Poll: Which profession are You going?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Norn female elementalist ftw
    Be patience I am dyslexic..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I'm wondering why the Ranger is on the last place (there needs to be a last place, but still) is it because the concept of the old nature guy/girl + pet is getting old?

Perhaps, but I think the Ranger is a master in control and support, the very first class I played in the Demo was the Ranger and I was surprised how quickly the Ranger plays. Unlike GW1, your pet in GW2 isn't just a walking smash dummy on paws, they have their own skills as well. But I think that the basic concept is being used so much that people discard it quicker than other classes, even though GW2 takes it on a different level. We're all going to try one though, that's for sure
    I personally LOVE the theme of ranger, however, i just don't feel ranger is enough nature for me, it seems it's more of an archer with a pet then like an actual naturey prof, but that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with the Ranger is the reveal was very vague in details, pets have had terribly buggy AI in demos and there hasn't been any follow up since then. The info we have is sketchy and very old at this point, so really unless you are a fan of the theme and don't care much about the actual mechanics you aren't likely to think much of the ranger. Until we get info from the beta or ANet as to what the current state of the ranger is, I don't expect much popularity at all frankly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I just wish Asura Rangers could have a Golem pet.
    The whole nature/animal class concept has never interested me, but giant robot companion? Hell yeah!

What makes it annoying too, is that all races except Asura have a unique starter pet available .
    Maybe not a golem but a mechanical dog or so would make sense. Charr get scorpions and Sylvari even get plant dogs so while I do not support Asura rights, I do think they should get something in that style. Golem would make me think more of an engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    The problem with the Ranger is the reveal was very vague in details, pets have had terribly buggy AI in demos and there hasn't been any follow up since then. The info we have is sketchy and very old at this point, so really unless you are a fan of the theme and don't care much about the actual mechanics you aren't likely to think much of the ranger. Until we get info from the beta or ANet as to what the current state of the ranger is, I don't expect much popularity at all frankly.
    They said they would revamp the AI of the pets, but we don't know if that happened or what it looks like now.

Deleted
    Weird how Eles have usually been only behind the currently most hyped class and are now second last on the poll.

Well, I'll still be going Ele first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Maybe not a golem but a mechanical dog or so would make sense. Charr get scorpions and Sylvari even get plant dogs so while I do not support Asura rights, I do think they should get something in that style. Golem would make me think more of an engineer.
    Not really. Golems aren't unique to any part of Asuran society, they're part of everyday life for all Asura. I remember one example they gave of an Asuran farmer, who does his job by putting on special gloves and waving his hands around to command the Golems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Golems aren't unique to any part of Asuran society, they're part of everyday life for all Asura. I remember one example they gave of an Asuran farmer, who does his job by putting on special gloves and waving his hands around to command the Golems.
    Or they do this....

Dear Hey Bookah,

Grawl keep eating all my cabbage crops! I didn’t know they even liked cabbage. What can I do to keep these things out of my yard?

Sincerely,
    Hungry in Hoelbrak

Hey Hungry Bookah!

I’d recommend scattering land mines randomly throughout the field and mounting automatic flame protectors with motion-sensitive hair triggers at all corners.
    Then spray the remains with a virulent plague virus.
    Oh, you want to eat the cabbages yourself? Do I have to think of everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

That's f*^&%ing awesome ;_;

I thought we got the big, silly Bookahs to farm and carry things and such? o.0
    Well, I suppose Golems are mechanical bookahs

Deleted
    Every poll like this looks so different. And I still believe that probably about 50% of the people who are going to play GW2 for sure, cannot decide which class they want to play as of yet. Even if they do a lot of them will change main char because they found something on another profession that suits them better. Who knows....

As of yet, still staying with the necromancer. I like that dark theme and those greenish/black spells. Love the pets and thier function, the life steeling, the shroud, the lich form and so on. With which weapon I don't really know yet. Have to try them all out myself in game. Most definitely not going with the melee weapon (axe) as I don't really like the idea of a melee caster. That's one reason why I backed off of the mesmer, even though I'm still curious about the class as we have not seen a lot of the spells and hardly nothing of the gameplay.

Was going to start as a ranger.. but I haven't been hearing the best things about them, unfortunately.
    I'm going to start with a mesmer and a warrior, not sure which I will end up preferring.
    I'll still make a ranger for nostalgia and all that junk, but it will probably be the third toon I level.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Was going to start as a ranger.. but I haven't been hearing the best things about them, unfortunately.
    What have you been hearing? O.o

15+ Year Old Account
    Ranger of Thief. Skyrim made me fall in love with it. One of those (or both!) will be my main. Engineer shall be my 3rd, really want to try that out.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    What have you been hearing? O.o
    I just heard that in the beta build that was playable as a demo at events and junk had their pet's dying REALLY easily and just not being helpful in the slightest in PvP. Their pets, that is, but a pet is a pretty major part of a ranger. :P
    I'm sure it will all be sorted out when the actual game comes out, but for now I'm leaning more towards mesmer or warrior.

I just heard that in the beta build that was playable as a demo at events and junk had their pet's dying REALLY easily and just not being helpful in the slightest in PvP. Their pets, that is, but a pet is a pretty major part of a ranger. :P
    I'm sure it will all be sorted out when the actual game comes out, but for now I'm leaning more towards mesmer or warrior.
    I could ALMOST guarantee any problems fixed by the end of Open Beta. We're talking about ANet here :P

Probably ranger, it's good to have your personal tank with you I will also try thief and engineer, as all of those can utilize range combat. I like stealth and having a chance to decide how to fight: from melee or from range (I usually prefer range combat to avoid incoming damage as much as possible).

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    I could ALMOST guarantee any problems fixed by the end of Open Beta. We're talking about ANet here :P
    I don't doubt that it won't be in a balance issue, I'm just hoping they conclusion they come to is not to make your pet less useful in PvP so it doesn't matter when people focus it down in a couple seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    Probably ranger, it's good to have your personal tank with you I will also try thief and engineer, as all of those can utilize range combat. I like stealth and having a chance to decide how to fight: from melee or from range (I usually prefer range combat to avoid incoming damage as much as possible).
    All of the melee have the option to fight from range, and I THINK all of the ranged have the option to fight from melee, but don't quote me on that. If they don't, I'm pretty sure they have weapons for like.. closer ranged combat, while still being ranged. I know for sure one of the weapons gives the necro spells with less range.

I just wish Asura Rangers could have a Golem pet.
    The whole nature/animal class concept has never interested me, but giant robot companion? Hell yeah!

What makes it annoying too, is that all races except Asura have a unique starter pet available .

Demo's be demo's yo. I'd see them start with some spider, since they start in the Maguuma.

I don't doubt that it won't be in a balance issue, I'm just hoping they conclusion they come to is not to make your pet less useful in PvP so it doesn't matter when people focus it down in a couple seconds.
    I'll just compare with WoW because I've played it for about 4 years. I am pretty sure that if hunter's pets get killed, they become pretty gimped.

I don't PvP to be honest, but my mates do, so I see your concern

Necromancer since I've never really played a caster that wasn't a healer so I'd like to give it ago.. also the undead minion things are kinnda cute :3