Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    ME3 multiplayer doesn't use servers. Its peer to peer. Only thing ME3 handles is the matchmaking.
    Tells me I've been dropped from the server, though I guess it could just be a terrible error message.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I haven't played Multiplayer in a while, but I notice it takes a LOT longer than usual to connect to the EA servers when I start up the game client as of late.
    That too. I've waited 3-4 minutes as of late, as well as a few "can't connect" while talking on vent >.<

Deleted
    If I don't get a game in 5-10 seconds I cancel and reque, damn loading screens on disconnects!

Can't keep Miranda from dying at sanctuary mission. Worst gaming experience ever.

Fuck you BioWare.

Hey guys, I havent followed this now for about 2 weeks, whats the latest info about endings and future of me3? cheers
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Can't keep Miranda from dying at sanctuary mission. Worst gaming experience ever.

Fuck you BioWare.
    http://i.imgur.com/6qtxR.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Weird picture. People generally don't look calm and sort of blank when pointing menacingly with a lethal weapon. Maybe it's just become such a generic pose to point guns at things in our culture people don't think of things like that anymore.

Fuck you BioWare.
    If you started without importing an ME2 save, yes you are quite screwed.

Otherwise, make sure you do her loyalty mission in ME2. If you don't own ME2, that sucks, maybe try downloading someone else's save like mentioned earlier in the thread.

Some other things that effect her dieing:
    1) Make sure you do her loyalty mission in ME2
    2) Make sure you meet with her all three times when she emails you.
    3) Give her any intel she requests.
    4) Don't move on to a different LI in ME3(like Ash) if you romanced her in ME2. She will die. I've always been a Liara kinda guy so that was never a problem for me.

---------- Post added 2012-04-02 at 10:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    Hey guys, I havent followed this now for about 2 weeks, whats the latest info about endings and future of me3? cheers
    We will know on April 6th, that's when Bioware will talk about future DLC.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-03 at 02:24 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account

Fuck you BioWare.
    Did you cheat on her? If yes then that's why she dies.
    If not.
    Was she loyal at the end of ME2?
    If yes.
    Did you visit her all three times and gave her the classified intel?
    If yes.
    You have a bug then.
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

Question

Say I don't do Grunt's loyalty mission in ME2 and he survives the suicide mission. Is is possible for him to die if I choose to free the Rachni queen? For the second time, what a stupid queen if you ask me. That's got to be a tie for my favorite scene in ME3 if you choose to free her and he stays behind so you can get away. Then manages to still get out of there after killing 134553 Ravagers.

So epic. A true Krogan.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-03 at 04:03 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Question(Grunt ME3 spoilers below)

Say I don't do Grunt's loyalty mission in ME2 and he survives the suicide mission. Is is possible for him to die if I choose to free the Rachni queen? For the second time, what a stupid queen if you ask me. That's got to be a tie for my favorite scene in ME3 if you choose to free her and he stays behind so you can get away. Then manages to still get out of there after killing 134553 Ravagers.
    Use [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] (without spaces in the brackets) tags to hide spoilers. :P

As long as you earned his loyalty in ME2, he survives even if you choose to save the queen. His Aralakh Company is wiped out if you choose to save her (meaning less military strength, but a negligible difference), but he emerges alive and aids you against the Reapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Use [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] (without spaces in the brackets) tags to hide spoilers. :P

As long as you earned his loyalty in ME2, he survives even if you choose to save the queen. His Aralakh Company is wiped out if you choose to save her (meaning less military strength, but a negligible difference), but he emerges alive and aids you against the Reapers.
    I know he can survive. I'm wondering the opposite, if you don't gain his loyalty in ME2, will he die in that scene? You seem to hint to yes in your post, but it's not quite clear.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-03 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I know he can survive. I'm wondering the opposite, if you don't gain his loyalty in ME2, will he die in that scene? You seem to hint to yes in your post, but it's not quite clear.
    Whoops! Misunderstood, my bad.

Yes, if you didn't gain his loyalty, he'll die while holding off the Ravagers. I believe Aralakh Company is still wiped out as well.

God that was fucking badass When Grunt survived the fuckin Rachni and asked shepard if they had anything to eat

Deleted

Fuck you BioWare.
    Yeah Bioware really screwed up on ME3. I am aware that this is meant to be a trilogy and every game adds something but actually requiring that your players have ME2 saves is ridiculous.

There are lots of guys I know who have deleted their ME1 and ME2 saves or lost them because of an HDD fault or something.

The only opportunity you have to save Miranda and other things like Geth/Quarian is to download a save from a website someone has posted. I really don´t want to do that because I do not trust such websites.

