Poll: Will you buy Mass Effect 3 for PC?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes, mostly because I don't give a schnitzle about DRM and cannot understand the passionate hatred other people express for it. A pity that it's not going to be on Steam but at the end of the day it's just a place to buy games, same as any other place. Call me naive.

That, and I don't have a console and I really, really love Mass Effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    I don't think he's coming across as a supporter of it, I think he's trying to prove a point and that point is that people are just hating on it for the same reasons people hate on other mmo's before they even come out.....Rabid. Fan boys.
    Exactly

I kindof dislike any online service that is required for a game i buy on dvd, but as allready stated, I learned to live with it..

I'm no big fan of Origin, my point is just that it's no worse than Steam.. And even though people like to have all their stuff (games in this case) in one place, monopoly is a very bad thing for the consumer

My problem with Origin is not that it's a financial ploy they're trying to force on people to make a better profit from an already over-expensive market, that's normal business tactics nowadays.

No, my problem with Origin is the way they're going about forcing it on people. If they gave bonuses for using it, like a discount on future DLC, bonuses/items for other games sold on Origin, etc., that would be a much better business decision than "it installs Origin or it gets the hose again!".

You say you don't have a problem with another "service" for your game, how about a service for each and every game provider out there? How about, at one point having 20 different services that each require you to buy from them and have them installed if you want to play your games? Does that still appeal to you? no? well it sure would appeal to THEM. Does that mean we, as the end-users, have to agree? no.

Some people make no sense. You will pass on one of the greatest single player RPG's (that you already played the first two) because it requires you to use origins?
    Here's a nice little quote, notice the submissive attitude? That's precisely what companies like EA want, people that do whatever they wish without question. How about having a good series of books, the first book is bought normally, you get hooked on it, it's awesome. The second book requires you to give the publisher/salesperson more money and a blowjob. The third book requires you to bend over. Will you bend over? Some people will, and the salesperson loves those people.

To the topic at hand though, no, I will not be buying it on PC; nor will I be buying an xbox or any other console for it. I might consider buying it at a later time when EA manage to get that stick out of their ass and it's available somewhere else... maybe. In the mean time there are other games more deserving of my attention.

Frankly I'm surprised I don't even want to pirate it, I just don't care that much about ME anymore... but I know many others on the PC will.

Oh and Mr. mod: putting your fingers in your ears, covering your eyes, and going LA-LA-LA-LA-LA will not make talks of piracy go away, it's a valid concern/argument/whatever when a big company refuses to see reason in such a matter.
    Last edited by Ærion; 2012-01-16 at 09:35 AM.

Nah, I'm getting it on my PC at release.

Just like SW:TOR, you just have to DL it with your origin/ea account, and after that you don't need to touch Origin from what I understand.

These news suck major ass... avoiding consoles like the plague vs avoiding origin like the plague... no can do, I'll HAVE to vote with my wallet.
    Last edited by kivipää; 2012-01-16 at 09:45 AM.

Maybe once it comes into the 5e range. I don't buy games with excessive DRM requirements until it's so cheap it doesn't matter.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I simply prefer Steam. It's like selling a book and saying "you can't buy this at Barnes and Noble" or something similarly idiotic. Meet the demand of customers, don't try to fuck them in the ass.

Not sure, would have much prefered Steam. Might get it for the Xbox instead.

Deleted
    Yes, I will be buying it on PC. I'm pretty upset it won't be available on steam, and about the extra restrictions - BUT this is still one of the most awesome series of all time (to me), so there is no way I will be passing it up (and I'm not a console gamer, so have little other options).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    My problem with Origin is not that it's a financial ploy they're trying to force on people to make a better profit from an already over-expensive market, that's normal business tactics nowadays.

No, my problem with Origin is the way they're going about forcing it on people. If they gave bonuses for using it, like a discount on future DLC, bonuses/items for other games sold on Origin, etc., that would be a much better business decision than "it installs Origin or it gets the hose again!".

You say you don't have a problem with another "service" for your game, how about a service for each and every game provider out there? How about, at one point having 20 different services that each require you to buy from them and have them installed if you want to play your games? Does that still appeal to you? no? well it sure would appeal to THEM. Does that mean we, as the end-users, have to agree? no.

