Thread: GW2 Peripherals

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post

My next mouse(if the price is right)
    I thought this was a joke. :S
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I thought this was a joke. :S
    Why because it looks awesome?

Why because it looks awesome?
    Gosh...if someone actually bought me that...... >.>
    Tacky in the utter extreme imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point of that mouse is that the sides/top/etc are adjustable, so you can make it fit your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    The point of that mouse is that the sides/top/etc are adjustable, so you can make it fit your hand.
    Aye it's a good gaming mouse...
    but to me it just looks like a kid's cool new toy car or something o.0 I'm sure it does what it's supposed to rly well though Just not my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    This is the set up I use. I have over 200 macros/keybinds.
    and it is one of the greatest set ups ever.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zirbs View Post
    I'm left handed as well, however I've always used right-handed peripherals, and I've never felt hindered. I suppose if you always used a left-handed mouse, you might feel differently. But with all the different computers I end up having to use with my job, and in places other than my home, I'd hate to be dependent on a lefty-mouse.
    I know what you mean. I'm not really 'dependent' on a lefty mouse, it's just my comfort zone. At uni/college or a mates house I can easily use a right handed mouse but I just prefer a normal mouse.

This is the one I use though: http://www.mycybersport.com/images/s...Kone_Kova3.jpg nice cheap and cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    In WOTLK, during ICC raids, I was kitty druid and I was almost always 1st on the dps list, as a clicker, without saurfang trinket. Now, I've started using bindings more thanks to other games actually only working that way, but people saying that bindings are the only way to go are a bit short-sighted imo.
    Not going to turn this into a LOL CLICKER NOOB fest but my best friend clicked when he played. We used to do MC/BWL in vanilla and raided / arena'd in most of TBC. He was a very good player and clicked; probably the best clicker I knew to be honest. Saying that he played in windowed mode and at least once a week there'd be a cry on ventrilo or skype of.

"OH MY GOD I CLICKED MY START BAR FFS!" or "DAMN I CLICKED ON X IN TOP RIGHT :@" It was rather funny but annoying when we were doing high rated 2v2. Now he uses keybindings for the most part and he always says "I wish I learnt to use keybindings earlier, it's so much more efficient and faster."

I only click when I'm sat back and soloing something. If I am playing properly I could never personally click as it just feels so slow in comparison.

Rebind A+D to strafe thus making me unable to turn by any means other than the mouse.
    Rebind Q+E to skill 6 and 7.
    Keep skills 1-5 bound to 1-5
    Bind R to 8.
    Bind < and V to skills 9 and 10.
    Keep ventrilo bound on F.

This also leaves Z,X and C open for binding whateverface I want.
    Worked wonders in all MMOs so far, never had to let go of wasd even for a splitsecond.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Aye it's a good gaming mouse...
    but to me it just looks like a kid's cool new toy car or something o.0 I'm sure it does what it's supposed to rly well though Just not my taste.
    It looks like a transformer to me. Would be interesting to try it. I don't really hold the mouse in my hand, so much as rest my fingertips on it and kinda pat it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    It looks like a transformer to me. Would be interesting to try it. I don't really hold the mouse in my hand, so much as rest my fingertips on it and kinda pat it around.
    Lol...spoken like a charr playing with a mouse

I have a question for all standard keyboard casters out there. (this is assuming you use wasd to move) Say you have a spell bound to ether "F" or "5" and you need to be moving right when casting spells (pressing D). In this case I'd assume you shift your entire hand right so that you are pressing "F" with your pointer finger and "D" with your middle finger. This doesn't cause you to occasionally mess up and try use your esdf as your wasd? Or do you have some way to do this without needing to shift your hand?

Quote Originally Posted by masterpiece View Post
    I have a question for all standard keyboard casters out there. (this is assuming you use wasd to move) Say you have a spell bound to ether "F" or "5" and you need to be moving right when casting spells (pressing D). In this case I'd assume you shift your entire hand right so that you are pressing "F" with your pointer finger and "D" with your middle finger. This doesn't cause you to occasionally mess up and try use your esdf as your wasd? Or do you have some way to do this without needing to shift your hand?
    I normally have my middle finger resting on D and not S because I don't backpedal

I normally have my middle finger resting on D and not S because I don't backpedal
    I just tried that, it feels funny.
    I rest my middle finger on W, even though I use my mouse to move forward (As in, classic WAD finger placement). It has nothing to do with backpedaling, it has to do with W being forward in 90% of PC games and PC gaming since I was a wee child.. I'm sure it's the same for many people.

