Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Perhaps you should actually do some research into GW2 before you judge it.

We have a nice info thread here
    *sigh* it was stated in the first post above their own so apparantly they don't bother to read at least a few posts above the one they are making...
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-01-19 at 05:16 PM.

Deleted
    I was excited about it a couple of years back. I'm out of wait and have been for a long time for that matter. I'll see what it's like when it comes out but I'm not excited about it. I don't really care.

This is how I can not be excited for GW2.
    What's the big deal ? (about people not being excited I mean) Glad for you if you are and hope you'll enjoy it when it comes out.

Back on the topic the OP brings up, it occurs to me that people who are good at performing within highly scripted environments, but perhaps lack experience in situations where it is important to actually absorb what is going on around them and then modify their approach to the situation at hand might have trouble with GW2. Someone who feels like that that applies to them might say they are interested in GW2 but don't have much hope for it, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Well you don't have to like or have played the 1st one to like the 2nd + GW1 and WoW are not even comparable. One is an MMO the other is a CORPG. Don't let your feelings about GW1 prevent you from checking out GW2, they are different games, they only have the name and lore in common.
    But it is still an MMO and my friends and me only have time for 1 game with our busy schedule. They want to keep playing Star Wars and I more than happy to stay with my friends. GW2 could be great, but they just don't care to switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexxr View Post
    But it is still an MMO and my friends and me only have time for 1 game with our busy schedule. They want to keep playing Star Wars and I more than happy to stay with my friends. GW2 could be great, but they just don't care to switch.
    Get new friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexxr View Post
    Why be so dependent on your friends? Just try the game (don't even need to pay for it, get into the open beta once it's available), if you like it show it to your friends and if they like what they see they will join you. Simple as that.

Field Marshal ElexionExonusAvalon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its all a matter of opinion.

For me it's the lack of updates that have got me less hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Makoblade View Post
    GW2 has no qualities to it that don't scream "just another game." It doesn't grab attention like Warcraft or Diablo at all, and those who enjoy WoW have absolutely no reason to switch to a game that they will find sub-par anyway.

GW1 was something I look down on because it wasn't fun to me. I have no reason to expect GW2 to be any different.
    I enjoy wow and I will play gw2. Why because wow is the same thing over and over again.
    It is time for something new and i can't wait.

Goodbye wow hello gw2
    Be patience I am dyslexic..

Quote Originally Posted by Klausk View Post
    You know we get updates every month right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Well I can tell you why I'm not excited about it. I am rather sceptical about anything new it will bring;
    - no more holy trinity? Well I kinda like someone (a healer) standing behind me and correcting my mistakes
    - no quests? Like those too, since they make an easier to track what i have seen and not seen in the game so far (for instance GW1 had a simple quest system and I liked it a lot). With those dynamic events comming up I have a darn feeling the game will just be a major grind (I played Lineage 2 long time ago and i disliked that aspect of it)
    - raids so far we have seen seem rather underwhelming to me.
    To sum it up; for me it's pure scepticism and pesimism, but hey; others may have other reasions.

Well I really like that GW2 is taking a step back to making people more accountable for their mistakes in combat. Why should it be someone else's job to fix the mistakes of the poorly played? The healer archetype started off as minor support to help negate required damage pressure that made fights more interesting, since then they have degenerated into just fixing other people's mistakes in combat. I think that entire view is wrong, because that makes encounters and combat designed around people always failing in some manner, making it impossible to get it "all right". Removing healers and tanks is useful, it forces people to play smart, it makes pve and pvp combat parallel immensely. If pve and pvp combat parallel, then it makes class balance actually easier, because something that is overpowered in one side is going to overpowered in another, and tinkering with it isn't going to break just one side, it'll break both and force quick corrections.
    I'm not saying, "death to support roles" or "I hate healers" I actually love to play support roles, I have always selected support roles in rpgs I play with others. In GW2 I'm going to be playing a support orientated Necro that will focus heavily on controlling enemy actions and boons as well as removing conditions from allies. I'm not fixing anyone's mistakes in that support role, I'm not a dps, tank or healer. The trinity is broken, instead of having heavily defined and unbreakable roles, you have shades of grey, that function more like how real people would act. Which is better for immersion and is more intuitive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klausk View Post
    Where have you heard that there will be a lack of updates? Where do these people get all this strange info?! And if it's just a wild guess/assumption, then wth post it in the GW2 forum as a fact? :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Where have you heard that there will be a lack of updates? Where do these people get all this strange info?! And if it's just a wild guess/assumption, then wth post it in the GW2 forum as a fact? :S
    I think he/she means the lack of updates on the game(guilds, WvWvW, beta progress, etc..) Some more information would be nice yeh, at least the mesmer skills imo.

I think he might mean lack of info coming out of ANet.

I played a monk as my main in Guild Wars 1. I may have liked collecting bows on my ranger or building up my awesome minion army as a Necromancer, or maybe just solo gruul farming on my warrior to pass the time.

But ultimately, I played a healing monk.

Why would I play a game which has actually said I cannot play the same in GW2 as I could in GW1? Why would I want to play a game which has basically turned around and said "sorry, you cannot play your game." So next time someone says "awww man, you should play GW2 it's awesome" I shall look at them and ask them if the game added healers yet.

I'm thinking he's not talking about game updates. I'm thinking he's referring to updates about the game...from the devs.

I will say there are plenty of people that just post random nonsense that they made up on the spot to insight anger in those that have actually researched the game and seen the cool new features it has to offer. But I don't necessarily think that's what this guy was doing.

The main reason why Im not intrested in GW2 is because they do not plan to have mounts at all. Thats a feature I consider to be essential in the MMORPG game that I play. I do not mean having 500 mounts like WOW. I mean having A mount. And thats that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    The main reason why Im not intrested in GW2 is because they do not plan to have mounts at all. Thats a feature I consider to be essential in the MMORPG game that I play. I do not mean having 500 mounts like WOW. I mean having A mount. And thats that.
    Why are mounts so important to you?

Some people do not have 30 minutes a day to walk to an event and walk back to town. Some people may only have an hour to play and would prefer to spend most of that hour doing something other than trying to get from point A to point B and back. I understand they want people to experience the map, but once you have seen every inch of the map 5 times over you probably will get awfully tired of walking past the same trees and rocks just to get where you are going.

Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    Some people do not have 30 minutes a day to walk to an event and walk back to town. Some people may only have an hour to play and would prefer to spend most of that hour doing something other than trying to get from point A to point B and back. I understand they want people to experience the map, but once you have seen every inch of the map 5 times over you probably will get awfully tired of walking past the same trees and rocks just to get where you are going.
    That is a huge over exaggeration.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.