Here's a nice little quote, notice the submissive attitude? That's precisely what companies like EA want, people that do whatever they wish without question. How about having a good series of books, the first book is bought normally, you get hooked on it, it's awesome. The second book requires you to give the publisher/salesperson more money and a blowjob. The third book requires you to bend over. Will you bend over? Some people will, and the salesperson loves those people.

To the topic at hand though, no, I will not be buying it on PC; nor will I be buying an xbox or any other console for it. I might consider buying it at a later time when EA manage to get that stick out of their ass and it's available somewhere else... maybe. In the mean time there are other games more deserving of my attention.

Frankly I'm surprised I don't even want to pirate it, I just don't care that much about ME anymore... but I know many others on the PC will.

Oh and Mr. mod: putting your fingers in your ears, covering your eyes, and going LA-LA-LA-LA-LA will not make talks of piracy go away, it's a valid concern/argument/whatever when a big company refuses to see reason in such a matter.
    I can understand your reasoning kindof, but it's been the same with tons of other companies for ages.. You can't go to burger king and buy a big mac you know..

Also your idea that you will have to blow next and then bend over.. That's your fantasy.. I see no indication of Origin demanding more and more.. It's just a required service for their games, just like Steam is required for a lot of other games

As said I kindof understand people like it all in one place, but the reason that we have one fine service, so competition is stupid.. That's just nonsense.. Should apple stop making OSX cos it's not market leader? Would you like only one ISP in the world?

Monopoly hinders innovation and makes prices higher... That's never good

Deleted
    Well, the way I see it, it's just stupid for them to force it. It will make them sell less and have more people getting it by.. other means.

But at least it doesn't require constant internet connection or access private data like some other similar things that failed in the past.

I won't buy it at all untill it's on Steam and no longer requires Origin.

On the PC the big issue with ALL Single player games is trying to stay ahead of someone cracking it and distributing it over torrents. What EA/Bioware are trying to do is limit that. By having Origin as your primary distribution for patches and DLC content it will help fight the theft. It really isn't an issue of spyware or them trying to get your information. I'll buy it for PC.

Deleted
    Why are nobody raging about Ubisoft requirering login to their online service to register their games? I see a lot of love for Assassins Creed on this site, but noone complains about that? It's just like Origin.. It requires you to register with it online, but you can play offline after.. and the game launches through Ubisoft Game Launcher.. So why ain't that the devils work?

Quote Originally Posted by KidCracken View Post
    Why are nobody raging about Ubisoft requirering login to their online service to register their games? I see a lot of love for Assassins Creed on this site, but noone complains about that? It's just like Origin.. It requires you to register with it online, but you can play offline after.. and the game launches through Ubisoft Game Launcher.. So why ain't that the devils work?
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/201870/

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably won't be buying any PC games ever again. Reason why is because of Steam and other online services you need to be subscribed for in order to play it. I don't care how much better it is on PC i will never buy a PC game if i am forced to join a service i don't want. When i buy a PC game i should just be able to pop it in install it and play it like back in the older days of PC games, not having to go through Steam and deal with all their bullshit.

I'm sorry but i just simply HATE what they're doing to games these days they're trying to make them all streamed and making it mandatory to have a service like Steam in order to play a game (come on, you Steam users have to agree with me on that) or making them all download only. I don't know why people still don't see the biggest problem in that. I've said it so many times and people still don't get the picture so i gave up trying to tell people.

Services like Steam and Origin have totally ruined PC gaming experience for me so will probably never buy another new PC game ever again only the older ones that don't need Steam or anything. Only way i would buy newer PC games is if they don't need Steam or Origin or any other kind of service want to just buy the game install it and play it.

I'm getting ME 3 collectors edition on Xbox 360 same as the other two.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-01-16 at 04:04 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I played ME1 & 2 and, while ME is entertaining, I didn't find those games to be as great as everyone else says it is.

I'll pass on it this time around. The fact that Origin is required doesn't help that position at all as well.

Deleted
    Why are EA still pushing this? I want all my games in 1 place, Steam is the place they are going to be, i'm not going to install Origin for any game. Bioware can go f*** themselves. I thought they had some independacy when releasing Swtor outside of Origin, now I guess they are just like every other company owned by EA.

The heck is Origin?

Deleted
    You know i used to hate origin.. truth is i had no real valid reason.. If i like steam, why shouldn't I like origin since it mirrors it, and supports cloud saving. So all in all yes, I will be buying it.