Deleted
    Its so bad. Dear lord, that script..

Any trailer or movie worth anything uses at least one piece of music from Two Step from Hell.

And that sniper camping up in Big Ben is probably what every sniper secretly pictures themselves as.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might be late on this topic, but the conversation between Shepard and Grunt and the ensuing recollection of events in the DLC was some of the most hilarious stuff i've seen in Mass Effect xD. Pretty cool DLC overall.

Edit: Aahaha Wrex
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-03-15 at 03:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I might be late on this topic, but the conversation between Shepard and Grunt and the ensuing recollection of events in the DLC was some of the most hilarious stuff i've seen in Mass Effect xD. Pretty cool DLC overall.

Edit: Aahaha Wrex
    Wrex was fucking hilarious. "Uncle Urdnot" still has me break out in fits of laughter sometimes.

http://masseffecting.tumblr.com/post...2/uncle-urdnot

"You're like that crazy headbutting uncle that I've never had."
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2013-03-15 at 03:58 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    No challenge this weekend (March 15th)
    NPlewes

9-10-13

Report this topic
    Quote Link Created about 11 hours ago
    Hey all,
    Sorry about the short notice but to answer some of the pings going around - No we're not able to get a challenge event up this weekend.

Nathan.

Looks like I am right after all.
    1. Promo weapons were moved to regular UR´s
    2. Now this message which does not say that they are done with challenges but it sounds like that.

Yeah he does say that they are not able to get one up this weekend but why? It´s not that difficult to create one or is it? I think that this is BW´s way of telling us that there wont be any more or why would they not create a weekend OPS? That makes no sense at all.

Also why are they "not able to" bring one up? What´s up with that "not able to"? Sounds pretty cryptic.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-03-15 at 09:37 AM.

They could still be in the process of deciding whether or not they'll be doing more, and so aren't coming out and saying "there will be no more." There could also be a number of different things contributing to the fact they didn't get one up, not least of which is I imagine staff is being moved around given most if not all development on ME3 has concluded.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should just use the previous challenges.

Everyone that has completed the challanges already will get 99000 credits as a reward. Those players that have not completed a certain challenge will get a Commendation Pack and 99000 upon completion.

This way, both players that have and have not completed challanges will get rewards, but players that complete them for the first time, get a little extra. Players who have not completed any challenges will be able to catch up with players that have completed all challenges. The challenge weapons moved to the UR pool doesn't have to change anything. The weapons will remain available through regular packs, but Commendation Packs will still be received as rewards after completing challenges.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post

Everyone that has completed the challanges already will get 99000 credits as a reward. Those players that have not completed a certain challenge will get a Commendation Pack and 99000 upon completion.

This way, both players that have and have not completed challanges will get rewards, but players that complete them for the first time, get a little extra. Players who have not completed any challenges will be able to catch up with players that have completed all challenges. The challenge weapons moved to the UR pool doesn't have to change anything. The weapons will remain available through regular packs, but Commendation Packs will still be received as rewards after completing challenges.
    Yes this is indeed the best they can do !! Simply scrapping the whole MP support (no DLCs - confirmed, no Patches - confirmed and possibly no more weekend operations) is just stupid. Having those existing weekend challenges on a weekly loop would not hurt anyone.

The people who had not completed those will have the chance to do it and those who already did them will like them too because they can earn credits and packs so there is no one that would be hurt with such a loop system.

Make it a weekly loop that randomly picks past weekend challenges and everyone is happy.

I'd like to know what sort of work goes in to the weekend challenges before I'd be like "Well it's super easy they should just do ____." I don't know if they just flip a switch or if they have to change code every weekend or what. Honestly, I'm not gonna miss the weekend Ops even if they are gone for good, I rarely did them anyway. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Just this:
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I'd like to know what sort of work goes in to the weekend challenges before I'd be like "Well it's super easy they should just do ____." I don't know if they just flip a switch or if they have to change code every weekend or what. Honestly, I'm not gonna miss the weekend Ops even if they are gone for good, I rarely did them anyway. lol
    I can´t imagine that this would be difficult because if they reuse the existing weekend challenges they would already have the working codes and only needed to put that codes into a weekly loop (add a random feature to it).

As I said that would be way better than completely scrapping the weekly operations and it would NOT hurt Bioware nor would it hurt any player.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    I can´t imagine that this would be difficult because if they reuse the existing weekend challenges they would already have the working codes and only needed to put that codes into a weekly loop (add a random feature to it).

