Trion and Rift in 2012

Here is a nice interview with Scott Hartsman about Trions plans for 2012.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...12.html/page/1

Trion is an awesome company and theyve brought so much to us in only 10 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice catch, surprised to see a lot of positive comments from readers, MMORPG isn't exactly a den of Saints

Still, they made Rift the number one game atm with a current user rating of 8.3 so i'll let them off this time
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2012-01-20 at 08:13 PM. Reason: typo

lol aint that the truth

They are also looking into ways to have open PvP that is not simply faction based.
    Open world PVP ala GW2? Cause I can't think what else that might be. But at the end of the paragraph Scott said that was stuff down the road. So we may not see it for awhile. Still sounds promising though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Nice catch, surprised to see a lot of positive comments from readers, MMORPG isn't exactly a den of Saints

Still, they made Rift the number one game atm with a current user rating of 8.3 so i'll let them off this time
    It's no surprise actually. Trion has quite a good reputation.
    Even if I didn't like Rift when I first tried it, I was impressed by the overall quality.
    Since then I have seen news about Rift here and there and you really get the feeling Trion actually cares about its customers.
    And that's a quality that's getting hard to get by nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    hopefully it stay stable and lasts for these to be implemented, i hate seeing good content go down drain

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    Open world PVP ala GW2? Cause I can't think what else that might be. But at the end of the paragraph Scott said that was stuff down the road. So we may not see it for awhile. Still sounds promising though.
    The world pvp rifts, when they're activated, really draw out the factions. It feels like Southshore from Vanilla WoW...

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    The world pvp rifts, when they're activated, really draw out the factions. It feels like Southshore from Vanilla WoW...
    Yeah, I have said this before but world PvP is great in RIFT. I love Wednesdays, when the weekly PvP Rift quest resets, everyone comes out to get it done and the battles are immense It is just like old SS vs TM in vanilla WoW, back and forth, even across zones. There are players on the enemy team that I will go out of my way to kill, and vice versa I think. You see old enemies and there are definitely vendettas

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't mind RIFT remaining smaller, bigger doesn't always mean better look at all the toxicity that Blizz has experienced by growing too big too fast.

There is something to be said for not being the go-to game for MMO players. Then again, a larger player base does improve the likelihood of more features and more money for the company to reinvest with... in a perfect world lol.