Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    its a fantasy game, lets throw common sense and logic out of the window

o wait, look like you already did

just because "it's fantasy" or "he can shoot fireballs" doesnt mean the rules of the universe unravel and disappear
    How about that this is in a new universe and not ours?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Common sense says that if there were people made of plants, they would look like trees!
    I mean, let's ignore the fact that the one who planted the pale tree was a human, and that the Sylvari may very well have grown in his image in an attempt to be like him. Oh wait, that's contradicted by the fact that there was a Centaur near the tree with the human! Wait, no, centaur don't look like trees either. Huh.
    Either way, the law says that plant people should look like trees. It's the rules of the universe.
    But the story that sylvari are made in humans image makes sense and isn't blind hand waving so why are you bitching

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 08:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    How about that this is in a new universe and not ours?...
    You're right, anet should nerf gravity
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    But the story that sylvari are made in humans image makes sense and isn't blind hand waving so why are you bitching

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 08:41 AM ----------

You're right, anet should nerf gravity
    Just becouse it's another world and universe it doesn't instantly mean new gravity and changes to laws of physic all over the place, but some might be bent to make it a fantasy, since it's a fantasy world/universe...

10+ Year Old Account
    Common sense says that if there were people made of plants, they would look like trees!
    I mean, let's ignore the fact that the one who planted the pale tree was a human, and that the Sylvari may very well have grown in his image in an attempt to be like him. Oh wait, that's contradicted by the fact that there was a Centaur near the tree with the human! Wait, no, centaur don't look like trees either. Huh.
    Either way, the law says that plant people should look like trees. It's the rules of the universe.
    They were planted on the graves of the dudes family.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

The Pale Tree is alive and has a distinct mind; sentience. More likely it chose the humanoid like form for the Sylvari [just as it chooses sex organs] for the purpose of getting about in the world. Rohan and Ventari likely further influenced the development of the Pale Tree, but they were both like Buddhist monks- a lot of their stewardship was philosophical to the Sylvari. Also the Pale Tree's soil was Rohan's family plot after the civil war.

<-- major nerd/dork

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The Pale Tree is alive and has a distinct mind; sentience. More likely it chose the humanoid like form for the Sylvari [just as it chooses sex organs] for the purpose of getting about in the world. Rohan and Ventari likely further influenced the development of the Pale Tree, but they were both like Buddhist monks- a lot of their stewardship was philosophical to the Sylvari. Also the Pale Tree's soil was Rohan's family plot after the civil war.

<-- major nerd/dork
    Pshaw.
    I was just guessing, as Sylvari lore is not my specialty.
    That's why I said "May", as oppose to "Were". :P
    I figured, hey, a human is the reason the Sylvari are around today. They got Ronan's bravery, why not his image to?

Deleted
    And modelling a race that resembles a centaur is probably a bit more work than one that resembles a human, at least in terms of armor that's available for all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonefury* View Post
    Dat armor O.o

My character choice is bending towards a Norn Ranger right now.
    we DEFINITELY need to petition ANet to revert the in-game armor to closely resemble the concept i.e. let the dude's pack show. it would make him look A LOT more BADASS imo. seems wrong for a Norn to be so heavily clothed as if they were a human.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Looking better than WoW is not so hard. WoW is basically a game on a game engine from 2002 and released 2004.
    If you check other games like Tera (a 1 year old game!) you see what's "normal" 2012:
    I feel like the attention of the player is directed at the horse instead of the character itself in that picture.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post

I feel like the attention of the player is directed at the horse instead of the character itself in that picture.
    It's the only way to take a picture of both and showing the face of the character. If you click the picture you get it full res and can check the player details.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    Gonna hope my Ranger can wear this sexy outfit.

THAT is so completely badass it isn't even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by GW2lacky View Post
    THAT is so completely badass it isn't even funny.
    That Picture is most likely a Necro armour set!

Can we please get some male human/asura mesmer & elementalist armor plx?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Can we please get some male human/asura mesmer & elementalist armor plx?
    I want the armor the mesmer is wearing in your sig. It's like the only non foo foo prissy pants mesmer gear I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I want the armor the mesmer is wearing in your sig. It's like the only non foo foo prissy pants mesmer gear I've seen.
    Male Mesmers were sort of dandy's in the first game. Their GWEN set is still one of my faves. The only redeeming quality of Mesmers in GW1 was their style. ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Male Mesmers were sort of dandy's in the first game. Their GWEN set is still one of my faves. The only redeeming quality of Mesmers in GW1 was their style. ;p
    I want to look regal, yet dangerous and badass, not like I'm some snooty nobleman at an elizabethan opera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I want to look regal, yet dangerous and badass, not like I'm some snooty nobleman at an elizabethan opera.
    mesmer is not for you then
    The Original Ganksta

mesmer is not for you then
    Was not for you*
    Times have changed. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Was not for you*
    Times have changed. >.>

kinda like that
    The Original Ganksta

kinda like that
    My point is that not all mesmers will be.. fabulous, anymore.
    Due to them wearing 'light armor' and not 'mesmer armor'.