Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Why drawing things off the Armory can lead to issues:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...evyne/advanced

Check the ICC timeline. Check the recent activity. Do the math.

Can't get more blatant about it: lack of data is a lack of data.
    Yep everything looks... perfectly fine. You have 7 TEN man Valithira rescues and 1 TWENTY-FIVE man Valithira rescue which = the 8 shown in the normal ICC section. Same with the other bosses. Normal = 10+25 normal despite the fact that they were different back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyrial View Post
    Yep everything looks... perfectly fine. You have 7 TEN man Valithira rescues and 1 TWENTY-FIVE man Valithira rescue which = the 8 shown in the normal ICC section. Same with the other bosses. Normal = 10+25 normal despite the fact that they were different back then.
    Hint: I had more 25man Dreamwalker rescues than 1.
    Hint: Check my Cata dungeon history, too. Isn't it wonderful when you downed the heroic bosses in December, and come May you dinged them for the first time.

Point is you're trusting in a system that actually loses data.

Well it sounds like we need to find out what it doesn't scan, to compare it to WoWCensus' accuracy. It's got something right however because it's listing Illidan as the fullest server in the game (horde) which I can vouch for. You can't have 2 feet of personal space on Illidan in Orgrimmar. So why is WoW Census not accurate in this case? I'd say knowing the fullest server in the game is a pretty important (and easy) statistic for a census site. That alone is severely discrediting WoW Census to me.

Also WoW Census shows Tichondrius as the fullest Alliance server, another one I can personally vouch for since I have three 90's there. This realm is deader than shit, it's a ghost town and nothing more than a shadow of it's former glory from Wotlk. There is NO way Tich is the fullest Alliance server. And RealmPoP supports my assumption, showing Tich as #4 Alliance. Yes, that's still high but realize I am used to always playing on full servers and I am sensitive to how a server's AH reacts or how much time it takes to find arena partners or how populated the major city is during peak raiding hours. I know when a server has lost several guilds just from feeling, before I even ask. Now RealmPoP is showing Stormrage(PvE) as the fullest alliance server but PvE servers are not an option to me so I will go with #2 Kel'thuzad PvP and roll a new character there. I'll be back with some insight.

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    http://wow.realmpop.com/

I stumbled upon this little gem while browsing the Undermine Journal last night. It seems about 100x more accurate than any other census tool I've ever seen. Here's the description from the site:
    Since they only account for people in guilds it can not be considered accurate at all.

None of those sites are even close with server combines.

Quote Originally Posted by Viizor View Post
    None of those sites are even close with server combines.
    A wild necromancer appears!!!!!!

It counts every character that's in a guild, whether the guild is active or not.

Case in point. My brother has a guild on Illidan where he & my old 2nd account were the only members. He quit shortly after Cata launched and I closed that 2nd account sometime in April or May of 2012. On realmpop I can still see all the characters in that guild.

There is zero activity in that guild, the accounts have been closed for 1 1/2 to 2 years yet all those characters are still listed on realmpop.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/il...Lockout_Kings/
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

10+ Year Old Account
    An excellent time to close this and I'll tell you why: With the new combined realms coming into being--albeit slowly but whatever--things like realmpop are going to need to make some serious changes to be relevant at all. That and this is a necro from a thread started well over a year ago.

In any case, no harm, no foul on the necro but the thread is outdated by a great degree. And it's true that realmpop does not (or didn't last I looked) count characters unaffiliated with guilds.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-12-01 at 12:20 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."