Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    I'm curious have they fixed the endings yet or are they still firing out crappy multiplayer content?
    The Extended Cut DLC is coming out on Tuesday the 26th for most regions.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-06-23 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    The Extended Cut DLC is coming out on Tuesday the 26th for most regions.
    Think its the 27th for Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by OoMally View Post
    Think its the 27th for Europe?
    According to that blog I linked, Xbox 360 and PC versions worldwide will be available on the 26th, as well as PS3 version for North America users. The only ones that aren't the 26th are PS3 users not in North America.

Though, with timezones, maybe it will work out to the 27th for Europe. I dunno how they work that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Reegar Carbine and OneShot OneKill M-300 Claymore would like a word with you.

I wish i could have two shotguns at the same time..
    Well, I don't have any of those. Even if I do, I am terrible with shotguns, so OP guns hitting nothing is still un-OP. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    So I wonder if Bioware will continue making multiplayer DLC free after this extended cut is out even if it turns out to be another disappointment?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Impressive! I probably should try and see how many waves I can make it before I splat. KRYSAE GUIDE MY HAND.

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 09:51 AM ----------

According to that blog I linked, Xbox 360 and PC versions worldwide will be available on the 26th, as well as PS3 version for North America users. The only ones that aren't the 26th are PS3 users not in North America.

Though, with timezones, maybe it will work out to the 27th for Europe. I dunno how they work that.
    Well. Operation: Savage said it began at 6pm PST, but I got the notice in-game when I played at 7pm EST (4pm PST). So maybe it's based on user system time?

Deleted
    True, although I still had my health regen overwhelmed once because I got hit by 3 Rocket Troopers at the same time. lol
    Cerb Harrier with Disruptor ammo shreds them.
    Also, i noticed that the vorcha flamethrower is better than Gold Pyro Flamethrower.
    Makes me feel really badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Impressive! I probably should try and see how many waves I can make it before I splat. KRYSAE GUIDE MY HAND.
    Its not so bad if you got some defensive power like say bloodlust or blade armor.
    Vorchas bloodlust is the easiest because you can get manhandled and still have full health 5 seconds after letting you ah ah ah ah stay alive stay alive and an insane damage flamethrower if they get close.

Or krogans oneshotting melee attack.

Mac Walters reviews the scene where Joker disengages the fight on Earth.
    Oh this will be interesting.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-06-23 at 01:55 PM.

Cerb Harrier with Disruptor ammo shreds them.
    Also, i noticed that the vorcha flamethrower is better than Gold Pyro Flamethrower.
    Makes me feel really badass.

Its not so bad if you got some defensive power like say bloodlust or blade armor.
    Vorchas bloodlust is the easiest because you can get manhandled and still have full health 5 seconds after letting you ah ah ah ah stay alive stay alive and an insane damage flamethrower if they get close.
    I run with a Vorcha soldier, max health regen build, with a Reegar Carbine. I hop around like a wild beast, slicing off heads with my omni claws and blowing shit up with the Reegar, with ridonk health regen keeping me alive the entire time. I love it. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    So I wonder if Bioware will continue making multiplayer DLC free after this extended cut is out even if it turns out to be another disappointment?
    Additional single player content will most likely come with a price tag. I'm not sure about MP, but the packs have been free so far at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    They will probably charge for SP DLC. However, a ton of people have been buying Bioware Points for the boxes, so I think it's safe to assume that MP DLC is getting funded that way.

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Wave 10 got a bit hairy since it was the Retrieval Objective. >.<

Deleted
    They will probably charge for SP DLC. However, a ton of people have been buying Bioware Points for the boxes, so I think it's safe to assume that MP DLC is getting funded that way
    Not necessarily.
    Zaeed was free, and they made Bring Down the Sky free as well.
    Javik being a payfor DLC was bollocks, but heres to hoping the next DLC will be free as well as entertaining.

Deleted
    Not necessarily.
    Zaeed was free, and they made Bring Down the Sky free as well.
    Javik being a payfor DLC was bollocks, but heres to hoping the next DLC will be free as well as entertaining.
    Zaeed was only free with a new copy, and BDtS wasn't free when it first come out (still isn't for 360 without platinum edition) :\
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    Bring Down the Sky was originally released for 400 Microsoft Points on the Xbox 360 and 400 BioWare Points on PC. The Xbox 360 price was eventually reduced and is 80 Microsoft Points, and the pack is also included at no additional cost with the Platinum Hits Edition of Mass Effect for Xbox 360. In addition, the pack is currently "downloadable for free" for the PC version.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Zaeed was only free with a new copy, and BDtS wasn't free when it first come out (still isn't for 360 without platinum edition) :\
    Then lets hope that the next SP DLC is free for original PC players.
    (teehee)

Unlike Zaeed, Javik had a ton more work put into him. He got his own unique locale not featured anywhere else in the game, a bit of pre-rendered cinematics, and most importantly, he was more integrated into the story than Zaeed ever was. Zaeed mostly only had one-liners outside of his mission, Javik has fully fledged interaction with the squad.

