Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    Because.. I get to kill them? really there is a VAST difference. With one you have trolls / ass hats that chain pull and leave and berate you endlessly for no other reason than to get there jollies. Its the abusive behavior that comes with it that degrades the community, no thanks. Again.. and I dont understand how people miss out on this.. GUILDS ARE YOUR LFG TOOL IN PVE. Is it really that hard to understand or.. like so many have mentioned each time you do a group friend these people or.. oh I dont know..actually be social and talk to them and you will build a pool of people to group with.. you know community? I think people simply have forgotten what the MMO part of a MMO is.
    Guilds are your LFG tool in PvP with the same logic. In fact it´s even more so since a premade PvP group with voicecom simply destroys opposing random groups while even a bad PvE random group will usually succeed in a flashpoint after a few wipes.

I still read people swooning over how awesome WoWs PvP community was after release where you knew your enemies and every match was hard-fought.
    Yet nowadays LFG Tools are somehow perfectly accepted in PvP but are the absolute evil in PvE.

A non-cross-server LFD system that didn't port you right into the dungeon would be welcome with me. If its not cross server, if someone sucks, you just know not to run with them again, then content doesn't have to be nerfed to deal with fail pugs in LFD. If it doesn't port you into the dungeon, you still have to move from your AFK spot, not that most dungeons are hard to get to anyways. We have had decent success using /who to fill in spots though with people with LFG comments there though.
    Last edited by Ztup; 2012-01-26 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    So long as it didn't go cross server I wouldn't mind - The PvP queue system works fine, and as you're grouped with people from the same server you get to know names/players.

For me personally, it's the cross server part of the "LFG" tool that spoils it, not the tool itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Main reason I quit SWTOR was the lack of a dungeon finder and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    Let me just start off by saying, thank god, because no one will miss you with that attitude. World of Warcraft spoiled you and now you pay the price. Good riddance.

Now, on to the matter at hand. The idea of looking for group/dungeon tool is a good one. But it created this massive amount of lazy for everyone who couldn't even be bothered to find the dungeons entrance in the first place (For those of you who played the first few months of cataclysm). Not only do I think the implementation of this into World of Warcraft was a horrible mistake, but going beyond it and rewarding players for completing the dungeons without leaving was even worse. Specially for tanks and healers who could just instantly requeue again, get another maybe better maybe worse group and do it all over again depending on what happened.

The ideal group of people we wanna call "pro", that can go straight into a dungeon, know what they are doing, know the boss mechanics without anyone asking, have good communication and kill everything in record time - Only exists inside small groups of friends and guilds with the right mentality. People don't care about being good at a game anymore and they don't care if they fail. I'll give you an example that I recently ran across.

I play an Operative in Medicine. I was asked to join Black Talon with a full group of people around level 14. After much agony we managed to clear trash up until, what I like to call, The "It's a Trap!" Boss, just because he looks like the admiral. Now I thought to myself "Well, I hope these guys know that fire is bad" - but surprise surprise, standing in fire drones apparently means standing on the edge of a rainbow watching a unicorn leaping over it and I just missed the memo. Not only did we wipe 4-5 times, even with my explanation of "Don't stand in the fire", these guys didn't even bother to respond and just kept doing their own thing and I ended up leaving after about half an hour to do my laundry because I would rather do that, than stay in the group.

In the words of Yathzee, excuuuuuuuUUUUUuuuuuuse me for trying to help you guys out so we can finish the instance and move along. I realize SWTOR is still rather fresh from the box, but everyone knows fire is bad and if people can't even do this at level 10-15... You know where I'm going with this.

I know there's always gonna be a few bad apples out there, ruining the game experience for others because they simply "cannot be arsed" to do a little research on how to play their character or bother to read the tooltips of their spells so they at least know what to use and when to use it. Those are the players I don't wanna end up with. That's why I don't do LFD in WoW without at least 2-3 guild mates and why I only log on to raid half the time. Because I simply cannot stand the people who die to stupid and easy mechanics, which are EXTREMELY easy to spot might I add.

