Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Pokepets! Srsly I love how they gonna do it ofc if they balance it so we don't have OP pets that every1 will be using

Quote Originally Posted by Crenssi View Post
    Pet battles will just be one more feature in WoW, unless you are a hardcore roleplayer on an RP server I see no nobody holding a gun to your head forcing you to play the pet battles. Hating MoP or WoW because of this 1 feature is like saying "baww I'm hardcore PvP'er ALL of the PvE content should be removed from WoW".

It's easy to just type random hate in forums without even saying a good reason, "blah blah general whining pokemon blah blah pokemon blah". Let's see some of you post some new features that WoW should have, majority will just ignore this because they can't literally think of a single new feature that would be feasible to 'everyone'.
    The issue isn't "I want features that only suite me!" it's "I want features relative to this universe and this gamestyle." Pet battles do not belong here - they are a shoehorned, nonsensical distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    I wasn't refuting his opinion, I was commenting on his lack of Knowledge when it comes to competitive pokemon games. He is ignorant to competitive pokemon battling, it had nothing to do with his opinion.
    So take out the "who-disagree-with-you." My point stands.

My overall argument, I'll repeat, is that pokemon already exists. If I want to play pokemon, I can do so by logging out of warcraft and playing pokemon. If I want to play a game with warcraft's mechanics, however, I don't have the option of logging out of warcraft to do it. Accordingly, my preference would be for Blizzard to focus their new features on improvements and extensions of this game's mechanics, rather than introducing other, existing games to this engine. I don't take issue with pet battles in particular, but rather with what I hope doesn't become more of a trend with new features being largely unrelated to existing mechanics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    The issue isn't "I want features that only suite me!" it's "I want features relative to this universe and this gamestyle." Pet battles do not belong here - they are a shoehorned, nonsensical distraction.
    That your opinion. So why do you take this effort into trying to conquer the game and only implant stuff that you want?

we can all sit here and say" if you dont like the pet system ,blah blah, dont do it,its just another thing in the game you can do or dont".but i personally dont buy into that ,the bottom line for me is,who is this stuff catering too? was there some big audience saying" we want pet battles! with teams! and in depth! and tradeable!".i personally find this hard to believe,perhaps if we all loved pokemon or something or are all in the 9-13 demographic but i doubt thats the case.a huge issue for me is blizz is making such a big deal about this and its pretty obvious they are dumping a lot of resources into this and that in lies my issues,they could be doing something better with there development time.i have personally talked to lots of friends and guildees ingame and real life and not 1, not a single 1 said they cared ,were interested or looking forward to these.so where are these people who are?

now i could be wrong,and blizz can do whatever they like with their game and yeah i can choose not to do it, and heck maybe it will be really good, but lets say it turns out medicore at best or like 10% of its gaming population cares about it after launch. was all this development time and effort really worth it? could be spending that time making even more content ,fixing the game or something much more likely relevent.again i understand ,all subjective and remains to be seen.i dont make multi million dollar games...but... again i say, who exactly is this stuff catering too? because i have personally no idea,are the majority of wow players pokemon players or something?, because like i said i know a ton of folk in and out of game that play wow and not a one cares or plays pokemon..... ./shrug

again the point is ,and some you dont seem to get from reading these posts, its not about that its a pokemon ripoff its about doing something else with the development time...
    Last edited by Sariengrey; 2012-01-12 at 09:14 AM.

This is a rip-off of Pokemon? Oh my GOD! While we are at at let's also let's also nail WoW for ripping off PVE and PVP... they didn't invent that! Oh, it's a video game, too. Video games where already around! Who cares if it's fun for all ages? IT"S FOR KIDS! I've never been loved!

Deleted
    Love it!XDPokemon! YES! *Goes to play Pokemon white*.And Nope, I'm not a basement dwelling virgin xD

Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    That your opinion. So why do you take this effort into trying to conquer the game and only implant stuff that you want?
    The difference, Diggasson, is that if you want to play pokemon, you can go do it. There's nothing at all wrong with simply logging out of warcraft to play a different style of game. If you want to play a game with warcraft's mechanics, however, you're limited to the additional content improving upon and expanding those mechanics.

Requesting pet battles, in fact, would make more sense among pokemon players who want more content than it does among warcraft players who want more content.

