Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    lol like the government can't shut down what ever they want. But if you allow corporation shut down stuff, well you are the consumer ... so your fault.
    Not really... considering we can't control them. Unless somehow everyone in the world boycotts the company and somehow drive them into the ground, it isn't going to happen.

Deleted
    If this travesty of a bill ever passes and becomes law, then we'll be seeing folks! dropping the internets like a hot potato. As sure as houses you can bet they already put up some sort of plan of action to combat ' darknet usage '. Also i think we all know that these moronic politicians lose sleep over what they cant control and anything that encourages the masses to think for themselves, then they actively try to stamp on it. Theyre just a bunch of twats =/

10+ Year Old Account

Stop ACTA petition

The newest threat from the global control of internet and spread of free speech and information, ACTA, is working along much like PIPA and SOTA.

Just like the other two, ACTA is an organisation aimming to control all information across the net, to view all that we watch all that we do and control that.

As a citizen of the euro (living in canada for half the year) I'm quite disgusted at the lack of support from european countries, many of them having signed for ACTA to pass, not caring that it is an company that wishes to silence free speech on the net.

I'm asking everyone to view the sites to vote no against ACTA, in the hopes it puts a stop to it like the other two.

http://www.stopacta.info/

10+ Year Old Account
    ACTA is not an orginization neither was sopa or pipa they are laws, however acta is a trade treaty nothing more, the only problem was when it was being developed and until it launched there was several denied freedom of information acts requested by unions.

The governments who signed the treaty would not talk about it publicly treaties are supposed to pass congress and be public.
    Would you let your government just sign a peace or land treaty without public consent? the law states you must pass a treaty through congress this acta did not.

However

Acta does fill a need to protect the nations who sign it from Counterfit goods.

Before acta it was a trade violation to block goods at your border, with acta its posible to stop fake handbags and dvds at the border.

There's more to it than that...

Acta will be restricting fundamental civil and digital rights. Including freedom of expression and communication privacy. Go read what the actual Law will be capable of.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Laws like these are called "open door laws" , they are "suppose to be for 1 thing" but often lead to other uses or often even have hidden meaning...they usually will word the laws in such a way, so later they can justify doing something almost entirely different than what it was originally intended for...or "open door laws" can pave the road for other laws, the new world order is right around the corner my friends!

I hope the ACTA petition does not set in motion. But I must warn people with facts of paramount importance. During the late 60's and early 70's Henry Kissinger
    wrote about a 'social network' system that the public would interrelate with and that the government would gain complete control eventually. Back in the 50's the government through the CIA would employ neighborhood
    spy's to observe actions of citizens. This may be quite outlandish for you accept as fact but the government needed data on all citizens, and needed citizen scouts to enter businesses and stake out street corners. When the internet came onto the
    scene, it became much easier for them to procure your private life.

My point is that the global power elite who run things from behind the scenes already had this SOPA and PIPA in their blueprint, nothing you see is by accident, it is all planned. We are given the misleading notion that ‘Hollywood’ wants to crack down copy write material. Do not be fooled by this as it is a pretext to control your thoughts and access to information. Any alternative view will be doctored or deleted from the free web, I guess you could compare this to the middle ages when the church suppressed the minds of their followers into believing the earth was flat and being the centre of the universe. We are approaching a totalitarian and fascist dictatorship that controls all aspects of life. For those of you who have read George Orwell’s 1984 you would be aware of Winston’s occupation, and that is to censor all information that is not ‘politically correct’. One can say 1984 is the blueprint for the utopian society the elites wish to control.

What I stress here my friends is that the power elite dot the I’s and cross the T’s with their agenda, and 95% of the time every move they make on the chessboard is timed perfectly to their will. In other words SOPA and PIPA will be put in play, all we can do is at the most is prolonging the action until it is finally implemented. They have planned this for over 40 years, and just like the design of the first two world wars written in the late 1800’s by Albert Pike (look it up) and the upcoming war with Iran just around the corner, it will be put into action. What I ask is that we have a mass rebellion on this issue, but people need to understand the magnitude of the situation, remember we are up against organizations that have predicted our movements. Now we need to make a peaceful assault and we will only triumph if the MASSES get involved. Write letters to your congress, get your friends family and neighbors too, every man and his dog should get involved so then we can face the global fascist dictators and respond to them with ‘checkmate’. I say this with sincerity of someone who has studied the global power elite and the chessboard we all play on for some number of years, WE NEED TO FIGHT BACK ON A GRAND SCALE, OUR CHILDREN'S FUTURE RELIES ON OUR RESILIENCE TO TYRANNY.

This needs to be stoped, our freedom is at stake, our last form of freedom i might add.

Deleted
    Already wrote a letter to a local MEP. Everyone should be doing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is disgusting what this actully represents. Using ignorence that these bills will be used to help protect something, when infact is borders on neo-nazism of that kind of control, no freedom of speech for anyone, unable to commune without big brother watching your every move.