At least by grouping up via the chat, you talk to people, you communicate and you don't just be silent and do your designated role.

Blimey that was quite the rant. So I guess TL;DR would be, no, please no, don't put in a LFG tool. I understand the people who wants this, but honestly, it would ruin the game for me personally and probably for a lot of others as well. I didn't play SWTOR to play another version of WoW. I play it because it's an amazing piece of craftsmanship in the MMO genre. I don't play SWTOR because I wanna play an easy game where you get free purple pixel with every step you take.
    Last edited by mmoc23aaccaf4a; 2012-01-26 at 02:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Guilds are your LFG tool in PvP with the same logic. In fact it´s even more so since a premade PvP group with voicecom simply destroys opposing random groups while even a bad PvE random group will usually succeed in a flashpoint after a few wipes.

I still read people swooning over how awesome WoWs PvP community was after release where you knew your enemies and every match was hard-fought.
    Yet nowadays LFG Tools are somehow perfectly accepted in PvP but are the absolute evil in PvE.
    I would absolutely agree with you and much prefer to go with and usually do a guild group. However my point was that there are far more opportunities for the LFG trolls to ruin the experience for the PVE than there is for the PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Now I know the big argument is IT KILLS COMMUNITY (which i personally believe is bs but that's another debate) so in order to counter this simply limit it to your server
    LFG didn't kill the community in WoW, but it did change it. Personally I think it changed it in the matter that the community became more aimed at casuals wich is not necessarily a bad thing. That said however I didn't see the same kind of "server pride" that existed in vanilla and TBC in wotlk or cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I raid with my guild, I won't bother them every time to run a flashpoint for me because I want to gear my alt. There is no reason people can still talk to each other and make groups themselves if a LFG tool is implemented there just is no good argument against it specially if its server-wide.
    But thats YOUR choice not a fact. We help our guildies, yes even there alts... and that no good argument thing.. yeah I think you missed out on the HORRIBLE trolls that come with that tool part of the post. Yep looks like a good argument and reason to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    i have no problem on my server finding a group for anything so no its not required
    The problem is that not everyone is as lucky as you. While you may have no problem finding groups, others can stand around doing nothing for hours while trying to get one, and with no luck in the end. I can't say whether it needs it or not, there are just different aspects to the problem.

They need to add it and here is why.

I spent well over an hour last night trying to find a group for mand raiders/cademimu while sending my companionis on crafting missions.

After an hour my buddy came on (he is level 50) and said hey lets run cademimu, so we duo'd it. I suspect this is the issue, esp for lower level stuff, people just have their higher level friends/guildies run them through.

The problem with "destroying the community" is complete and utter horse shit. Instead of grouping and meeting people, they just have a select few friends/guildies run them through. How is that reaching out to the community? Its like the clique in highschool that only hangs out with each other. Unless you are in one of those cliques you are fucked. Except SWTOR is not required, where highschool is required.

It is really hard to go make friends when those people are just staying within their clique. Adding a LFD tool (I am 100% inclinded to keep it same server only) will actually make it easier to make new friends. Also sitting in Fleet spamming is tedious and boring... things a video game should avoid like the plague imo.

This is my opinion, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I'm on a heavy server and despite 200 online at the Imperial Fleet I couldn't get a group for any of the 20-30 Flashpoints after trying for an hour!
    Stopped there, exaggerating to make a point just makes your complaint invalid as I'd assume you over exaggerated further on to.

