Crew Skill for Jedi Sentinel

I started leveling a jedi knight, and decided to go Sentinel advanced class. I'm considering either Artifice or Cybertech for the sentinel. Originally, i was set on going artifice, since a sentinel wields two lightsabers and hence could use the crafting skill more. However, i'm also interested in Cybertech for two reasons:

1. Grenades = extra (aoe) CC that jedi sentinel severely lacks. I love grenades on my trooper, and it's definitely a fun skill to have.
    2. My T1 companion - I'm actually enjoying the company of this astromech and having its gear updated isn't essential but a nice bonus while leveling.

Can anyone see some other benefits of having Artifice skill than being able to make some color crystals for lightsabers? Are there many different colors added later on as you level? I guess being able to craft "hilts" is actually a quite nice bonus, since you can keep your both weapons upgraded.

Also, how do you find cybertech to be? Anybody having fun with / in love with grenades yet? Perhaps the extra ability to CC/stun is too good to pass up.. and hence my predicament here lol

Artifice can also make a few lightsabers, which you may get more out of as a dual wielder.

You'll be getting little help from artifice while you level, I'm 43 sentinel and maybe used 2 or 3 mods (i'm 360ish artifice) and nothing else but from the 50 sentinel in my guild says max lvl stuff is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cybertech is an awesome skill to learn. If you like orange-item gear where you only have to worry about changing out the mods/armoring, then this is the way to go.

"History does not allow freedom to be defended by the weak and the timid." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1953