Thread: Rogues

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snezz View Post
    Suggestions to fix them in PvP without destroying them in PvE?
    Forbid PVE gear of level greater than the current 5-man heroic item level (i.e. 378 now) in BGs and Arena would be a good start. In this way, you can use some PVE gear because you have no current PVP gear or it sucks, but silly trinkets and such are prohibited.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Forbid PVE gear of level greater than the current 5-man heroic item level (i.e. 378 now) in BGs and Arena would be a good start. In this way, you can use some PVE gear because you have no current PVP gear or it sucks, but silly trinkets and such are prohibited.
    Or they could prohibit ALL PVE gear and give you a kinda decent pvp set, updating it every season.

Deleted
    Bring the player, not the class.
    There will always be a leet enh shammy or ret pala or boomkin who can kill a rogue.
    It really just depends on how shit you are.
    If you keep getting owned by rogues, dont just cry. Work around it and find out how to kill em.
    Or is challenge a bad thing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smigz0r View Post
    Bring the player, not the class.
    There will always be a leet enh shammy or ret pala or boomkin who can kill a rogue.
    It really just depends on how shit you are.
    If you keep getting owned by rogues, dont just cry. Work around it and find out how to kill em.
    There is no challenge in one sided match ups. If you beat a rogue on your ele or enha shaman or your boomkin you just beat a player who is a player much worse than you. Its not about how good you are but how bad the rogue is.

Absolutely not, that's why we'd like our rogue friends to have some :)

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    There is no challenge in one sided match ups. If you beat a rogue on your ele or enha shaman or your boomkin you just beat a player who is a player much worse than you. Its not about how good you are but how bad the rogue is.
    Hey c'mon now, that's not the only reason... his gear may be crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    Thats why you charge->throwdown (and specifically why blizz removed the DR'd stun from them).
    LOL 30% MOVEMENT SPEED COULDN'T GET BEHIND HIM BEFORE CHARGE STUN WORE OFF.

Yea....
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

Yea....
    If I'm not mistaken, you can't dodge while you are stunned. So you learned something new today

Deleted
    ya u cant dodge while stunned

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

Yea....
    Don't need to be behind him when you throwdown, that's the whole point of charging into him first...
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

rogues are insanely OP. My frost DK has 4,5k resi (401 ilvl) rogues kill me really fast. They have WAY too good slow, stun and insanely burst!

Human rogues = OP, crit me with 5k resi for 22k+

Non human rogues = Good, crit me with 5k resi for 17k

Its Every Man For Himself, not the class. Proof?

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census...servertypeid=1

^ Outland EU, biggest European PVP realm. Its sad really that classes get nerfed and buffed damage wise, when really its just this stupid, overpowered racial.

Want more proof? Go faction change or race change to human. Your damage will skyrocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    rogues are insanely OP. My frost DK has 4,5k resi (401 ilvl) rogues kill me really fast. They have WAY too good slow, stun and insanely burst!
    Coming from a DK. lol death strike crits for 36k on my PvP geared rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    How deluded are you about your class now? Its like a season 5 DK defending their only glad title. 90% of rogues now just pop every CD they can as fast as they can to rush down someone in a smokebomb. Its not about proper cd usage, and hasnt been since they made the rogue class immune to fucking up. Vanish with dots and pet on you, no problem Blizzard made it an immunity. Blind a target with full dots, no problem Blizzard buffed it so you can't fuck that up! LOS your healer for 30s while covered in dots and get switched to, lol no problem recup + vansih = cant die.

Rogues are idiot proof now, you dont have to worry about positioning or dots or survival or anything, you spam damage as fast as you can into a target that cant do anything or be helped; you screw up a CD doesnt matter you can reset it or have 4 others to take its place. The class is a joke to play.
    I disagree with your "idiot-proof" statement. I'm HORRIBLE at my rogue when I pvp, I tried to get better, I just can't do it. PvE I'm fine, on my Hpally and Shammy, I'm fine in PvP. Say what you want, but rogue's DO still have a fairly high skillcap to play WELL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Raid gear in PvP has always been OP. Rogues are fine.

Deleted
    well you'r a warlock.... i play warlock (main) and rogue (alt)...
    it's your class, you have to deal with it. and you can outplay rogues even if they counter you! and you will never ever achieve this by (sry) "crying" about it. it's about teamplay and knowing rogues... they will always be annoying to you.
    it is as it is: better players will win over worse players... sometimes it's easy sometimes you have to work it out :P

Anyone in this thread whining about how they cant beat rogues in a duel or that they get ganked by them when running accross the field of strife in your solo bg ques can just get the fuck out tbh. Blizzard dont balance the game or classes around 1v1's. Rogues counter EVERYTHING 1v1 simply for the fact that if it goes tits up they can always get away. Try playing RLS and running into Ret Pally / DK / Healer and watch the ret squash your shaman while giving out 100k offheals. Yeah rogues are stupidly strong 1v1 but nobody really gives a fuck.

*edit* I dont play a rogue i play a warlock and yeah i will never dream of 1v1ing even a shit rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by smellymoge View Post
    Anyone in this thread whining about how they cant beat rogues in a duel or that they get ganked by them when running accross the field of strife in your solo bg ques can just get the fuck out tbh. Blizzard dont balance the game or classes around 1v1's. Rogues counter EVERYTHING 1v1 simply for the fact that if it goes tits up they can always get away. Try playing RLS and running into Ret Pally / DK / Healer and watch the ret squash your shaman while giving out 100k offheals. Yeah rogues are stupidly strong 1v1 but nobody really gives a fuck.

*edit* I dont play a rogue i play a warlock and yeah i will never dream of 1v1ing even a shit rogue.
    To be fair, I'm willing to bet a lot more people care about 1v1 duels or BGs than 3v3. Nobody cares about arena anymore. Blizzard themselves have said they aren't balancing around it anymore, so I don't know why people still continue to bring it up. Arena is just a gimmick.

Thats why there are no achievements for 1v1s. There is no "starcraft like" 1v1 ranked system. Yet there is alot of both of those things for 3v3. If the game was balanced around 1v1s it would be incredibly boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    Don't need to be behind him when you throwdown, that's the whole point of charging into him first...
    Snares affect charge and if you aren't in range for throwdown immediately there's a good chance the stun will end before you can reach him. Because of crippling poison, it's also pretty much impossible to get behind a rogue that has working hands.

---------- Post added 2012-02-18 at 08:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by achaeon View Post
    Coming from a DK. lol death strike crits for 36k on my PvP geared rogue.
    No it doesn't. Death Strike doesn't hit that hard for anyone but Blood, and Blood doesn't have Vengeance anymore. They'll be lucky to see a crit for half that amount.

And you weren't getting crit for 36k before the removal of Vengeance either, because were Shivving it off. Right?

... You WERE shivving it, right?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow