Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not to mention the British/Australian (I think?) spelling of "familiarize", while the email links to the US page, as well as some very poor punctuation...amongst other obvious signs.
    Last edited by svalbard; 2012-01-01 at 08:06 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    very good troll attempt now go on back to wow im sure your lfr group needs you to do 10k dps so they can 1 shot every boss

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTd1m...6dALTvom0AABAA

Sorry, but I seriously doubt someone was banned merely for slicing on Illum. I'd bet good money they were engaging in the activties that the creator of this video put a stop to.

For those that don't understand what the other players in this video are doing, they're using a low level alt on the opposing faction to capture PvP points, and then recapturing them on their mains in order to reap their rewards, essentially for doing nothing. Basically, they're exploiting the lack of max level players there.

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    No doubt. I have severe doubts about the claim here, but I'm also not outright doubting its possibility. If real, I suppose I want to believe that this is merely a bug taken to the extremes by the player community, and when action was taken, the community rose against Bioware to white knight the offender.

That is just my take on it if it is real though. By all means, I could very well be wrong, but it seems likely.

To the above poster, this too. OP is clearly rollin' and trollin', but the validity of the claim is still under dispute.

It still does look very fake though, as the SWTOR forums are little better than the WoW forums. They may even be worse.
    people may have been banned for using a low level alts to flip the zone thusly:

and the resultant calm is possibly a butt hurt response to bad mouth the game adopted with glee by the "swtor must die" crowd.

that CM post by Zilrota on the front page doesn't actually exist (unless both i and several swtor dev trackers have seriously screwed up for example http://www.darthhater.com/devtracker.../18371-zilrota & http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php) and the given link underneath it most people won't click does not lead to it.
    Last edited by sleekit; 2012-01-01 at 08:22 AM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Snip
    wow....and i have to wait till March to play the fucking game? hell if shit like this is happening all the time, id rather stick to WoW/Sims/PS3/Xbox etc etc
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    wow....and i have to wait till March to play the fucking game? hell if shit like this is happening all the time, id rather stick to WoW/Sims/PS3/Xbox etc etc
    Why dont you just buy it from Amazon?

Fake email is fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the third time today this has been discussed. It is fake. Move along.

Deleted
    Now that's flawed game design if anything.

Surprised no one mention that low level people in high level zones often end up being bots. I remember seeing a lot of level 10-20 bots farming Wintergrasp and Sholazar Basin back in WotLK. How are we to know these lower level players in Ilum aren't botting already? I've already seen credit sellers spamming general and sending me letters in game. I'm sure there are other bots out already, too. I've caught a level 29-30 character on Corellia already. He was 29 when I got there at level 49 and 30 when I left at level 50. Highly suspicious when bots are so prevailent in games like WoW, etc. So Bioware's likely erring on the side of caution. Stick to your level zone while leveling and you won't have an issue. You want to level your profession higher, use crew missions instead or just wait until you reach the next zone to level it further. If you were in a zone higher than your level range and you weren't botting, then appeal to customer service.

Simply, Bioware probably assumed you were botting.

There's often more to these ban stories than people are willing to admit. I can't say I take any of them by their word, especially with the botting community that exists.

Deleted
    Well actually.... its a 50 zone... what the fuck does a lowbob there?
    Can only be a China Farmer, so go ahead Bioware...

BAN EM ALL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    This is the third time today this has been discussed. It is fake. Move along.
    I got banned for 72 hours on Friday so yeah man this is so fake. Also i have a friend who got a Warning email.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Right, because you know this how?
    Because BioWare knows how to spell their own planets? Of course this is fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezlin View Post
    I got banned for 72 hours on Friday so yeah man this is so fake. Also i have a friend who got a Warning email.
    I have a friend that got banned for saying "pony" in-game. I also have a friend that has a GM buddy that gives him free loot and credits.

Hey look! I can make stuff up, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    See in that email where is says "by ignoring these warnings, the account showed intent to exploit the game" So these people have been warned and are now banned as they did not listen... problem?

Once you get your ship about 16, 17 level you can travel anywhere. I had my Slicing at 400 when I was 13, you just do missions, this is not an exploit, it is apart of the game. Why would it be an exploit to travel to an area above your level. Even the Developers said you could go to higher levels in different interviews before the game was released. You can explore, thats the fun part of a new game.

In WoW, I used to fish in Stranglethorn Vale when I was in my mid teens, it was exhilarating, the most fun I had playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    This right here. The whole reason this thread was made was to troll, yet again. People just love attacking anything that isn't WoW. Blood in the water, really.

That said, I can see how this is an exploit simply because if people are allowed to slice things on Ilum without having to level up Slicing to the designated level to begin with, that is a clear exploit.

To those who like to jump the gun, can you in WoW rush and mine high level ore while still level 1? No, you have to level it up to that point first, and I could be wrong in this, but I believe they even placed restrictions to prevent people from getting skill levels capped at lower levels.

So before we have more idiots rushing in and acting as if this is the whole story right here, think before you type. Clearly more is going on than what you see. The only evident thing is that this thread is here as bad press and nothing more.

Not to mention to gratuitous amount of typos in this e-mail.. That is also a dead ringer that something may even be fishy.
    Lol you couldnt have it more backwards.... WoW is the primary target for any and all internet bashing, not the other way around. What WoW does to prevent low levels gathering from nodes that are to high for them is by implementing max profession levels based on character level. SWOTR just suspends people. Which system is better? The only thing that is left out of this conversation that could make Bioware seem any less stupid for this decision would be if there was a warning made to the person in-game before the ban and the person continued to do it.

EDIT: And looks like they were warned, so that gives Bioware SOME credit... but seriously. Put level caps on the professions based on character level instead.
    Last edited by Vongimi; 2012-01-01 at 08:52 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I have a friend that got banned for saying "pony" in-game. I also have a friend that has a GM buddy that gives him free loot and credits.

Hey look! I can make stuff up, too.
    Id link a nice SS of my email as well so you could stop being so ignorant but i seems i do not have enough posts

10+ Year Old Account
    How did people fall for this? The planet is Ilum... not Illum. It's a fake e-mail. Just stop with this crap. Only reason people are getting banned right now is zone trading with alts or doing it with the other faction. Win/Valor trading isn't allowed and has never been allowed in any other game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Bioware contradicts themselves in their own message. They say the 'recommended' level is not 40...since when is a 'recommendation' a law? Seems like extremely lazy programming, rather than write code to block low levels from the zone they just write a sentence in the TOS.
    Are most of you people really that gullable that you believe everything on the internet even though it has already been stated about 10 times that this email is fake (Certainly someone who works for BioWare knows how to spell Ilum just for a start) or do you feel cool to jump on the SW:TOR hate bandwagon because you think your precious WoW is in danger of losing subs?