Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[TV] Things I've learned from watching House

Okay okay so I watch a lot of TV while I play wow and recently I've started watching House. I'm on season 2 and I've got to say I really don't see why people like this show, pretty much every episode is exactly the same. Does it get better or is it just not my cup of tea? I mean, seriously, here are the common themes I've picked up so far

1. Its always clotting
    2. Good doctors can, and WILL break into your house
    3. Every patient needs a lumbar puncture and an MRI
    4. Its never clotting
    5. Grand mal seizures are a symptom of, well, pretty much everything
    6. Its always cancer
    7. If your doctor kills you 2-3 times it means hes ON THE RIGHT TRACK
    8. Its never cancer

I mean, thats pretty much it, right? I think I'm ready to be a doctor.
    Last edited by skeebopshapow; 2012-01-12 at 10:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really like House but I kinda agree with you. But then again.. you need to examine the patients and there's only so many ways to get anything useful, right ?
    If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people - Dr. Gregory House

of course because only liars and dirtbags visit hospitals and nobody ever really wants medical help

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skeebopshapow View Post
    of course because only liars and dirtbags visit hospitals and nobody ever really wants medical help
    This "everybody lies" more or less dies out in season 2 or 3 if that's what's bothering you. But all in all, the series doesn't change much before season 7.
    If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people - Dr. Gregory House

10+ Year Old Account
    Or when your doctor leaves the room, you know he is going to pop some pills and come back either really happy or overly aggressive
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

15+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like it, why watch it? There are tons of tv-shows out there that are exactly the same (the way you mean it) on each episode. One big example would be all criminal shows. Some bad guy did something and now you have to catch him.

Not a fan of Hospital shows (Except Scrubs q: ) or criminal shows( CSI,NCIS etc) its just too repetitive every episode. The Best series i've ever watched is Lost, but its not everyones cup of tea. it just falls down to taste.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its never TB
    dont bring a camera into the patient's room. a new symptom will result from it
    you will always find the answers when having normal conversations

Also, sexual harassment is A-okay as long as you can successfully guess a diagnosis after the 4th or 5th attempt. JUST BEFORE the patient dies.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao, I never understood why they were in the patients houses. Doctors don't go searching around in your backyard, they expect your loved ones to come up with the clues.

Deleted
    It's just CSI in a hospital really, but the person that is House is just so good. It's constantly ethics vs non-ethics, moral vs immoral etc.

That and for some reason they think the patients all have Lupus, while as far as I know it's a disease that very very rarely occurs.

10+ Year Old Account
    My wife loved this show until the most recent season, I have never really cared for it for many reasons, mostly because of the happily breaking into every patients house fetish.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

What I've learned is that intelligent people figure things out by staring at objects and having an epiphany from something completely unrelated.

Every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Lupus (how was this not said yet?)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's lupus.

Deleted
    Rofl. Fun stuff.

Never EVER hold a conversation in a patient's room while not focusing your attention on them. It will result in a seizure and/or bleeding from various places.

Deleted
    I only really watch house to see his funny remarks and watch him undermine his assistants.

Hey there,

House is a medical show, but, the reason to fall in love does not lie with the fact that someone has cancer and that the doctors do not know what it is. What you should love about the show is the in depth character structure.

I won't spoil it, but try not to focus on the repetitiveness, if you want spontaneous, random bits of drama, maybe soap operas are more your style.

Also - a true HOUSE fan knows that it's NEVER lupis.

You're forgetting the most important two:

They're having an affair.

Everybody lies.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.