Thread: Shadowmourne

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Time for an update.

So i went ICC yesterday again, and downed all bosses on heroic difficulty.
    Guess what, 8 shards again.

week: 1(8), 2(8), 3(8), 4(5), 5(8).

Only 13 Shards to go!

did 11/12 heroic mode today and only 4 shards dropped, pretty lame

42/50, hopefully i get lucky next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgtsparkles View Post
    Sell them. Hookers, Cocaine, and Pizza every night. Every. Single. Night.
    AHAHAH Hookers and Blow

What would be the min # of people needed to go 11/12 Heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    What would be the min # of people needed to go 11/12 Heroic?
    I'd say 15 minimum. The weekly run on my server consists of a very skilled and geared Blood DK 1 tanking, 3-5 good healers (as many as possible for Dreamwalker), and at least a dozen good dps. With the addition of the new tier of gear and Deathwing weapons we've been downing the bosses quicker than usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys inspired me to finally get around to get shadowmourne, thanks! ;D

11/12 HC LK on normal, got 8 shards, got through the instance with ease, had 8 healers for dreamwalker, most of them were dps on all other bosses

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It took me 5 lock outs to get my shards. But, to be fair on the first lock out I got my first shard off of the LK. So really, 4 lock outs to get 49 shards. Heroics indeed do drop more, if you can run it on heroic, do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harleybane View Post
    Currently at 29 shards, getting bout 8 per run. 12/12 HC.

How many runs did you go before you got the 50 shards?

Also, what did you Do with the boe items, I might sell them, the prices are insane these days!
    I would say not to sell all of them. I used the mount and tabard and i feel very very unique when we take a kill picture in my guild cous it stands out . I gave the neckless to a friend of mine and sold the other two.
    If i remember correctly it took me somewhat 4 months to get all shard. Mainly because my guild at that time disbanded before i could finish it. I moved to horde and pugged the rest of them (around 25 was left). But hell when i got it i was proud as hell because of the effort i put in to getting it. But without the help of my friends of that horde side i dont think i could have got it before cata.

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 01:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sabence View Post
    You guys inspired me to finally get around to get shadowmourne, thanks! ;D
    Yeah go for it! IMO the best looking legendary ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've lost count. On my back water server getting a group to do ICC25 is horrible. My guild isn't very keen on running it much at all yet I have this feeling as soon as I get my 50 shards done they'll hound me for the chest. Sigh.

34/50. Don't give up hope, peeps. To everyone else on it. :>
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraai View Post
    Been at it for 5 months now.

Normal Modes that 80% of the time couldn't be cleared due to terribad pugs, people ninja-looting shards for their friends and the general "i have less i want to catch up my shards" idiots.
    Got a guild group going for it now. Should be 2-3 weeks tops.
    [[21/50]]
    This is why you use masterlooter and explicitly state that the shards are for you at the start of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    It took me 5 lock outs to get my shards. But, to be fair on the first lock out I got my first shard off of the LK. So really, 4 lock outs to get 49 shards. Heroics indeed do drop more, if you can run it on heroic, do it.
    Nope, that did not happen.

The maximum number of shards you can get from 1 run is 12, and getting a shard from all 12 bosses, highly unlikely! from what I've heard / seen, bosses on heroic has a 75% drop rate and bosses on normal 50%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post
    Nope, that did not happen.

The maximum number of shards you can get from 1 run is 12, and getting a shard from all 12 bosses, highly unlikely! from what I've heard / seen, bosses on heroic has a 75% drop rate and bosses on normal 50%

Normal: 25-50% Chance on drop.
    Heroic: 51-99% Chance on drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    With how much a pain it is to get shards and groups... Reserve them. Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post

That's not possible.
    Even if you get some AMAZING luck, you can get 1 shard from each boss ( tops i got was 11 shards from 12 bosses ),
    this is 12 shards x 4 lock'outs = 48 shards + 1 shard from LK = 49.
    So...no.

Quote Originally Posted by harleybane View Post
    I've thought about it, and I'm keeping the tabard n' mount, Might aswell sell the other crap and earn some gold.
    Keep the Music box sell the rest.

when i finish up my shadowmourne im selling everything but the tabard. i have plenty of ground mounts that i prefer to horses (black war tiger <3) and im short on gold so to me the gold is more worth it than some vanity rp items im not even into (besides the tab ofc)

It took me about 8 weeks?Something like that i would get lucky sometimes and get 10 per run (12/12heroic after wrath) and sometimes i would get 3.But it's all based on luck unfortintly...Also the BoEs are worth about 20k EACH.except the mount witch is easily worth 40-50 depending on the economy on your server.

10+ Year Old Account
    ill be getting this bad boy in about 3 weeks!

You didn't get 50 shards in 5 weeks, lol. I had some weeks where I only had 3 drop in a 11/12 heroic clear, most I ever had in one week was 8-9.

As for the item drops 20k each is a tiny ammount, someone on my server was recently offering 300k for just the mount, and the Tabard should never go for less than 100k gold.