Deleted
    Unlike Zaeed, Javik had a ton more work put into him. He got his own unique locale not featured anywhere else in the game, a bit of pre-rendered cinematics, and most importantly, he was more integrated into the story than Zaeed ever was. Zaeed mostly only had one-liners outside of his mission, Javik has fully fledged interaction with the squad.
    You take pleasure in squashing my hopes dont you?

You take pleasure in squashing my hopes dont you?
    Well, the post-launch situation of ME3 is unique and unprecedented territory for Bioware due to the paid weapon crates. Who knows what will happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    A protective "being of light" is referenced in pretty much every civilization ever, in some way. And that it protects from the machines might just be that they saw the machines go away and thought that a standard "god" thing protects them.
    So? The fact still remains that the Catalyst isn't something completly new to mass effect lore and that it was hinted at. The fact that it references the reaper conflict perfectly also shows how similar it is. And not just a "oh a myth every one has so you can't count it as mention of the Catalyst". It is there in the Mass Effect unvirse and that is enough to make the Catalyst something that fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    So if we had magical space ponies it would be fine, because they can explain it in a DLC or a another game. I see your point

Have you about the Dark Energy plot btw? (the original planned ending for ME3, but writer quit)

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Haestrom
    But is that any less "fine" since it wasn't actually in the game? Not everything about the Lore of Mass Effect needs to be explained in 3 games. Its the difference between creating games with a story and creating a story with games. Bioware hasn't just created games but they've created the story that games can use.

We just learned a lot about the protheans in ME3 so much that most of what we did know was shown as "wrong" because people in the Mass Effect universe romanticized the protheans. When in reality they were a much different people as Javik shows.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So? The fact still remains that the Catalyst isn't something completly new to mass effect lore and that it was hinted at. The fact that it references the reaper conflict perfectly also shows how similar it is. And not just a "oh a myth every one has so you can't count it as mention of the Catalyst". It is there in the Mass Effect unvirse and that is enough to make the Catalyst something that fits.

Klencory is famously claimed by the eccentric volus billionaire Kumun Shol. He claims that a vision of a higher being told him to seek on Klencory the "lost crypts of beings of light." These entities were supposedly created at the dawn of time to protect organic life from synthetic "machine devils."
    Just... no.
    There is nothing in the games at all to support the Catalyst at all.
    Hell, might just had been a volus high on red sand.
    The whole deal with Saren would had been utterly unnecessary if the Catalyst existed, since it would just take control over itself and bring about the harvest.

That said, they might just retcon it.

Found it funny that he said "the created will always rebel against the creator" when he created the Reapers and sees them as his final solution.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-06-23 at 06:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Gold, whitebase against Geth... easy as hell credits =D!
    Keybind sabotage, and you are now the ME3 answer to arcane mage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just... no.
    There is nothing in the games at all to support the Catalyst at all.
    Hell, might just had been a volus high on red sand.
    The whole deal with Saren would had been utterly unnecessary if the Catalyst existed, since it would just take control over itself and bring about the harvest.

That said, they might just retcon it.

Found it funny that he said "the created will always rebel against the creator" when he created the Reapers and sees them as his final solution.
    Right. So Bioware just by coincidence created two parts of lore that are very similar but have zero relation. I find it more likely that they hinted at the catalyst or used that existing hint as the basis for the catalyst. There are things in the game to support the catalyst including hints at something larger controling the citadel and the core controls never being found.

Not believing or accepting is not the same as no support at all. And how exactly is the Catalyst supposed to bring about the harvest with just the citadel? The citadel has no weapons and can't subjugate or destroy civilizations. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6kZu...tailpage#t=49s The catalyst never says that he created the reapers only that he controls them and they are his solution.

The catalyst hints at others assigning him the task or putting him on the course. But it is possible that others created the reapers and he is merely using them as the geth were used by the Reapers. Since he says "we" found a way to stop the created from rebelling it indicates that he was or is working with others and the Reapers might not have been created by him.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."