Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    10 bucks for the spider and stuff isn't any different than the Blizzard mount. It just costs less because Trion can't set the price that high.

Let's get off of the 'Trion is awesome and everyone else is horrible' bandwagon please.

I don't have any problem with the spider or turtle mounts, to be clear, but to say that Blizzard's store mount is in some way bad while Trion's 10 bucks for spider/turtle is not, is just fanboyism of the worst sort.
    I think before you go around accusing everyone who doesn't share your opinions of fanboyism you should actually read their posts instead of glossing over some pretty well presented points in your rush to (yet again) take a shot at Trion/RIFT supporters. Also, at no point did I criticise Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post

I don't have any problem with the spider or turtle mounts, to be clear, but to say that Blizzard's store mount is in some way bad while Trion's 10 bucks for spider/turtle is not, is just fanboyism of the worst sort.
    Trion Worlds has introduced the new RIFT: Ashes of History edition. This new upgrade, available for $10, includes a new spindrel mount, a portable banker, and a faction tabard for each of your characters, making the upgrade perfect for those looking for a little extra convenience and cosmetic enhancement, but not-so-perfect for the arachnophobic. If you want to shell out a bit for some fancy swag, the Ashes of History edition upgrade can be purchased at RIFT's official site.

Now i can see we will have to agree to disagree on the point about cash shops but it was just a cheap way to let everyone get the same stuff after they made a big mistake letting some get those items and not others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand cash stops in general can be a touchy subject for people. Some people buy sparkle mounts some people don't. Each is to their own but lets keep the thread on topic.

Going forward to avoid any heated non-constructive discussions lets drop the whole buy/free mount conversation they generally don't end well.

Had they fixed dungeon teleports? When you are a newest member, or your party just acquired one, he was getting placed at the entrance, which was terrible.

Deleted
    So... Being completely bored with WoW, and bored of waiting for GW2 (is this game even real or just an ongoing gag?), and with the free demo from Rift, i decided to give it a go.

So far i'm really disappointed. 99% of the game seems like a WoW-clone. Just... less good. Uglier graphics. Less responsive gameplay. Same lame "pick up quest at NPC A, kill X mobs, collect X items/drops, hand in quest at NPC B, get some currency and possibly a gear upgrade". Same lame two-faction story.

I dont really see the point in continuing a less-good clone of a game i'm bored with.
    Last edited by mmoc1663e6f809; 2012-02-16 at 09:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Had they fixed dungeon teleports? When you are a newest member, or your party just acquired one, he was getting placed at the entrance, which was terrible.
    Unfortunately that's still there, you can mount up in a few of them which helps but it is still quite frustrating

Edit: to the person above then dont play it, it sounds like you're actually bored of the genre and not the game itself because pretty much every mmo plays very similar

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had the money to buy it again and the drive to start another MMO I would most likely pick up RIFT.
    But I'm only holding onto WoW till D2 comes out.
    So tired of the MMO thing (sure D3 is kinda MMO but not really).

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Uglier graphics.
    I know appreciation of art is subjective, but every time I see this I can't help but think that people are running the game on pocket calculators or something.

So... Being completely bored with WoW, and bored of waiting for GW2 (is this game even real or just an ongoing gag?), and with the free demo from Rift, i decided to give it a go.

So far i'm really disappointed. 99% of the game seems like a WoW-clone. Just... less good. Uglier graphics. Less responsive gameplay. Same lame "pick up quest at NPC A, kill X mobs, collect X items/drops, hand in quest at NPC B, get some currency and possibly a gear upgrade". Same lame two-faction story.

I dont really see the point in continuing a less-good clone of a game i'm bored with.
    Agreed 100%. I tried Rift out for the free time I was given. I think I got to about level 20, but I quit. I just sat there thinking the whole time, "why don't I just go play wow?"

I like Rift's talent tree system. I really enjoyed messing around with different talent options, according to my playstyle. I also liked the concept of the rifts in the game. However, Rift's graphics and response-time were very subpar. All-in-all, I'd rather just play Wow, which I'm already completely bored with, so I have to say no to Rift as well. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    People using mum's Facebook surfing Dell or HP computer expecting to play Rift at settings that will take your breath away are just for the lulz

Also Dungeons have a teleport orb at the start you can click that will port you halfways through the dungeon, no need to run from the start, but ofc if you played Rift you'd know this

I bought the game when it first launched. It was ok, a distraction from WoW.

One day gold spammers were choking the chat. The spam was constant. I became tired of it, thinking that Trion would want to know, I reported several characters spamming chat with gold sale offers. A couple of days later my account was locked, for you guessed it "gold spamming." Further my right to appeal constituted proving that I had not spammed or attempted to sell gold, which is pretty impossible, unless I had screen shot the chat at the time it was occurring.

Thanks, but no thanks. Getting banned for reporting activities that are against the TOS. Trion can make the best game ever and go . . . . themselves. I won't participate.

This is the reason why I won't be trying Rift.

Deleted

I also find it funny you dont reply to the "crappy response" part, which is obviously a lot more relevant, nor to the "90% wow clone" part, which is also a lot more relevant. Must be you agree.

This game sux. Give GW2.
    I responded to the clone part, it's the same genre, it's not like you're going to be surrounded by things that are insanely different. It's like playing call of duty for 7 years and going "i'm bored of shooting people with guns, i'm bored of seeing grenades/shotguns and sniper rifles, i'll try something completely different, lets try battlefield"

I hope GW2 satisfies your "i want an mmo that isn't really an mmo and has no qualities of an mmo" thirst.

As for the less responsive gameplay then that's up to you, while i agree that WoW casting feels smoother i also find it utterly ridiculous seeing a worgen doing backflips every 0.5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Woeful View Post

One day gold spammers were choking the chat. The spam was constant. I became tired of it, thinking that Trion would want to know, I reported several characters spamming chat with gold sale offers. A couple of days later my account was locked, for you guessed it "gold spamming." Further my right to appeal constituted proving that I had not spammed or attempted to sell gold, which is pretty impossible, unless I had screen shot the chat at the time it was occurring.

Thanks, but no thanks. Getting banned for reporting activities that are against the TOS. Trion can make the best game ever and go . . . . themselves. I won't participate.

Thats really odd, because I have never seen 1 goldseller spam... ever :<

Still having a good time in Rift, but at a kind of wierd stage where I would like to start raiding but there don't seem to be many guilds about that will take on someone with no Rift raiding experience :/ Seems to be a lot of guilds with good progress OR casual guilds that don't raid at all xD Pretty much like wow you seem to have 0 chance of getting into a pug if you don't know the fights or have the achivement. Which is fine... but I find myself not playing as much as I would if I had a real goal to work towards.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Levelling:
    Mobs are much more thinly spread so you are less likely to be overwhelmed.
    The reson i enjoyed leveling in Rift was cause it could be hard at times, you had to time it so you only pulled one mob, reminded me of the old EQ days. Only reason i stopped playing was everyone who joined the game with me stopped playing.

I reinstalled RIFT and have been messing with it a bit in my spare time (I raid in SWTOR but don't play much outside that). The raid leader for a Drowning Halls weekly run ended up ninjaing the loot from the last boss, but other than that it's been a positive experience. Leveling to 50 was a smooth experience and I liked being able to do it through a combination of dungeons, PVP, rifts and quests. There's such a huge amount of things to do at 50 to improve my character outside of raiding, too - which is nice because I'm not big on alts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    I responded to the clone part, it's the same genre, it's not like you're going to be surrounded by things that are insanely different. It's like playing call of duty for 7 years and going "i'm bored of shooting people with guns, i'm bored of seeing grenades/shotguns and sniper rifles, i'll try something completely different, lets try battlefield"

I hope GW2 satisfies your "i want an mmo that isn't really an mmo and has no qualities of an mmo" thirst.

As for the less responsive gameplay then that's up to you, while i agree that WoW casting feels smoother i also find it utterly ridiculous seeing a worgen doing backflips every 0.5 seconds.
    I clearly never made the post you're quoting. It is not in this thread, and if you browse my post history, you will find no such post. Please do not fabricate posts in my name.

That being said, maybe you can go scroll over the OP in http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...iated.-READ-ME! a bit so you can understand new MMO's CAN actually innovate the genre, instead of shamelessly copying a 7year old game and adding, basically, nothing (except for what i understand are nothing more than random events where mobs spawn and you... have to kill them).

The animations your character makes during attacks, to me, personally, are of far inferior importance than the actual reponse time from the commands i give. If you'd rather wait for half a second for the game to register your action, than to have a toon that flips when it does attacks, that's your choice offcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Woeful View Post

Have you tried speaking to their (free) customer service? They're pretty awesome, I'm sure they could have and still would fix that in no time.

---------- Post added 2012-02-16 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Thats really odd, because I have never seen 1 goldseller spam... ever :<
    Thanks to coin lock I haven't seen a single spammer in MONTHS. Like literally not since before August at least, maybe longer.

It's funny...I was just discussing with a gaming buddy of mine that SWTOR is kinda boring now, maybe we fire up Rift again. Then I find this post with lots of great information that sounds intriguing.

I might have to give this a whirl! Thanks OP!

Great but I won't play it anyway because I really don't like the appearance of everything in that game. It's not appealing me visually.

I clearly never made the post you're quoting. It is not in this thread, and if you browse my post history, you will find no such post. Please do not fabricate posts in my name.
    So you edited your post or it was deleted by a mod, well done.

That being said, maybe you can go scroll over the OP in http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...iated.-READ-ME! a bit so you can understand new MMO's CAN actually innovate the genre, instead of shamelessly copying a 7year old game and adding, basically, nothing (except for what i understand are nothing more than random events where mobs spawn and you... have to kill them).
    And when GW2 isn't as successful and life altering as everyone is hoping then what? You realise that the questing is just a limited number of quests shuffled around to make it appear dynamic, that zones are instanced, that the world bosses are no different to RIFTs Ember Isle invasion bosses, that scaling your level sounds nice but it's not going to improve the end game experience, and what will you do with no raid content and limited end game content?

There is a reason there is no subscription fee. As great and polished as it looks, it is not the game to change the MMO genre.

The animations your character makes during attacks, to me, personally, are of far inferior importance than the actual reponse time from the commands i give. If you'd rather wait for half a second for the game to register your action, than to have a toon that flips when it does attacks, that's your choice offcourse.
    If you're having latency issues I suggest you talk to or change your ISP, I've been playing RIFT almost a year (longer if you include beta) and find there to be no latency at all during combat or any other time.

---------- Post added 2012-02-16 at 03:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ashopedies View Post
    It's funny...I was just discussing with a gaming buddy of mine that SWTOR is kinda boring now, maybe we fire up Rift again. Then I find this post with lots of great information that sounds intriguing.

I might have to give this a whirl! Thanks OP!
    You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Great but I won't play it anyway because I really don't like the appearance of everything in that game. It's not appealing me visually.
    There is a pretty awesome screenshots thread on the first page (I think) of this subforum, I suggest you take a look, maybe it will change your mind.