---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 08:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    God that was fucking badass When Grunt survived the fuckin Rachni and asked shepard if they had anything to eat
    And on the other hand it was super sad when his replacement on a fresh save Urdnot Dagg was utterly raped by the rachni and died

---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 08:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    IIRC Legion is not dead, but Tali is not loyal. So no peace option without ME2 save. Same shit with curing genophage only you need to save Wrex from ME1.

Anyway I wrote it earlier that Bioware pretty much force you to playthru ME1 and ME2. And TBH ME1 caused me physical pain when I played it. And ME2 has a trainwreck for UI.

ME3 is better. But its UI is still stuck in the early 90's. The 1992 System Shock 1 has better UI than that game lol.
    Legion is dead on a fresh ME3 save. He is replaced by a Geth VI that looks exactly like him but is just a holo thing in his image.

I have now played this game almost 7 times and I know who died and who not.

"If Legion did not survive Mass Effect 2 or was sold to Cerberus, its role in Mass Effect 3 is replaced by a "Geth VI" constructed in Legion's likeness, though it will be referred to as "Geth VI" for the duration of Mass Effect 3. Non-standard elements of the geth VI's armor, such as Shepard's N7 pauldron and the hole in the geth's torso, are recreated via hologram. "
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-04-03 at 06:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Yeah Bioware really screwed up on ME3. I am aware that this is meant to be a trilogy and every game adds something but actually requiring that your players have ME2 saves is ridiculous.

There are lots of guys I know who have deleted their ME1 and ME2 saves or lost them because of an HDD fault or something.

The saves are quite easy to download for PC versions.
    A trilogy which depends heavily on choices and consequences relies upon you to have played and made choices for the optimal result? HERESY!

http://www.masseffectsaves.com/ is reliable for saves, you just download the save files or character files.
    Used it myself until i pulled myself together and replayed the trilogy.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-04-03 at 07:02 AM.

I have now played this game almost 7 times and I know who died and who not.
    Of course you are right. I've only played it once with a fresh start (....argh and I was stupid enough to play it thru like that lol). For some time now I only play it with my ME2 saves.

Anyway, my statement is still true. You can't make peace between the Geth and Quarian without ME2 savegame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    The saves are quite easy to download for PC versions.
    A trilogy which depends heavily on choices and consequences relies upon you to have played and made choices for the optimal result? HERESY!
    Have I ever said that I talk about PC? I know that it is kinda easy to download them there.

Atleast I am relieved that you don´t need to play Diablo 2 to have all content in Diablo 3 That would be no problem tho because I have played both D1 and D2.

I am not complaining but you know before ME3 was released Bioware said on multiple occasions that they want to make it easier for players new to ME or players with no previous saves.

Well I am burned out nontheless so after finishing this playthrough (7th) I will stop playing it for a while, maybe totally. Still a month to D3

Deleted
    Have I ever said that I talk about PC? I know that it is kinda easy to download them there.

Atleast I am relieved that you don´t need to play Diablo 2 to have all content in Diablo 3

I am not complaining but you know before ME3 was released Bioware said on multiple occasions that they want to make it easier for players new to ME or players with no previous saves.

Well I am burned out nontheless so after finishing this playthrough (7th) I will stop playing it for a while, maybe totally. Still a month to D3

Its easier because you have less characters to keep track of.
    Teehee.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    The saves are quite easy to download for PC versions. A trilogy which depends heavily on choices and consequences relies upon you to have played and made choices for the optimal result? HERESY!
    No one is saying it is heresy. Its just that for a "default" play through it shouldn't have been so damning. A person shouldn't be penalized just because they started with the third game. Yes it is a trilogy, but that doesn't mean everything is required. ME1 wasn't required for people to make and see most things in ME2. They still had the option to influence and actually change most things that happened.

As it stands now ME3 default is essentially not a choose your own adventure. Its a follow the rails until you can pick from additive color model.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No one is saying it is heresy. Its just that for a "default" play through it shouldn't have been so damning. A person shouldn't be penalized just because they started with the third game. Yes it is a trilogy, but that doesn't mean everything is required. ME1 wasn't required for people to make and see most things in ME2. They still had the option to influence and actually change most things that happened.

As it stands now ME3 default is essentially not a choose your own adventure. Its a follow the rails until you can pick from additive color model.
    This is exactly what I am thinking. I have played ME2 and you had basically almost NO requirements to have a ME1 save at all, still could do every quest, loyality mission and so on.

Suddenly with ME3 you NEED to have a previous save or you will be penalized extremely. It is not just that you miss a couple of quests. Almost your whole ME2 crew died on default settings because BW decided so. There is no way to have Geth peace and the list goes on.

Well I think that they overdone it this time. Of course there should be benefits for people with imported saves but the current state is just ridiculous.