So what can these bastards do. will they have rights to close websites as they wish if it goes against there views? Will they have rights to arrest people for interaction like on chat sites, forums or trading? Will it stop all forms of downloads and access to information without there rule passing?
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-01-31 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trafford View Post
    I hope the ACTA petition does not set in motion. But I must warn people with facts of paramount importance. During the late 60's and early 70's Henry Kissinger
    wrote about a 'social network' system that the public would interrelate with and that the government would gain complete control eventually. Back in the 50's the government through the CIA would employ neighborhood
    spy's to observe actions of citizens. This may be quite outlandish for you accept as fact but the government needed data on all citizens, and needed citizen scouts to enter businesses and stake out street corners. When the internet came onto the
    scene, it became much easier for them to procure your private life.

My point is that the global power elite who run things from behind the scenes already had this SOPA and PIPA in their blueprint, nothing you see is by accident, it is all planned. We are given the misleading notion that ‘Hollywood’ wants to crack down copy write material. Do not be fooled by this as it is a pretext to control your thoughts and access to information. Any alternative view will be doctored or deleted from the free web, I guess you could compare this to the middle ages when the church suppressed the minds of their followers into believing the earth was flat and being the centre of the universe. We are approaching a totalitarian and fascist dictatorship that controls all aspects of life. For those of you who have read George Orwell’s 1984 you would be aware of Winston’s occupation, and that is to censor all information that is not ‘politically correct’. One can say 1984 is the blueprint for the utopian society the elites wish to control.

What I stress here my friends is that the power elite dot the I’s and cross the T’s with their agenda, and 95% of the time every move they make on the chessboard is timed perfectly to their will. In other words SOPA and PIPA will be put in play, all we can do is at the most is prolonging the action until it is finally implemented. They have planned this for over 40 years, and just like the design of the first two world wars written in the late 1800’s by Albert Pike (look it up) and the upcoming war with Iran just around the corner, it will be put into action. What I ask is that we have a mass rebellion on this issue, but people need to understand the magnitude of the situation, remember we are up against organizations that have predicted our movements. Now we need to make a peaceful assault and we will only triumph if the MASSES get involved. Write letters to your congress, get your friends family and neighbors too, every man and his dog should get involved so then we can face the global fascist dictators and respond to them with ‘checkmate’. I say this with sincerity of someone who has studied the global power elite and the chessboard we all play on for some number of years, WE NEED TO FIGHT BACK ON A GRAND SCALE, OUR CHILDREN'S FUTURE RELIES ON OUR RESILIENCE TO TYRANNY.
    This is exact. Furthermore, everything you hear on the news has been put there for you to hear. The media is the 4th branch of the government. Open your eyes before you die people, turn off the TV and read, as this man clearly has.

Deleted
    tomorrow Europeans should go out and protest. Please do!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yam View Post
    You do realize that Europe is facing the biggest winter in ages? I mean where I live there's -20 degrees during day and it's a slightly southern and quite polluted city, I don't even want to think what people more north are facing with their -30! So here I am, signing petitions on net.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    You do realize that Europe is facing the biggest winter in ages? I mean where I live there's -20 degrees during day and it's a slightly southern and quite polluted city, I don't even want to think what people more north are facing with their -30! So here I am, signing petitions on net.
    i agree, ive signed many only petitions but i aint going outside to protest! brrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Yam View Post
    It is so... very... cold...

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm reading this correctly from
    http://www.international.gc.ca/trade...5-2011_eng.pdf

The draft from April 15-2011.

ARTICLE 10: OTHER REMEDIES
    1. At least with respect to pirated copyright goods and counterfeit trademark goods,
    each Party shall provide that, in civil judicial proceedings, at the right holder’s request,
    its judicial authorities have the authority to order that such infringing goods be
    destroyed, except in exceptional circumstances, without compensation of any sort.
    2. Each Party shall further provide that its judicial authorities have the authority to
    order that materials and implements, the predominant use of which has been in the
    manufacture or creation of such infringing goods, be, without undue delay and without
    compensation of any sort, destroyed or disposed of outside the channels of commerce in
    such a manner as to minimize the risks of further infringements.

3. A Party may provide for the remedies described in this Article to be carried out
    at the infringer’s expense.
    So they can destroy your computer because its a channel that causes the infringement...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Hi! It's -20 to -25 every morning here where I live atm. It's one day of your life and huge effect to the rest of your life if this domino falls. After 10 years I will be asking people "where were you when this shit started?" and that answer isn't enough. Get clothes or borrow them, bring hot tea with your friends and hug a lot - thats not much asked. But sure spam trough internet as it was the year 2012.

Oh wait...

with SOPA, PIPA and ACTA this seems oddly relevant

Related to copyrights here is one I haven't heard about until recently called TPP, Trans-Pacific Partnership. Its been in the works for at least a year while citizens have been kept in the dark about the full details, and a recent meeting for TPP at a hotel attempted to prevent TPP-related events from taking place during their meeting.

TPP draft
    Techdirt article on the hotel meeting

these bills are getting increasingly ridiculous. Next we'll just see them proposing to simply shut the entire internet off to fight piracy websites. >.>

I was told there was a large, red button in the white house, on the president's desk, next to "fire ze missiles", that does just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.