Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sorry, Still havent picked up SWTOR, What is slicing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sickoz View Post
    Sorry, Still havent picked up SWTOR, What is slicing?
    Basically hacking into safes and such.

Obviously the email must have been hand typed by one of their CRMs that are less than intelligent, considering he spelled 'Ilum' wrong. lol.

Edit for removing douchebag comment.

It's such an easy fix without banning or suspending ....In wow they just put high level mobs next to most anything like nodes ....so low level toons can't get to anything without hacking . Think its pretty messed up to suspend someone for a mistake they made .

Quote Originally Posted by Eliandal View Post
    There's always more to these stories than meets the eyes....

Of course, don't expect the bandwaggoners to actually check what may have happened before jumping aboard the bashwaggon.
    This right here. The whole reason this thread was made was to troll, yet again. People just love attacking anything that isn't WoW. Blood in the water, really.

That said, I can see how this is an exploit simply because if people are allowed to slice things on Ilum without having to level up Slicing to the designated level to begin with, that is a clear exploit.

To those who like to jump the gun, can you in WoW rush and mine high level ore while still level 1? No, you have to level it up to that point first, and I could be wrong in this, but I believe they even placed restrictions to prevent people from getting skill levels capped at lower levels.

So before we have more idiots rushing in and acting as if this is the whole story right here, think before you type. Clearly more is going on than what you see. The only evident thing is that this thread is here as bad press and nothing more.

Not to mention to gratuitous amount of typos in this e-mail.. That is also a dead ringer that something may even be fishy.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2012-01-01 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Fixed spelling, added things

I don't understand... If they didn't want people going to higher level areas to do stuff like that don't make it accessible to them via their ship. That is seriously fucked up if its a permanent ban, or even more than just a day or 2.

If this is anyone's fault, its Biowares, not the players. Even if they gave "warnings".

I never take playing WoW for granted after seeing threads like this. Those players really shouldn't have such severe action taken against them just for going and exploring in higher level zones, regardless if they loot something or not I mean that sort of thing just put them out of $60 + any subscription they payed for !!! Unreal.
    Last edited by Ashkore11; 2012-01-01 at 07:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rofltroll View Post
    Hahahaha now I'm even more glad I gave up that game already.
    More like you never started.

Man I better not go to Twilight Highlands when im level 80 i might get banned.................Oh wait no i won't

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont really understand why they chose such a severe response. Its like people powerleveling Herbalism or Mining in higher level zones...

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    This right here. The whole reason this thread was made was to troll, yet again. People just love attacking anything that isn't WoW. Blood in the water, really.

That said, I can see how this is an exploit simply because if people are allowed to slice things on Ilum without having to level up Slicing to the designated level to begin with, that is a clear exploit.

To those who like to jump the gun, can you in WoW rush and mine high level ore while still level 1? No, you have to level it up to that point first, and I could be wrong in this, but I believe they even placed restrictions to prevent people from getting skill levels capped at lower levels.

So before we have more idiots rushing in and acting as if this is the whole story right here, think before you type. Clearly more is going on than what you see. The only evident thing is that this thread is here as bad press and nothing more.

Not to mention to gratuitous amount of typos in this e-mail.. That is also a dead ringer that something may even be fishy.
    Just to point out you jumping the gun, he was banned for entering a zone while below the recommended zone level, and utilizing trade skills. He more than likely had the appropriate Slicing skill, but was level 39 or 40 or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by rofltroll View Post
    Hahahaha now I'm even more glad I gave up that game already.
    Replace "gave up" with "never bothered to try" and remove "already" and that's me right there.

Bioware... The fuck you doing?!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by hologram View Post
    Just to point out you jumping the gun, he was banned for entering a zone while below the recommended zone level, and utilizing trade skills. He more than likely had the appropriate Slicing skill, but was level 39 or 40 or whatever.
    And in the thread, he wasn't banned for entering the zone, he was banned for slicing. I'm not a expert on trade skills of any game, but it is entirely possible there is a bug out there that enables people to slice things much higher than their proper level. Again I repeat myself, typos in the e-mail aside, there is more to this story than what you see.

