Wait, I thought LFR had a "If they can roll, suck to be you" policy?

I have seen so many posts on here and straight from blues themselves that there is a Free For All policy on LFR loot, specifically that if they can need it, and win it, tough luck if they DE it right in front of you of leave it on the boss's body.

So I did LFR a couple days ago on my Warrior, down Deathwing and Gurthalak dropped. 6 of us rolled need, one person rolled need then immediately left the raid.

Of course, he won the roll. I was second highest.

I was quite peeved, felt like venting and wrote a ticket explaining what's up and telling Blizzard to stop counting rolls from people who leave the raid before the rolling is over.

Oh well, I'm just letting off some frustration steam.

I log in today to find a mail with the standard copy paste "Looting issue, raid leader, ect" notice I get whenever I had looting issues soloing MC and the Gurthalak inside.

So basically, if any of you folks get an issue with some jerks rolling need on items then immediately leaving the raid just to be douchebags, put in a ticket, you might get helped out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm.. I shall try this, could you PM me the exact sentence you used in the ticket by any chance?

From every post I seen giving you the weapon went against Blizzard policy. The only loot intervention I have seen if loot getting left on the boss and the rightful owner getting it. Blizzard has stated multiple time that they will not change the loot winner.

If you are unfamiliar with our current stance, be aware that customer support does not intervene with loot disputes. This means that the rightful winner of a piece of gear in a Raid Finder group is the one who is sent the item by the distribution system. To maintain a level of fairness and equality in these matters, customer support will be unable to redistribute loot either as a result of a dispute or at the request of a player who wishes to swap the item to another. As the two-hour trade timer will still be applicable in these situations, players can swap items between themselves should they decide to do so.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3992150/ Under raid finder.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. deleted
    2. What? Did you get the item in the mail? What did the GM mail say for those of us unfamiliar with this standard notice?
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-01-22 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Not constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    1. Nit picking: That's not FFA loot.
    2. What? Did you get the item in the mail? What did the GM mail say for those of us unfamiliar with this standard notice?
    "Greetings XXXXXXX!

First I wanted to thank you for taking the time to talk to me today.

After personally looking into the issue, and sorting through some big bags here in the back room, it looks like I was able to find your Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps and it's waiting for you in the mail this very second!"

That's the ticket response, the in game mail response says along the lines of looting issues with the raid master, it's a copy paste that I have recieved getting Sulfuron Ingots restored from MC as well as getting a transmog dagger restored after a looting issue in Mana Tombs, so it's a standard paste considering soloing Mana Tombs has no raid leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    1. Nit picking: That's not FFA loot.
    That's a very valid point that I don't think is nit-picky.

In the context of WoW, Free-for-all as a term has a very specific meaning that is inherently defined inside the game interface itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    That's a very valid point that I don't think is nit-picky.

In the context of WoW, Free-for-all as a term has a very specific meaning that is inherently defined inside the game interface itself.
    It's nit picking because the OP just miscapitalized "Free For All" indicating the actual FFA loot system vs free for all loot style (everyone for him/herself). Based on the rest of the post, the OP probably meant the later.

EDIT: And now that I type this out, I realize that posting that was against the forum rules.

Deleted
    It's odd how some GMs react rather than other.

GMs usually mention something along the lines of; loot issues should be handled by the players themselves. Which is horribly hard in LFG since if a person from another server rolls need and then leaves, there's nothing to discuss anymore. Upon mentioning this to GMs I got some items I didn't win with the roll.