It's not about introducing specific features desired by individual players. It's about an overall preference for features improving and expanding warcraft mechanics, so as to provide more gameplay in keeping with this game, rather than introducing other games, at best tangentially related to warcraft mechanics, that you can already enjoy by playing those games in full form.

---------- Post added 2012-01-12 at 04:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lycefli View Post
    Love it!XDPokemon! YES! *Goes to play Pokemon white*.And Nope, I'm not a basement dwelling virgin xD
    And that's exactly what I'm getting at. If you want to play pokemon, you already can. There's a huge amount of content already out there, waiting for you. If you're looking for new warcraft content (by which I mean content based on warcraft mechanics and gameplay), you don't have that option.

On the other hand, if you're looking for new pokemon content, because you've run out of pokemon games to play, wanting pet battles makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    It's not just an opinion, it's an argument being represented that has yet to be successfully countered. This is why it bothers me - and yes, it does bother me whether I participate in it or not. It does not belong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    This is a rip-off of Pokemon? Oh my GOD! While we are at at let's also let's also nail WoW for ripping off PVE and PVP... they didn't invent that! Oh, it's a video game, too. Video games where already around! Who cares if it's fun for all ages? IT"S FOR KIDS! I've never been loved!
    If you don't understand the difference between making a game in an existing genre and shoehorning an entire concept into a game it doesn't belong, I honestly pity you.

If you don't understand the difference between making a game in an existing genre and shoehorning an entire concept into a game it doesn't belong, I honestly pity you.
    Eh, I don't know that I'd claim it just doesn't belong. If Blizzard hired the Pokemon developer/programmer team to create a warcraft minigame, I really wouldn't have a problem with that. My issue isn't that a minigame largely unrelated to warcraft mechanics is being introduced, it's that it's being introduced in place of work by the same team on improvements and expansions upon warcraft mechanics.

Edit: Clarification. Nor would I, personally, claim that it does belong. I just mean that saying "it doesn't belong" seems to me to be an indefensible position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at all the people complaining over a COMPLETELY optional thing made by the UI team...

Yes the game exists in another form, not everyone has the consoles, I for one can't wait for this system!

It's ok, I know you only lash out at me because you don't understand the concept of having extra fun features that aren't required to play the MMO sections of the game

I'll still be your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Galashin View Post
    Eh, I don't know that I'd claim it just doesn't belong. If Blizzard hired the Pokemon developer/programmer team to create a warcraft minigame, I really wouldn't have a problem with that. My issue isn't that a minigame largely unrelated to warcraft mechanics is being introduced, it's that it's being introduced in place of work by the same team on improvements and expansions upon warcraft mechanics.

Edit: Clarification. Nor would I, personally, claim that it does belong. I just mean that saying "it doesn't belong" seems to me to be an indefensible position.
    That's part of the reason I'm saying it doesn't belong. While I feel very strongly that it doesn't fit with the lore, it also clashes with the style of game. I see and have seen no reason to push an entirely different game into World of Warcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Why exactly are people opposed to a new optional gameplay feature? More variety is always good, even if it is a pokemon rip off. I'm excited for it.
    I'm not really opposed, I wouldn't use it, but I know others that would. The point is that these new optional gameplay features take up quite a bit of development time (initial/bugfix/updates). You have to realize: if you don't partake in pet battles and other 'small' cosmetic new features coming in MoP; is there still enough in game to keep you interested?

Maybe I'm getting too old for this game; there are quite a few 15-16 y/o guys in game and on forums that interests are quite different from mine and my idea what you should be interested in at that age. My perspective; girls; sex; games; music; sports; friends. Some guys (not all ofc); ponies; 'squee' things; girly things. I've seen an 24 y/o heterosexual male post on a forum (not this one) 'Squeeeee, that's so cute <3' as a response to a video. But maybe that is just a cover-up to get into a girl her pants, seeing that is the meaning of life after all :P

To each his own, but it's just not my kind of thing.
    Last edited by mmoc430b1d8c6c; 2012-01-12 at 09:38 AM.

