it back?

Voters
99. This poll is closed
  • Yes

22 22.22%
  • No

77 77.78%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. Absolutely not. Vanilla was fun only because it was new. Very unbalanced and exhaustingly grindy.

Only thing that I would like to take from Vanilla and include into todays wow would be the old AV.

No, the only good thing about vanilla WoW, as compared to the game today, was that it was all new. It is just revisionist history that claims the game was so much better back then.

Vanilla was only about the nostalgia, that's it.

I don't want to be the shaman that's told she needs to be the mana battery for that priest held up on a pedestal.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

and after max a month you'd all want to quit/go back to cata servers.
    it was unbalanced as hell, content will be down in the first weeks etc.

Deleted
    Both yes and no, people will play it for old memories sake, then after they realize that maybe memories should stay untouched they return to the present day expansion.
    For me? No, simply because i have no issues with the current expansion, i have no problem with LFR or LFD. So going back to tbc or vanilla servers would only mean less mechanics and older gameplay. For me.

Deleted
    I would love to try what I never experienced before. Stuff like 10man "5mans", 40man raids, PvP without resilience, no flying mounts, no LFD, no LFR, expensive mounts.

I am not saying I would play there until the end of days, I probably wouldn't even maximize anything, just lvl up, do what I gotta do to gear up, clear all raids and move on.

And it's not like this would be a problem for Blizzard, simply use some latest Vanilla patch (1.12 or so) and put it up - no maintenances or anything. Blizzard has shitton of servers where certainly is some free capacity and bandwith considering that less than 1.1mil people play now in comparison with year ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Certainly not.

There has been added way too much interesting content since vanilla for me to be able to go back, even though I enjoyed it back when it was live.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulthor View Post
    Leveling alone took longer than that... you'd be occupied for a while.
    Now that is a line if I ever heard one. I started in the game just a few months after BC was released, and it only took me, completely by myself, less than a month to go from 1 to 70... So NO, leveling in Vanilla did not take longer than a month unless you spent most of the time just standing around in IF or SW doing almost nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    These threads always seem to attract a specific type of people. Funny that way.
    well it doesn't help that this exact thread comes up once a week they get a lot of oportunites

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has made their stance against Classic Servers quite clear. We see a lot of threads about this on a regular basis; there is no constructive discussion regarding them to be had