As I said that would be way better than completely scrapping the weekly operations and it would NOT hurt Bioware nor would it hurt any player.
    But you don't know if it's as simple as "Take this chunk of code from X weeks ago and paste it into the game again and be done with it." It might be much more complicated, and as it is they might have much less manpower on the game since the development cycle is winding down.

Deleted
    But you don't know if it's as simple as "Take this chunk of code from X weeks ago and paste it into the game again and be done with it." It might be much more complicated, and as it is they might have much less manpower on the game since the development cycle is winding down.
    What makes you so sure that there is more than a few codes involved? Let´s think about what a weekend operation is all about: A challenge that involves "Kill XY with ability/weapon YZ" and a reward pack/banner.

This challenge is merely a code and the reward pack is the same as the other store packs (only free). They already have the working codes for the past weekend challenges and they also know how to give us reward packs.

I don´t understand why you are trying to tell me that this would be so difficult. They won´t need 100 employees to create a weekly loop of already existing weekend operations. Thats the same as if you just copy Shepard´s model 1:1 to a different character. You won´t need 100 dudes to do it.

What makes you so sure that there is more than a few codes involved?
    I'm not. Neither are you. That was my entire point. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes so we can't really sit here and be like "It would be so easy for them to do X they should just do that!"

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually the only thing that is involved in Challenges is not even a code - it's just an entry in a database.
    They can easily add an entry "New Challenge Whatever" that can give everything there's to give upon completion.
    It will take 5 minutes of some guy's time.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Actually the only thing that is involved in Challenges is not even a code - it's just an entry in a database.
    They can easily add an entry "New Challenge Whatever" that can give everything there's to give upon completion.
    Source pretty please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Even if it involved a code it would really be no big work to just copy the codes of all past weekend challenges and create a weekly loop.

Really no sorcery involved.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Source pretty please.
    Source for what? This is how events are done in online games. The system is in place - you just add events in a game's database. Every online game in the world that has events does that in a similar fashion. You don't code every new event. You may need to create new items to put as rewards but after that is done - you just add an entry into the database.

A challenge is an event that has a name, an active period of time, win conditions and rewards. This is all just pure data: datetime field for start, datetime field for end, flags/comboboxes for conditions, a collection of identifiers (that reference items in database) for rewards. No coding is involved.

The game client connects to the server and asks "are there any events going on right now?"
    Server says "Wait a sec, i'll check it out", then it looks into a database and gets all events that are not completed yet, then filters them by a active date and if it finds one that is active right now it tells the client about it and client then shows it to you: The name, the period, the conditions and the reward.

If Bioware does it differently in the principle - they are doing it WRONG, and I can't possibly believe that they do it wrong.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    This would be awesome. I want to do the Robin Sachs/Zaeed one because I was unable to do that one. Had a busy weekend and no time to farm a batarian with incendiary grenades to do it.
    Putin khuliyo

I really don't care one way or the other (as I said I rarely did them anyway), I just don't like it when people talk like they know every little thing going on behind the scenes of a game. Is it as simple as you're saying? Perhaps, not saying that can't be the case. But it's also possible that it's not, and more often than not when people start saying doing so-and-so is so simple and easy why don't they just do that, it breeds unnecessary contempt for the company if they don't do that, even though they truly have no clue whatsoever of the reasons behind why it did or did not happen.

It could be completely unrelated to the difficulty of running the events, even. It could be something completely different, even so much as a simple "We don't want to do them anymore." That's certainly an option whether or not it's the "correct" one.

And Elim: Industry standard doesn't necessarily mean that's how they do it. It would be strange if they didn't, yes, but it's not a zero chance.

Time will tell, I suppose. I can get the N7 weapons from the normal packs now so I don't really have a reason to do the weekend ops anymore anyway. lol

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 02:37 AM ----------

Even if it involved a code it would really be no big work to just copy the codes of all past weekend challenges and create a weekly loop.

Really no sorcery involved.
    Assumes they have backup of the codes, may not be the case. Would be strange if they didn't, but doesn't mean they do. Speculation and assumptions get you nowhere.

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 02:40 AM ----------

And for the sake of clarification: I'm not against them using the previous challenges over again. The fact that I'm pointing out what COULD (emphasis on could, I'm not saying they are false just that they could be) be false assumptions doesn't mean I don't want it to happen. I like ME3 MP and want it to stay populated for as long as possible.