Thread: Nuclear bomb

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    In the eyes of the law, you would've murdered thousands. You'd get sentanced for that.

Remember that part where we talked about how people often blow a lot of hot air on forums and in reality are capable of very little?
    I promise you, you wouldn't be able to kill even a murderer if he was there to look you in the eye. The moral decision of killing someone is massive.
    Honestly I'm not sure. If I feel my life is in peril, or someone I love, I feel I'd have no problem pulling the trigger. Now, I can't say I know 100% for sure I would, but I place those I care for very highly, and threatening them will... and has... led to violence. (Not on the level of severely hurting someone though)

Deleted
    If there was no way to disable the bomb/evacuation, I might consider allowing it. But also depends on the facts, I won't sacrifice 10 children to save 1000 people of 85 years old or so. That's just a rational decision, or at least it should be, based on the theory of the "lesser evil".

Doing it, that's probably something I wouldn't be able to do. I don't have the stomach I think.

It's a difference between morality and ethics. Ethically you'd be obligated to stop the mass slaughter of millions, but morally it's wrong to murder anyone regardless of circumstances. Ethics are a cultural and social construct, while morals are between an individual and God, or conscience, or whatever higher power you choose to believe in.
    Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Engine of War.
    Piercing your chest with pure hate.
    Twisting within the great heart of all things
    Exist only to obliterate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettshock View Post
    That's a bunch of bullshit. There are so many wrong things that can happen from trying to stop something of this magnitude. The simple fact people are willing to kill 10 innocent people WITHOUT A SHRED OF EVIDENCE scares the ever living hell out of me.
    it is implied in the general question I don't see why some of you need to have everything spelled out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    If you were told a nuclear bomb was going to be detonated in a major city and the only way to stop it was to take the lives of 10 innocent people would you do it?
    Maybe if they had some sort of proof. If they just told me, I'd have to believe them before doing it.

why yes, yes i would. the lifes of the many outweigh the lifes of the few.

Deleted
    A mathematician would kill as many people as the nuclear bomb to stop it.

Deleted
    I don't get how so many see it as a choice while it really isn't.

Or well it is, it's kill 0 or kill 10 innocent people. Obviously 0 would be the right choice for me.

My point is, you are not responsible for what some insane terrorist does. If they contacted me and said that it was in some city not close to me, I'd just say, "wuts a nucular bom?" and hang up the phone.. then call the police just in case.

If you do in fact go kill these 10 people, you are as bad as the terrorist who set the bomb and a murderer and an accomplish to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    it is implied in the general question I don't see why some of you need to have everything spelled out for you.
    If you were told a nuclear bomb was going to be detonated in a major city and the only way to stop it was to take the lives of 10 innocent people would you do it?

Nuclear bombs come in many sizes, there's no details onto how you know the bomb will be detonated, or if it will, the phrase major city is completely subjective.

Nothing is implied. Trying to justify murder because someone implied these details is idiotic at best.

I live in the united states so if I were to kill 10 people to save a entire city I would not only receive a life sentence in prison but I would be sued by the families of all 10 victims and villianized by those who's lives I saved.

Therefor it is in my best interest to let the city burn.
    Last edited by skrump; 2012-01-09 at 12:11 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd feel more related to the 10 I'd have to kill (even though they're also complete strangers), than the million(s) that would die from the bomb, so I'd say let the bomb go off. Plus the fact that I might not even dare to pull the trigger, let alone 10 times.

Besides, they're humans, who gives a shit? I know I don't.
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestion View Post
    Of course. I would rather take 10 lives painlessly than to let thousands die and thousands more suffer from radiation poisoning.
    Not to mention the land would be poisoned and essentially become a barren, uninhabitable wasteland incapable of living on safely for... A loooong while.

Its not just 10 lives or a million lives, its 10 lives or a million lives, the place they live, and anyone in the surrounding area.. and their children, due to radiation.

This is going to sound terrible...is it my city? If it is...yes...if not NO...I don't care about the lives of random people i will never meet...i do care about the lives of my freinds and family and pets and of course me!

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 12:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I don't get how so many see it as a choice while it really isn't.

Or well it is, it's kill 0 or kill 10 innocent people. Obviously 0 would be the right choice for me.

My point is, you are not responsible for what some insane terrorist does. If they contacted me and said that it was in some city not close to me, I'd just say, "wuts a nucular bom?" and hang up the phone.. then call the police just in case.

If you do in fact go kill these 10 people, you are as bad as the terrorist who set the bomb and a murderer and an accomplish to them.
    You reasoning is terrible...its not who you kill that matters in the end its who dies...Id still let the city burn but for an actual good reason...

Ok lets say NYC was going to be bombed, If it was a choice of Its population (Best guess for New York City Population is 8,008,278 from a google search) or 10 people I would do it with out question even if It put me in jail.

Only a few have to die for the many to live.
    Female Panderen /Silly - "Can you bear with me? I want you to bear with me, I cannot bear talking to myself, and it’s so grizzly whenever I am alone. Give me a bear hug! Is that my sign, or ursine? My favorite colors are brown and black. This is a Kodak moment. And I cannot bear... oh screw this, I tire of these puns after time. I admit, I can be polar."

Clearly depends on which city is being targetted.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper View Post
    You want to see the aftermath of a nuclear weapon? Modern Japan, with all of it's weird anime mange weeaboo nonsense. That's what happens when nukes are used.
    So pretty much it would do the world some good to drop a few more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taistee View Post
    He never said it had to be involuntary. Even if it was, I would still probably do it. Find 10 people without friends/family, or just a bunch of drug addicts.
    Take the uneducated rednecks/druggers.

maybe some bieber fans too
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper View Post
    You want to see the aftermath of a nuclear weapon? Modern Japan, with all of it's weird anime mange weeaboo nonsense. That's what happens when nukes are used.
    Am I terrible person if I laughed at this?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Am I terrible person if I laughed at this?
    Well i can give you two answers...etiher we are both terrible people or neither of us are...

ofcourse......no 10people are worth the millions of lives that would die, not to talk about the nature and animals.....btw, has the radiation from the last two nucs weared of? i think not.