Deleted
    The hypocrisy of the WoW community is staggering. Would you mind explaining to me how it's only Blizzard's job to cater to their subscribers and make them happy if the subscribers in question are casuals or unskilled?
    Like it or not, casual players have been keeping this game going for a long long time now. Hardcore players make up a very small minority, hence why Blizzard has consistently made content more accessible to players with less time (or arguable less skill) to dedicate to the game at least since Wrath.

So yeah, as a business Blizzard have to keep their casual subscribers happy as well as having the unenviable task of trying to balance enjoyment for the hardcore players too. Pet battles takes nothing away from the game and there is clearly a lot of people who are really looking forward to it. As for myself the jury is still out on whether I'll make use of the feature, but if I end up not using it I'm not going to moan about how it's ruining the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    It's ok, I know you only lash out at me because you don't understand the concept of having extra fun features that aren't required to play the MMO sections of the game

I'll still be your friend.
    It's not my intention to lash out at you, and I'm sorry if you felt that I was. That being said, you added nothing new to the discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galashin View Post
    The difference, Diggasson, is that if you want to play pokemon, you can go do it. There's nothing at all wrong with simply logging out of warcraft to play a different style of game. If you want to play a game with warcraft's mechanics, however, you're limited to the additional content improving upon and expanding those mechanics.

Requesting pet battles, in fact, would make more sense among pokemon players who want more content than it does among warcraft players who want more content.

It's not about introducing specific features desired by individual players. It's about an overall preference for features improving and expanding warcraft mechanics, so as to provide more gameplay in keeping with this game, rather than introducing other games, at best tangentially related to warcraft mechanics, that you can already enjoy by playing those games in full form.

---------- Post added 2012-01-12 at 04:17 AM ----------

And that's exactly what I'm getting at. If you want to play pokemon, you already can. There's a huge amount of content already out there, waiting for you. If you're looking for new warcraft content (by which I mean content based on warcraft mechanics and gameplay), you don't have that option.

On the other hand, if you're looking for new pokemon content, because you've run out of pokemon games to play, wanting pet battles makes a lot of sense.
    Ofc I can buy Pokemon and play that instead of Warcraft.

but then I can't sign up for a heroic (30 mins wait) I'm thinking hey I can do a pet battle or 2 while waiting.
    Thus I feel entertained for those 30 minutes.

Horray!!
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Tussee Level 110
    Ygtitte Level 110, Daènerys Level 110, Hotlava Level 110,
    Palefoot Level 110, Elemulius Level 110, Tussedk Level 110,
    Thuesen Level 110, Briènne Level 110, Tussebank level 110
    Tipoldefar Level 110, Gnarfy Level 110

Quote Originally Posted by Cheebie View Post
    Look at all the people complaining over a COMPLETELY optional thing made by the UI team...

Yes the game exists in another form, not everyone has the consoles, I for one can't wait for this system!
    Everything is "completely optional," that's a meaningless distinction. The point I'm making is that it comes in place of further improvements and expansions on warcraft mechanics.

If your primary motivation for wanting pet battles is that you don't currently have a system on which to play pokemon, that just isn't a logical reason to introduce pet battles. By that argument, you would be equally pleased to see Blizzard offer a separate game, offered free with a warcraft subscription, that mirrors pokemon. That is, you're really claiming that you'd rather play (some of the time) not-warcraft than warcraft. That's an absolutely reasonable stance. I just don't see why it should direct features of a warcraft expansion.

Deleted
    Do men find Pico's voice a bit hawt? I find it a bit hawt.

Quote Originally Posted by tussee View Post
    Ofc I can buy Pokemon and play that instead of Warcraft.

but then I can't sign up for a heroic (30 mins wait) I'm thinking hey I can do a pet battle or 2 while waiting.
    Thus I feel entertained for those 30 minutes.

Horray!!
    Um...yes, you can.
    1) Log into warcraft. Enter queue.
    2) Start a gameboy, gamecube, emulator in another window, or any of the other ways to play pokemon.
    3) Play pokemon.
    4) Pause pokemon and accept queue.

This is exactly my point: your gaming experience, on the whole, is not affected positively by being able to play watered-down-pokemon inside warcraft, given you can already play a full version anyway. Instead, I'd prefer to see warcraft features focus on warcraft mechanics, that is, on gameplay I can't get outside of warcraft.