Thread: Holiday Events

Holiday Events

I have to admit, I was a big fan of the seasonal events that WoW and other games have hosted over the years. Lotro just ended their winter festival and it has me wondering if we will see anything similar in The Old Republic. Do you think we will ever see a "Life Day*" (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Life_day) holiday event? I never played Star Wars Galaxies, but some quick searching shows they did actually have a Life Day celebration. Awesome. Is there any other mention of holidays in the cannon of Star Wars that Bioware can use for future events?

*If you ever get a chance to see the Star Wars Holiday special, I can't really recommend you watch it. It's really, really bad. But it's so bad it sometimes reaches into the realm of hilarious and fun. Watch at your own risk.

Deleted
    I can't really see such events fitting into SWTOR both lore wise and gameplay wise

Just watched that holiday special holy god was that bad lol

but I do agree. We should celebrate life day!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    an anniversary on december 20th is plenty.

I cba to look it up but they stated they would have Star Wars holidays not irl holiday. Someone on these forums might know what these are.
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.

would be nice to see but low on the priority list. would rather see better in-house testers and premade/copy characters for ptr so live servers don't end up being subscription based beta testing. speaking of which, let's hope soa drops loot this week. ticket we sent in last week said tough shit more or less. which caused a tank and healer to unsub. well, that and the dozens of other bugs we enjoy while raiding/instancing.

Tapani sector holidaysEdit
    Expansion Week came just before the upper class Capital Season. It fell between the months of Selona and Telona.
    Harvest Day was first observed by the original settlers of the sector. The exact origins of the holiday are have been lost over time, but it was believed that the settlers traditionally commemorated the time of harvesting their crops on this day. In later years, it was simply a day off from work. Harvest Day fell between the months of Yelona and Relona on the Tapani local calendar.
    Productivity Day fell between the months of Nelona and Helona.
    Tapani Day was held annually just after the month of Kelona, and before the month of Selona.
    Shelova Week was a traditional Herglic holiday that celebrated commerce and family, two things which are interrelated to the Herglic race. Shelova Week was a time to exchange gifts, make new business alliances, discuss trade arrangements, and spend time with family members. As the Human population of Tapani Sector began interacting with the Herglics, they too began celebrating the holiday, although many Humans simply take vacation instead of also developing business partnerships. On the Tapani local calendar, Shelova Week fell between the months of Helona and Melona.
    Winter Fete was a holiday which originally marked the winter equinox on the planet Pelagon. The settlers there were the first to celebrate Winter Fete, and when they began settling other planets in the sector, the holiday went with them. Over time, the holiday was modified to coincide with Coruscant's Fete Week. In the Galactic Civil War-era Tapani local calendar, Winter Fete fell on the very last week of the year, following the month of Welona.
    Independence Week in the Freeworlds Region within Tapani sector was from 10th of Relona through the 15th. It celebrated the Freeworlds separation from the Expanse.
    Other HolidaysEdit
    Life Day was a Wookiee holiday celebrated on Kashyyyk.
    Mofat was a Polneye month or season. Platt Mallar reported that the Yevethan attack on Polneye took place on the 40th day of Mofat.
    Month of Plenty was a Weequay holy season that honored the moon god Quay. Temples on the planet Sriluur which were dedicated to Quay had an open skylight in their roof which allowed Weequay priests to track the moon's progress during this month.
    Thulpin was the name of the summer growing season on the planet Draenell's Point. It lasted about 14 standard months, making up about a fourth of the planet's long year.
    Boonta Eve on Tatooine.
    Carnival Week, a patriotic Imperial holiday on Coruscant.
    Cordel Cove Winter Carnival on Neftali, celebrating the ice planet's natural beauty.
    Republic Day, annual event celebrating the foundation of the Galactic Republic.
    Empire Day, annual event celebrating the foundation of the Galactic Empire.
    Harvest Day was an annual festival celebrated in the city of Mos Eisley on Tatooine.

These are the one i could find ion the wiki that they could do. The post that they were doing Star Wars holidays was on the old forums before the wipe.
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.