Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I loved Too Human.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Star Wars: Republic Commando was awesome.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Silicon Valley for N64, you were a robot who crashes your ship into a space zoo populated by robot animals. In the crash your robot body gets smashed and only your mind remains in a cpu chip. You can inhabit the body of any single animal you find there to achieve your goals. Rocket foxes, turtle tanks and polar bear half tracks to name a few.

The ArmA series. It's too "hardcore" for most since it's not a run and gun FPS like COD, BF or Halo.

Deleted
    For me it's Total Annihilation, my favourite RTS of all time. Great multi-player and the customization was revolutionary at the time (1997)

10+ Year Old Account
    Another one is Ogre Battle 64

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anexis View Post
    For me it's Total Annihilation, my favourite RTS of all time. Great multi-player and the customization was revolutionary at the time (1997)
    Really have to agree with this, ive spent hours and hours playing that game, i installed it again recently and modded the heck out of it (the ammount of mods out there for it is insane) definately one of my favorite RTS's of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonX7 View Post
    Infinite Undiscovery - RPG for xbox 360, loved the heck out of the game
    Beautiful game, full of emotional moments, with a really solid story. The core characters fully transform over the course of the game (especially Capell and his descent into chaos) and the ending sequence is tragic.

It's probably, hands down, the single most underrated JRPG of this console series simply because of a bad opening sequence. The rest of the game flows beautifully and the combat system is easy to pick up and enjoyable.

~~~~~

NES - The Guardian Legend. Combine an actual plot, Zelda style top-down mechanics AND flying missions akin to Zanac, difficult mini-bosses, lots of power ups, and boss fights that would make you pull your hair out. Music is really well done (like a lot of NES titles because they relied on creativity and not random underscore to set a scene) and I'm really, really sad that the sequel never made it into production because the company went under.

NES - Ninja Gaiden (any!). These kids today and their fangled heroic raids. Go play a few of these games (first console games I EVER remember having cutscenes with very little ENGRISH) and welcome to premature baldness. In my day, we got our asses handed to us by eagles and we LIKED it.

SNES - Terranigma. Absolutely fantastic RPG. It was never released in the US (for some reason) but there's a PAL version you can buy or find. I think De-Jap has also released their own version.

SNES - Actraiser. SIM meets sidescroller. Win music (Koichi Sugiyama "Dragon Quest") combined with solid gameplay. Not overly difficult and just fun to play. The sequel's shit, but the first is excellent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon Keeper. Spectacular game, I can't remember if it was what you'd call underrated at the time it came out, but it seems to have faded from the memories of many of today's gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy X-2. There I said it. The story was meh and it reeked of girly girlness, but the amazing combat made up for it ^_^

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

The two games that I always wish I could get other people to try are "The Legend of Dragoon" (PS1) and "Battle Tanx: Global Assault" (N64)

Legend of Dragoon is tied with Baldur's Gate 1 for coolest story ever imo, and Battle Tanx is my favorite fps. It had almost infinite cusotmization and you couldn't min/max your team.

They're probably the only games I've put more total hours into than WoW, which is a massive feat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing Trine 2 lately, and I dont know if its under rated, but almost no one has ever heard of it or seen it. Yet its a really beautiful side scrolling fantasy game with a fun story.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Phantom Dust, for Xbox "vanilla". That game has a godlike design and deserves a PvP based game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    X3, herd people talk shit about how it was just a shity singleplayer eve clone and it turned out to be amazing. Spent many a weekend in my barracks doing stuff on it.
    Was thinkin about gettin this, guess I'll have to go for it.

---------- Post added 2012-01-30 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jagang View Post
    The two games that I always wish I could get other people to try are "The Legend of Dragoon" (PS1) and "Battle Tanx: Global Assault" (N64)

Legend of Dragoon is tied with Baldur's Gate 1 for coolest story ever imo, and Battle Tanx is my favorite fps. It had almost infinite cusotmization and you couldn't min/max your team.

They're probably the only games I've put more total hours into than WoW, which is a massive feat.
    Oh shiz, BattleTanx! Used to play that all the time with my friends! BRB emulator...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    secret weapons over normandy

naval ops warship gunner

monster rancher
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2012-01-30 at 07:34 PM.

Gex: Enter the Gecko.

SUPER MEAT BOY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Lost Odyssey. Kaim is a badass.
    This! Lost Odyssey has the most compelling storyline of any game I have played, and is easily my favorite RPG of this generation. Additionally, Skies of Arcardia and Golden Sun were two very good RPGS that a lot of gamers missed out on. Also Final Fantasy 9. It never gets the love of the rest of the series, but I think it is one of the best. The return to the medieval world and old school classes, plus the last one with a world map, and tons of side quests. Fixing mognet, becoming a S rank treasure hunter, finding the old man his 3 coffees, and a multitude of other side quests really add hours to the game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Alan Wake and Command and Conquer: Renegade are definatly very underrated games that I've played.

Back when Renegade got released, I showed the game to some friends, and they were stunned at how much fun the multiplayer was. Its really sad people barely knew this game, if only it was more popular its legacy could've lived on
    New Renegade was just released

10+ Year Old Account
    katawa shouju

Darksiders. Has like a low 80% average, yet it is one of my favorite xbox360 games of all time.