BioWare games tend to do that. I had the same thing with Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2. And Mass Effect, of course. :P

Deleted
    Even Jade Empire did the same to me. I was crying in happiness when your Spirit Monk gets resurrected at the shrine and you're reunited with your crew, especially the one you've had feelings for. Sky <3

I am attached to characters on Dragon Age-games too, but it's not in the same level as Mass Effect. I cried and shouted at my TV when I played Dragon Age 2 when that bastard psycho kills your mother. But it's still not the same level as with ME-universe and characters. I mean you got almost the same characters going through it all with you in three games, you're bound to bond a bit with them.

Yeah the bond in Mass Effect is definitely the strongest. I think its the best IP they've come up with so far. The fact that it's had three games of continuing storyline helps too. Dragon Age 2 wasn't really what I would call a sequel, and Jade Empire doesn't have a sequel either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I would've wanted that warning when I started, hahah. Still unbelievable how attached you eventually become. I'm god damn weeping and crying tears of genuine sadness when I see some of them die or even if they get hurt, physically or emotionally. Still worth every second of it.
    What happens if everyone dies in the extended cut with nothing but the time capsule remaining. I'm sure it won't happen from the interviews I have seen, but the amount of rage that would ensue would be pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    What happens if everyone dies in the extended cut with nothing but the time capsule remaining. I'm sure it won't happen from the interviews I have seen, but the amount of rage that would ensue would be pretty funny.
    If that were to happen, BioWare would have achieved new levels of stupidity if you ask me. Last thing you wanna do after a fan outburst like ME3's ending have is create yet another fan outburst. XD

Deleted
    I'd roll over and die with them. *nod*

Deleted
    It would still make much more sens than the synthesis ending, or the "Yo dawg I heardz you like synthetic".

I'd roll over and die with them. *nod*
    Agree that would be the most stupid thing they could ever do. but o well i`m having fun on my rerun at this time. but its going much slower now that D3 is out
    But i wont ever leave Mass Effect as i have grown to like that game so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    Agree that would be the most stupid thing they could ever do. but o well i`m having fun on my rerun at this time. but its going much slower now that D3 is out
    But i wont ever leave Mass Effect as i have grown to like that game so much.

Mass Effect 4 - 200 years in the future, everyone you know and love is dead.
    Even Liara, she fell down some stairs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Nah Liara is the main character in ME4 !

haha that made me chuckle.
    But i do have to agree with Sekira she could possibly be a Main character in ME4 but yeah that's pure speculation anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    Nah Liara is the main character in ME4 !
    Mini game like the planet scanning: remembering where you put all those time capsules and recovering them!

I dunno, I honestly don't think they'd bring back any of the original trilogy's characters for ME4, except as maybe a minor supporting role (like you meet Liara and maybe do an assignment for her or something). If anything I think they'd want to introduce an entirely new main cast to focus on. The problem with bringing any of the original characters back is that Liara's really the only viable option unless they do a game based like 5-10 years in the past or future, which would seem a bit odd. If you go any more than that most of the characters would be dead. Samara might still be alive, but she's nearing the end of her life as well. The rest of them all have much, much shorter lifespans than asari. I suppose Javik would be a viable option too if they chose to do a prequel in the previous cycle during that time period, or Samara during a prequel taking place in her younger days, but that's still only three. The amount of rage from fans of the other characters would be palpable.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-05-16 at 01:48 PM.

Holy crap, I'm about to head to earth for the final show-down and I just went in to the main battery thinking of Garrus...and Tali is there for the same reason. It's particularly poingant as Garrus bought it carrying out a tech-related mission on the Collector gate because I was scared of risking and losing Tali.

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    To make an already existing character the "main character" of mass effect 4, it would mean that we wouldn’t be able to customize the looks of our character, the story of our character, eck! We wouldn’t even be able to straight to far from their personality.
    Obviously I have no idea what they'll do, but I think they'd me more likely to make her the narrator of the opening sequence and a mentor figure for the new hero (if they do another hero-centric story) or someone you have to find through the story. Or hell, maybe even have an Asari be the main character and she was your ancestor. Could work if the future is on that end planet we saw with the grandpa and kid.

Deleted
    I personally want to start as the fourth human spectre, promoted by actions in retaking Earth, in a warntorn and shattered galaxy, which is bound to attract some powerhungry and greedy people.

Fourth you say?
    -Shepard
    -Ashely/Kaidan
    -Major Coats
    -Player

Deleted
    I personally want to start as the fourth human spectre, promoted by actions in retaking Earth, in a warntorn and shattered galaxy, which is bound to attract some powerhungry and greedy people.

Fourth you say?
    -Shepard
    -Ashely/Kaidan
    -Major Coats
    -Player
    Nah. I vote for Conrad Verner.

Deleted
    Nah. I vote for Conrad Verner.
    We both know Dr. Verner isnt the type of guy to handle crashing asteroids or mercenary shootouts or reapers.

He did get killed by a few turians back in ME1 if you ignored him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who needs a new character?

The alliance steals Cerberus's technology and rebuilds Shepard . . . again.

Though if Shepard chose to control the Reapers, finding a body to work with might be problematic
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Or they could pull something amazing like dragon age 1 and let you pick betwen a couple of races.
    Having each a different start...

It was actually one of the main things I loved in Dragon Age...
    I really liked that part too. I played through all of the origins...but couldn't get through the rest more than a couple times. I think the only reason they could do that was because everything else was the same pretty much and it wasn't nearly as...personal as Mass Effect. If they were gonna have the same sort of experience as they did the last three games I doubt they could vary it so much with multiple origins. But hey, I might be wrong and frankly, I'd love to be. That'd be wicked.

Deleted
    We both know Dr. Verner isnt the type of guy to handle crashing asteroids or mercenary shootouts or reapers.

He did get killed by a few turians back in ME1 if you ignored him.
    You see, he would be the unexpected hero that saves the day in the end! Somehow. And no one has any idea how he did it. Like Donald Duck.