Deleted
    LFG tool that is limited to your server only is the way to go tbh. but for the time being they dont want to have a lfg tool yet

Deleted
    Ok what some guys did on our server is opened /lfg channel and i always find group and aswell if you are DPS dont wait for group to pop make 1 i do 3-4 of those in one evening whne i decide to go tanks or healer wont be searching for one they will wait for one (lazy bastards)

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 02:20 PM ----------

oh and destroying community YES Dungeon finder does destroys comunnity when was last time when you even sad a word in wow when joined dungeon ? or even had conversation with people ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    whats wrong with chatting to your fellow gamers rather than recreate the silent wow df groups where no one says anything and you never see the people again.
    Because I don't play games to sit around in communal chat channels that spam nonstop garbage while I grind my teeth in search of a dungeon group for an hour.

I play to have fun. Being forced to sit in one spot and do nothing to advance myself while assembling a group is far less fun than jumping in a queue, going off and doing something constructive either in game or IRL for a bit, then zoning into a dungeon when it pops up.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt have a problem with LFG/LFD if its server only once it goes cross server the game will be in decline look what happened to wow lfd goes in and you never see anyone running anything as a server group im sorry but if thats what you want go back to wow im more then happy the way things are now in SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    But thats YOUR choice not a fact. We help our guildies, yes even there alts... and that no good argument thing.. yeah I think you missed out on the HORRIBLE trolls that come with that tool part of the post. Yep looks like a good argument and reason to me.
    Horrible trolls? How would you know you haven't even tried the LFG tool on SWTOR I have never grouped with a troll so bad that even after kicking him it would ruin my experience in WoW. Since you're talking about MY CHOICE let's talk about YOUR choice how about YOU keep going to dungeons with your guild after they implement the LFG tool how woudl that affect you? Right it wouldn't so wtf is the problem? Also do you honestly believe everyone is in a guild so nice they would spend 3+ hours a day gearing your alts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not oppose a dungeon finder as long as it was server only. There are far too many planet and loading screens for me to wonder around the galaxy looking for a group when my guild is offline. This would allow people to meet new people and would be a great way to enhance the server community.

If this has to be cross-server though I'd oppose it...I've seen that go down a dark road.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

If they make it...

1) It has to remain server-wide. Cross-server was mentioned strictly for PvP if queue times became an issue.
    2) It cannot, for the love of god, have the teleport-to-flashpoint system in it. Let it help make the group, but you still gotta haul your ass off to your respective Fleet (which every planet has a quick-access to it anyways...)
    3) Has to respect players /ignore lists, on not grouping them with ignored players (and that needs to apply to PvP too, too many people that sit idle in games, and get to collect, for DAYS, despite dozens of reports a day on them).

Quote Originally Posted by Shabster View Post
    Ok what some guys did on our server is opened /lfg channel and i always find group and aswell if you are DPS dont wait for group to pop make 1 i do 3-4 of those in one evening whne i decide to go tanks or healer wont be searching for one they will wait for one (lazy bastards)

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 02:20 PM ----------

oh and destroying community YES Dungeon finder does destroys comunnity when was last time when you even sad a word in wow when joined dungeon ? or even had conversation with people ?
    The only reason people talk in chat or go to teamspeak when doing Flashpoints is because most of the time not everyone already knows what to do in that Flashpoint because the game is NEW. Trust me once everyone does stuff automaticly like in WoW then people will join a group go afk 'till it's full and then finish the dungeons without saying a word

15+ Year Old Account
    i've kinda gotten to a point on my server where im known as a great tank for heroics and ops and have a friends list of reliable dps and heals very rarely do i come across a moment where i cant get a group seeing as my guild is slow leveling and its driving me bat shit crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    I will give up on MMOs if SWTOR ever puts in a looking for baddies system or nerf the outdoor "HEROIC +X" missions.

That will tell me, they are in it for the quick cash and not a quality game.

This kind of thinking, destroyed the videogame market in the early 80's and it's really working on destroying MMOs, atm.
    Heh, he's acting like TOR is hard or something, most things in that game can be solo'd by people already. Also, you're going to get baddies whether or not you use an LFG system. The only thing is you can't kick and replace on the spot like in an LFG system.