Thread: Rogues

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Serurian View Post
    Ease of getting OP PvE items from raiding and extreme ease of getting the 1st tier of the legendary daggers, then steam rolling low teams in arena and random BG's.
    And this will in turn cause rogues to be nerfed by a bunch of retards that don't realize it's the pve items making rogues OP cuz let's face it Blizz always listens to the QQ and nerfs accordingly.

leveling a rogue right now, sick of my crap warrior and hunter in 2s. Hunter is actually ok with the right partner, warrior is just garbage atm without PvE help and the 1-2 comps that actually work.

actually, 2v2 just sucks. unless ur a rog, mage, dk.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellsword View Post
    And this will in turn cause rogues to be nerfed by a bunch of retards that don't realize it's the pve items making rogues OP cuz let's face it Blizz always listens to the QQ and nerfs accordingly.
    Yup, gotta do something to keep the sub. numbers up and appealing to the mass morons works better than listening to the elitists. Blizz. balancing act basically is listen to whoever cries the loudest.

But yea, as to the topic as has been said, Rogues aren't any more OP now than they ever have been. They never really have been in a bad spot, in a way it's the best balanced class as far as PVP goes.

Deleted
    So much qq about rogues. You do remember at the start of cataclysm there was no rogues to be seen anywhere?! It's only due to FOTM rerollers for legendaries and the vial. We were shit at the beginning of this expansion and was the least played class for ages. Just wait until next exp where legendaries are no use and people will go back crying about frost mages and ferals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nairobi13 View Post
    So much qq about rogues. You do remember at the start of cataclysm there was no rogues to be seen anywhere?! It's only due to FOTM rerollers for legendaries and the vial. We were shit at the beginning of this expansion and was the least played class for ages. Just wait until next exp where legendaries are no use and people will go back crying about frost mages and ferals.
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

---------- Post added 2012-02-02 at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    So when do rogues get balanced? I think pretty much everyone (high or low rated) will agree that rogues are insanely overpowered at the moment. Before 4.3 they were good, but not really OP. THey have the utility (stuns, slows) and they have the survivability (cloak, vanish) and since 4.3 they also have insane damage. This all has to do with the extra agility bonus they get from mastery (passive ability called Sinister Calling) and it needs to be tuned down. Even rogues who aren't that good can beat a skilled player. And at the moment rogues have NO COUNTER at all, as opposed to any other class. Maybe blood DK, but let's not start about those.

What have other people to say about rogues and their state at the moment?
    But honestly, you know that warlocks are just as op? It's RLS for a reason.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity..and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

----------------CLICK SIGNATURE FOR ARMORY----------------

How about them Ret's, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsaint View Post
    IKR? Ret burst is crazy. And they can crit heal for 30k. CRAZY.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity..and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsaint View Post
    Simple facts: ret burst is 2 min cd - rogue burst is once a min, ret burst is preventable - rogues isn't (can't target in bomb, can't cc during cos), ret can't deny healing - rogue can with smokebomb, ret doesn't autodebuff 25% less healing - rogue does, rogue have better mobility/ better cc/ better defensive cds/ rogue have best snare in game - ret has none / rogue have better capabilities for fast switch.

Tbh first step towards bringing rogues in line with rest melee is removing smokebomb from prep, then see how it goes from there. About dmg, well i've yet to meet legendary rogue with 2 heroic pve parts and vial, lucky me

10+ Year Old Account
    ret burst is preventable - rogues isn't (can't target in bomb, can't cc during cos)
    Multi fear in bomb? Disarm? Stun? Repentance?

Rogues don't wear plate. Rogues don't get 3 bubbles. Rogues can't self heal for 30k. Rogues can't have immunity to slowing effects.Rogues can't self heal to 100% with 1 spell. Rogues can't hit people from 30 yrds away for 30k. I can keep going...
    Last edited by Mookes; 2012-02-02 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookes View Post

Rogues don't wear plate. Rogues don't get 3 bubbles. Rogues can't self heal for 30k. Rogues can't have immunity to slowing effects.Rogues can't self heal to 100% with 1 spell. Rogues can't hit people from 30 yrds away for 30k. I can keep going...
    Still there are more rogues in high rated arenas than ret paladins... Whats your wiseass comment on that?

