Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    Doing my HS freshman english essay project on notepad is fucking brutal... its almost a joke how this counts as a mid-term project

you cant make headings different sizes from the body and word wrap doesnt even work when you try to manually center words with tab/space... the printed pages become a shit-stain with words all over the place

did microsoft make notepad so bad that it makes more people buy office word? if thats the case then they did a fucking good job at it because i feel like dropping 250$ for it

O.o the hell do i do?
    Notepad rocks, youre just using the wrong tool for the job.
    Every windows PC comes with both wordpad and notepad. If you read the description given (unsure of vista/xp show it, but 7 does) it says:
    Notepad: Creates and edits text files using basic text formatting.
    WordPad: Creates and edits text documents with complex formatting.

There are other, better alternatives too. OpenOffice, Notepad++, Word, and many others.

Anybody who actually codes in notepad is as crazy as anyone who uses it for word processing. Notepad++ is a very good free option in addition to what others have mentioned.

Yup, and pounding in a nail with a screwdriver is tough too. Seriously, you think this is some deficiency in Notepad? Why anyone would use Notepad to write an essay is beyond me (as well as the designers of the program). It's not meant for that, use the right tool for the job and quit whining about problems that don't exist (i.e., the problem is between the keyboard and the chair).

Okay, well, lots of great feedback. I mean that. So now I'm closing this thread.