Enabling/Disabling Addons

I am having an odd issue on my main character. All of a sudden I am not able to enable or disable any addons(through addon control panel and at the login screen) on one character. However, I still have this control on all of my other characters and any new characters I create.

Has anybody experienced a similar issue or have any suggestions on how to go about fixing this?

Check write-protection of

wow\wtf\account\<account>\<server>\<Char>\AddOns.txt

and the folders
    --
    The cataclysm broke the world ... and the pandas could not fix it!

Thanks for the response, I checked the file path and it is not marked as read-only. The other files in the folder are also not listed as read-only and they share the same permissions as my other characters folders.

Edit:

The text in AddOns.txt for what is enabled and disabled does not match what is enabled and disabled on my login screen.
    Last edited by Renton; 2012-01-29 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    Which OS are you running?

I am using Windows 7 Home Edition.

Take a look at another place then ... sth like

user\public\games\wow
    --
    The cataclysm broke the world ... and the pandas could not fix it!

Deleted
    Check:
    C:\Users\%username%\appdata\local\virtualstore

For an equivalent folder path to your WoW path. If one exists, see if the addon enabled/disabled settings there match the settings displayed in your client. If so, move your WoW folder out of C:\Program Files (or a similar protected location) to something along the lines of flat C: or another partition altogether.

Treeston, I have exactly what you described. A WTF folder and settings for my main character which match the enabled/disabled addons upon login. Is the only solution to move the WoW folder all together? I am not well educated on what the virtualstore is but can I not delete these files and have it default to the original path?
    Last edited by Renton; 2012-01-29 at 11:21 PM.

Deleted
    You can try deleting them and maybe it will revert back, I'm not sure on the exact mechanics of how it works (and why it doesn't work as it should with WoW). However, I'd still strongly recommend moving the WoW folder somewhere else and then copying the VirtualStore folder over your WoW folder (after backing up the WoW folder's overwritten files).

Treeston, I followed your advice and I am able to enable/disable my add ons now. Thank you very much for the help!