Deleted

Recuperate.

Wait up.. this thread actually turned into someone thinking that you can somehow compare completely broken Retadin that has the most breakable/dispellable burst in all forms of pvp to a rogue? And they are actually doing it to defend the rogue?

Ret is at best a support class in arena, not counting when blizzard lets their kids in to tweak with knobs and ret all of a sudden has 200k dps for a half day. Ret isn't even in the same sentence as Rogue is in arena. I'm sorry while I don't think rogues are OP like some do, it's a joke when a rogue is trying to make it sound like Ret is better off in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still there are more rogues in high rated arenas than ret paladins... Whats your wiseass comment on that?
    Look for yourself...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/bloodlust/3v3

Recuperate.
    I don't recall recuperate ever critting for 30k.

Deleted
    Yes... Because looking at the current standings right after a patch that totally broke retpalas is a valid argument.

This guy is an obvious troll and everyone should stop feeding him. I know im going to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Repentance breaks on damage and is generally a lot like Blind, just not as good. Rogues have the best spammable snare in the game and high avoidance, making a Disarm without being behind them (lol, yeah right) or with them being stunned (the majority of stuns can be avoided) a risky proposition... and the Rogue can just trinket the Disarm if it's particularly important. Fear is easy to break with a wide variety of means - it's ineffective against any Undead characters, Shamans can break fear easily, Priests can protect against it... and both PMR and RLS are extremely common, effective Rogue setups.

Listing a class's abilities in a list doesn't really constitute an argument or a rebuttal.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Repentance breaks on damage and is generally a lot like Blind, just not as good. Rogues have the best spammable snare in the game and high avoidance, making a Disarm without being behind them (lol, yeah right) or with them being stunned (the majority of stuns can be avoided) a risky proposition... and the Rogue can just trinket the Disarm if it's particularly important. Fear is easy to break with a wide variety of means - it's ineffective against any Undead characters, Shamans can break fear easily, Priests can protect against it... and both PMR and RLS are extremely common, effective Rogue setups.
    All of which you just stated, even if in the best case scenario like you are explaining, would still buy valuable time in a 6 second shadow dance. A well timed fear would waste the dance. It's not difficult to counter, which is why PLS beat the RLS team for the title last season. You just have to not be completely terrible and try to eat the dance.

Listing a class's abilities in a list doesn't really constitute an argument or a rebuttal.
    I wasn't talking to you firstly, I was replying to someone that listed Rogue abilities. +1 for you though.

Yes... Because looking at the current standings right after a patch that totally broke retpalas is a valid argument.This guy is an obvious troll and everyone should stop feeding him. I know im going to.
    Well, wheres your proof?
    Last edited by Mookes; 2012-02-02 at 12:58 PM.

Deleted
    I love how rogue players get so mad, lol.

I was in Arena yesterday.
    one rogue with legendary dagger, a warlock and mage with Legendary staff, i litterally died instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    I love how rogue players get so mad, lol.

I was in Arena yesterday.
    one rogue with legendary dagger, a warlock and mage with Legendary staff, i litterally died instantly.
    Dude, I was in arena yesterday...and a warrior 1 hit me. True story.

Deleted
    Dude, I was in arena yesterday...and a warrior 1 hit me. True story.
    Troll, i dont believe that. if thats true, then your just REALLY bad at arena, cause warriors is just garbage, - I play disc priest.

I don't recall recuperate ever critting for 30k.
    Well no, but a 6k+ heal every 3 secs, that restores energy and provides a 6% damage reduction throughout is just as good, if not better.

Rogues have 70% arp. Rogues have several CD's to survive and run away. See my previous response. Cloak of skill, besides crippling poison, so its not like the target ever has a chance of running away, o and shadowstep. See previous response again. Rogues can hit people for 45k from 3 yards and as I mentioned, your going to be in mellee range the entire time unless your terrible. I can also keep going.

If you think rets are more OP than us, then you clearly arn't playing right.