So again I say, who is jumping the gun? The people who remain level headed and wait this out to see the truth? Or the tools who rush in, guffaw for a bit on their pedestals, then leave thinking they accomplished something of great import.

Matter of fact, why does this anger anyone to begin with? Why does this matter? So long as you aren't leveling trade skills in these areas, you are safe from harm. Why does this affect anyone here? Explore all you want, kill whatever with a friend, just don't level a trade skill.

Where is the real issue here?
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2012-01-01 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    It's such an easy fix without banning or suspending ....In wow they just put high level mobs next to most anything like nodes ....so low level toons can't get to anything without hacking . Think its pretty messed up to suspend someone for a mistake they made .
    A PvP only zone full of mobs would be retarded, the chests are there so level 50 slicers are supposed to want to go gathering there, thus creating world PvP, just like in Outlaws Den.
    But sure, they should have made level 50 a requirement for entering the zone.

And it's probably fake anyways, this has been discussed A LOT but there's just a single screenshot as proof from one single random person on reddit so it's just retarded to blindly believe it unless more people report the same.
    If they did actually ban for this there would be a lot more because of how many that did this. (I also know a few who did it, and nothing at all has happened.)

Also, they have actually temporarily disabled the chest spawns.
    Last edited by Ighox; 2012-01-01 at 08:23 AM.

Bioware contradicts themselves in their own message. They say the 'recommended' level is not 40...since when is a 'recommendation' a law? Seems like extremely lazy programming, rather than write code to block low levels from the zone they just write a sentence in the TOS.

Seems odd to me..im playing swtor atm, and this is the first word I have ever seen of this. Not to say it isnt true, and if it is, that is pretty weird and messed up on Biowares part. Considering I lvled slicing to 300 by lvl 25. But I did this via missions.

I think the reason for this would be that the person is able to bypass the 1.5k credits per mission, and wait time, to make pure profit. I have HARDLY seen any safes in areas w/o mobs, and if there are mobs, there is more than 1 and you cannot just CC them and slice the box.

Either way, not game breaking for me. I never even THOUGHT to try this, and ill chalk it down to "Clever use of in game mechanics" on their part.

BTW im lvl 43 and have stopped doing slicing missions because they just don't net enough credits to justify the wait time and credits to run the missions. I think the credits to do the missions were supposed to be a blockade to lover lvls doing just this. Clever people will be clever.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the circumstances but frankly if its in the ToS "May not enter levels above your own level" or something along those lines.
    And bioware has an active thing in place to prevent this (Don't know, haven't played Swotor yet) so that players who want to go to a 40 zone at 35 have to do something specific and glitchy in order to get there, then the ban is 100% legit and fair. Don't glitch shit and you won't be banned, that's fairly simple.

If on the other hand either of those things are not done then the ban is unfair and bioware suck.

Since most of you seem to be missing the obvious, I just want you to go back and read the entire first post. Especially the email...hint hint.

@OP Excellent troll. 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by hologram View Post
    Not to be an ass, but I'm drunk and belligerent. While I agree with you, if this email is real, then there are some serious problems about to go down at SWTOR HQ.
    No doubt. I have severe doubts about the claim here, but I'm also not outright doubting its possibility. If real, I suppose I want to believe that this is merely a bug taken to the extremes by the player community, and when action was taken, the community rose against Bioware to white knight the offender.

That is just my take on it if it is real though. By all means, I could very well be wrong, but it seems likely.

To the above poster, this too. OP is clearly rollin' and trollin', but the validity of the claim is still under dispute.

It still does look very fake though, as the SWTOR forums are little better than the WoW forums. They may even be worse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by svalbard View Post
    Since most of you seem to be missing the obvious, I just want you to go back and read the entire first post. Especially the email...hint hint.

@OP Excellent troll. 10/10
    Ilum was misspelled which would make anyone suspicious, but ive had WoW GM's misspell zone names in tickets all the time, so eh.