Either way, back on topic, I don't see how GW2 movement while using binds will be an issue, seeing as you can move while doing your rotation in WoW (Yes, that's something you do. If you bring up that you can't cast while moving in WoW, you probably aren't the best player. And I mean that in the nicest way possible. You still hit buttons while moving.) and WoW has significantly more binds needed than GW2 seems to (8 skills on your bar + a weapon switch button + a dodge button, only ~10 buttons) I don't see why you wouldn't be fine with a mouse and keyboard in GW2. Even with 'more movement', it should be easier to hit buttons and move in GW2 than WoW, since there are fewer buttons to hit making it easier to keep everything central.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    -snip-
    Lets say guild wars 2 has 12 spells you need bound in basic pvp (excluding things like guardians virtues). 10 skills, weapon swap and dodge. From what I've seen in GW2 it seems advantageous to always be moving as every spell can be cast while moving at no penalty, so lets assume at any time you have one of WASD held down. (Unlike in wow I believe there will be a use for backpedaling. First it allows you to dodge backwards and secondly being able to cast while moving allows ranged to cast spells on targets while still running directly away, assuming turning around breaks LOS and causes spells to miss.) This leaves you 12 spells you need clustered around WASD. As stated In my earlier question, I think its easy enough to find 12 keys to bind spells to around WASD. Although, for each key bound there is a WASD key that is near impossible to press as the same time without shifting your hand. This hand shifting is completely possible, but I see it leading to many accidental wrong key presses especially in high speed pvp.

Also it seems like moving forward with both mouse clicks will not always be a viable option since many spells are ground targeted (unlike the 1 you had with a long cool down in wow). Assuming it takes around a second to choose where you want that ground aoe, for that second you cant move forward with both mouse clicks as this will place the AOE wherever your clicking. Seeing how frequent these AOE's are and how many there is it doesn't seem logical to not be able to move forward (for 1 second) every 10 seconds or so when you want to use a ground based AOE. Thus I see needing W as a forward movement button.

Lets say guild wars 2 has 12 spells you need bound in basic pvp (excluding things like guardians virtues). 10 skills, weapon swap and dodge. From what I've seen in GW2 it seems advantageous to always be moving as every spell can be cast while moving at no penalty, so lets assume at any time you have one of WASD held down. (Unlike in wow I believe there will be a use for backpedaling. First it allows you to dodge backwards and secondly being able to cast while moving allows ranged to cast spells on targets while still running directly away, assuming turning around breaks LOS and causes spells to miss.) This leaves you 12 spells you need clustered around WASD. As stated In my earlier question, I think its easy enough to find 12 keys to bind spells to around WASD. Although, for each key bound there is a WASD key that is near impossible to press as the same time without shifting your hand. This hand shifting is completely possible, but I see it leading to many accidental wrong key presses especially in high speed pvp.

Also it seems like moving forward with both mouse clicks will not always be a viable option since many spells are ground targeted (unlike the 1 you had with a long cool down in wow). Assuming it takes around a second to choose where you want that ground aoe, for that second you cant move forward with both mouse clicks as this will place the AOE wherever your clicking. Seeing how frequent these AOE's are and how many there is it doesn't seem logical to not be able to move forward (for 1 second) every 10 seconds or so when you want to use a ground based AOE. Thus I see needing W as a forward movement button.
    That's all well and good, but my point wasn't "Rebind W, W is pointless!" it was "There are more than enough keys to do your rotation while moving. You can do it in WoW, and WoW has more keybinds needed". I'm sure if it wasn't possible without extra peripherals, they would have addressed the issue and done something about it by now. It HAS been in development for years. If your like me, your pinky will rarely RARELY leave your shift button.. meaning getting your fingers back to their original placement after shifting them to hit something.. shouldn't be an issue. I don't know. I've never had an issue with it, so I couldn't say.

Also, I've read somewhere that they have a system in place that makes it so that you can either target an AoE on the ground OR have it automatically be used on your current target, instead of clicking on the ground each time. I'm unsure how true that is, but either way. Even if you do end up having to click on the ground each time.. yes, you have to let go of your mouse movement to do that. But.. why would that mean you can't move forward? Again, it's not like you're unbinding your W key, you're just not using it as your primary method of movement.

Deleted

Turn 90 degree and dodging sideways will probably still beat backpaddling dodge, unless backpaddling is going '100% speed'. But that aside, I guess I do shift my hand when I have to press F while moving right (D), but that goes so naturally I don't even think about it. I literally had to try it out on my keyboard to see what I would do. And accidentally pressing wrong keys shouldn't be an issue if you play long enough and get used to it.

I tried that and I assume you press A with your pinkie then? But then how do you press shift or shift+keybinds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, now, bear with me here. What if you rebound move forward to D and strafe right to W? Eh? Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

The joystick also has an upcoming date with a grinder, so it can be glued in sideways to make it more ergo.
    haha, have the same thing, I love it... so comfortable for online-games. Especially the stick, to move the character with your thumb. Recommend. My friend has the razor nostromo (earthshokaz linked it) but I don't like it, the stick is awful imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    I tried that and I assume you press A with your pinkie then? But then how do you press shift or shift+keybinds?
    Dont use shift, only use alt for keybinds and I press that with my thumb. With my index resting on f I have easier access to some of the farther away keys like 8,U,J,M. It is just something I have gotten used to