Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    We know the results of every choice we make in the game, whether we're shown it or not.
    Thing is, we dont. We assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Thing is, we dont. We assume.
    Give me something to work on here.

I found this interesting. I was reading EDI's page on the ME Wiki and came across this:

If Shepard chooses the control or synthesis endings, EDI will be present with Joker for the ending cutscene if Shepard had motivated them to be together before. EDI may also be present in the destroy ending.
    Has anyone actually encountered that? I assumed she and the geth were all wiped out in the destruction ending since it "destroys all synthetic life."

Why is it not Tuesday yet?! So many questions that need answering!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I found this interesting. I was reading EDI's page on the ME Wiki and came across this:

Has anyone actually encountered that? I assumed she and the geth were all wiped out in the destruction ending since it "destroys all synthetic life."

Why is it not Tuesday yet?! So many questions that need answering!!
    There's no substantiated evidence.

Plus Jessica Merizan debunked it yesterday afternoon. :/

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 02:25 PM ----------

So yeah, sorry. No "easy" way out of the choice before you.

I wasn't looking for an easy way out, and I made the choice that I did with the assumption that EDI and the geth would be killed (destroyed? deactivated?) as well. I was just confused because I hadn't heard of her being present in the destroy ending until now.

10+ Year Old Account
    EDI was alive in my destroy ending :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    it's incredible how a sloppy ending can ruin a great series...

just finished reading a manga that has like 360 chapters with a great story and characters and the last chapter just felt as a big slap to my face as me3 ending.

basicly long story short, the main hero who wants to be the greatest mage just like his father was and who is also searching for his father, goes to teach at a school as part of his training being his classroom only of girls (some of wich during the story fall in love with the guy), his classroom gradualy become his companions while he searches for his father and after the group prevents a huge disaster, the author does a 7 year jump wich is fine by me since it would maybe alow for more adventure and the hero finding out his father and becoming the great mage and finding out wich one of the girls he realy likes(this hapens during the last 2 chapters), but then in the last chapter the author just shows that the guy already found his father no questions asked and the guy aparently is already the great mage (at this point i didnt think the ending was in that chapter so i'm goin ok maybe we get some backstory on how it went down so i keep reading) and i get some background on what the girls of the cassroom have been doin for the last 7 years but you still dont know who the main guy likes or how the found his father and how he became a great mage and the author just puts a the end right there at that point.

seriously biggest slap in the face since i finished me3.....
    Funny, I read the ending to Negima (which came out about the same time as ME3) and I couldn't decide which had a crappier ending. I eventually decided that Negima did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdorian View Post
    EC out Tuesday? wow that was fast
    Out the first week of summer so it is fast. (First official day of summer for North America was June 20th/21st)
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    EDI was alive in my destroy ending :/
    Seeing as it got pretty busted by Bioware, I'd say it sounds like a bug.

After all, Tali might still show up for sexytime even if she threw herself off that cliff a few missions earlier. If that's not a bug, then I don't really know what to believe anymore.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 02:45 PM ----------

I wasn't looking for an easy way out, and I made the choice that I did with the assumption that EDI and the geth would be killed (destroyed? deactivated?) as well. I was just confused because I hadn't heard of her being present in the destroy ending until now.
    Lots of people are looking for the easy way out.

There's no perfect ending to ME3. Not everything should have one. People have been spoiled by videogames the past 20 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    We know the results of every choice we make in the game, whether we're shown it or not. The only exception being the choice at the very end. Which will no doubt be the focus point of ME4.

Yes, it's coming. In one shape or another. "People wouldn't act like this if they knew what was coming". Some may say that's hot air. But then I ask those of you who do, do you honest-to-God think that Bioware (and EA for that matter) would let something like the Mass Effect universe just end the way it has? Not when there's so much potential yet to be realized from it.

I for one am patient. It is said to be a virtue after all. I know I'll get my answers one day. Until then, I will enjoy the hell out of what I have.
    that is also something that shows how people will still be disappointed in the extended cut. Because it is still the same endings that every one hated but with an epilogue. Most people that made a fuss over the endings didn't do it just because there was no epilogue. You don't get the IT, cupcakes, billboards, death threats over just an epilogue.

People that were upset before will still be upset after.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account

After all, Tali might still show up for sexytime even if she threw herself off that cliff a few missions earlier. If that's not a bug, then I don't really know what to believe anymore.
    Aww got my hopes up...stupid bug. Quite liked EDI, well her VA.

Deleted

Zombie-Tali sexytime.
    I approve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Zombie-Tali sexytime.
    I approve.
    Well her suit is air tight...stays fresh... From a biological stand point of course... /whistles

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    that is also something that shows how people will still be disappointed in the extended cut. Because it is still the same endings that every one hated but with an epilogue. Most people that made a fuss over the endings didn't do it just because there was no epilogue. You don't get the IT, cupcakes, billboards, death threats over just an epilogue.

People that were upset before will still be upset after.
    Exactly. Everyone thinking they'll get something else is just deluding themselves.

I don't mind the EC (it's more Mass Effect after all), but I'd rather seen them continue with their original release plan. Which would have meant us seeing ME4 sooner. People don't realize how much of a monumental undertaking it is to actually create a video game, let alone a completely new universe that takes on a life of it's own. These things don't appear and evolve over night.

But noooooo, we need to know all the answer. Right now! Or we'll maim you and your families if we ever meet them on the street!

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    Aww got my hopes up...stupid bug. Quite liked EDI, well her VA.
    Re-watch BSG. She's good at playing robots.

Lots of people are looking for the easy way out.

There's no perfect ending to ME3. Not everything should have one. People have been spoiled by videogames the past 20 years.
    Expecting an ending that is written and executed well is the result of being spoiled?

Expecting an ending that is written and executed well is the result of being spoiled?
    Not at all. However many of the arguments I see against the ending is the fact that people didn't get their blue babies with Liara, or the house on Rannoch with Tali. Blaming a video game company for not spewing out unicorns and rainbows like most other companies is not okay.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 03:14 PM ----------

On the last count, the "FOR THE LITTLE BLUE CHILDREN!"-thread on BSN (with caps and everything), has clocked in at 113 pages. And every other EC-related thread has people saying "I just want to be with my LI" all over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. However many of the arguments I see against the ending is the fact that people didn't get their blue babies with Liara, or the house on Rannoch with Tali. Blaming a video game company for not spewing out unicorns and rainbows like most other companies is not okay.
    Believe me, those people do not represent the majority of people dissatisfied with the ending. I don't really want to go on an ending rant, because I imagine this thread's had quite enough of it, but I would have liked the ending to make SENSE.

The EC probably will make a little more sense, but it won't address the fact that the ending is built on crap.

Deleted
    The problem with the original ending is that it would be close to impossible to make a ME4 with the entire human race turned into a reaper.
    Would be interesting to see.

I dont know if someone mentioned this already but in order to view the new endings, you need a save game from before you start "the cerberus base attack" mission with EDI.
    This was mentioned by a developer in a interview.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but the lack of a happy ending is not why I was upset. It was the lack of any sort of finality to the ending. It's not the final game of the series, but it was the final game of the trilogy. I expect less of an open-ended conclusion. Some questions unrelated to Shepard left unanswered is fine considering they could be answered with games later in the series, but the endings we got left pretty much everything unanswered. We don't know what became of the characters. The next game won't be with Shepard and gang, so those questions had to be answered with ME3.

They say the EC DLC will give players the closure they've been wanting. If that's the case, I'll be a very happy camper indeed, because that's all I've ever wanted out of the ME3 ending. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.