Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    I always found that title silly because no one is the "Best" but some with that Banner are really good while others suck.
    Like RoboA's "friend" that I did a gold with earlier!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Moral points reset on every playthrough. The only time they will carry over is during me1 -> me2 import.
    OK, thank you Kael.

So I'm starting my 2nd playthrough using my Adept (went Bastion, level 44) on Hardcore. Let the real fun begin, eh?

Probably going to do it once on Insanity as well just to say I did it.

(edit: this is still ME1).

Also, one other question:

Do you guys like to max out both Intimidate and Charm...or do you max out Charm when you want to be full Paragon and max Intimidate when you want full Renegade?
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-03-26 at 03:02 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    OK, thank you Kael.

So I'm starting my 2nd playthrough using my Adept (went Bastion, level 44) on Hardcore. Let the real fun begin, eh?

Do you guys like to max out both Intimidate and Charm...or do you max out Charm when you want to be full Paragon and max Intimidate when you want full Renegade?
    I only "max out" the one fitting my Playstyle...Charm for Paragon and Intimidate for Renegade. You don't need to put alle the points into it though. For Renegade you need 6 points because the highest Check is 10 and for Charm you need 8 Points. You get 4 Points for free: 1 each when you become a Spectre and another one every 25% of the Paragon/Renegade Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Like RoboA's "friend" that I did a gold with earlier!
    Ye sorry about that guy... I never noticed how much he needs to be carried before that game. I did another game with him, but after that i was sick of his attitude.
    He kept dying over and over again and blamed it on everything and everyone but himself. I had to solo wave 10 with those damn devices that needs to be shut down.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

15+ Year Old Account
    OK, thank you Kael.

You can max out charm/intimidate without putting a single point into them. But that requires multiple playthroughs. I usually on put points into the line coincides with my moral choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I had no idea you received points into charm for receiving Paragon points.

I maxed out charm early in my first playthrough so I wouldn't miss any potential "bonuses." So I basically gimped my ME1 character...good thing I get a full reset transferring into ME2, right?

Going to play through once on Hardcore and once on Insanity (both to say I did it and to hit 60) now and probably move on to ME2.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    Ye sorry about that guy... I never noticed how much he needs to be carried before that game. I did another game with him, but after that i was sick of his attitude.
    He kept dying over and over again and blamed it on everything and everyone but himself. I had to solo wave 10 with those damn devices that needs to be shut down.
    Not your fault he was a toolbox. lol

Gotta love folks who blame everyone but themselves. If I screw up I admit it, because I think that's better than trying to maintain the appearance of an "elite player" by shoving it on everyone else.

Deleted
    It be of ignorance, or may it be of ego, but noobs are annoying.
    The frustration of bad players in ME3 is nothing compared to the frustration you get from getting bad players in a Heroes of Newerth game.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    I really hope mass effect 4 will use a game engine good enough for that!
    Frostbite engine.
    I try to avoid the spunkgargleweewee games so i have no idea on the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Well Uncle Urdnot makes every mission cakewalk
    He takes forever to shoot when i play.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    He takes forever to shoot when i play.
    You only think he takes really long to fire, but in reality, he has already fired before you started wondering when he is going to fire!
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Except that they wont die unless i personally unload a healthy dose of plasma in their faces.
    So either Wrex is lazy, or hes an incredibly poor shot.
    Typical aliens, to be able to miss with a shotgun...
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-03-26 at 09:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except that they wont die unless i personally unload a healthy dose of plasma in their faces.
    So either Wrex is lazy, or hes an incredibly poor shot.
    Typical aliens, to be able to miss with a shotgun...
    He lags.

10char
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    For shame.
    I wont carry a worthless krogan.
    He lost his chance to make it to ME3 for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    With so many kits, it is hard to master all perfectly. For instance, I'm a horrible, horrible adept, but other classes... that's different.
    Definitely true. I do very well on my Quarian Engineer but I suck at vanguards (all of them) and on the Awakened Collector (I had no idea what I was doing lol.)

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    You can max out charm/intimidate without putting a single point into them. But that requires multiple playthroughs. I usually on put points into the line coincides with my moral choice.
    Yeah, last ME1 playthrough I put zero points in Intimidate. Only in Charm.

Never liked spending talent points on conversations in game anyways. But you can skip half the Saren fight if you have enough Paragon/Renegade. Talk him into committing suicide lol.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2013-03-26 at 10:21 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Haha, I had no idea you received points into charm for receiving Paragon points.

I maxed out charm early in my first playthrough so I wouldn't miss any potential "bonuses." So I basically gimped my ME1 character...good thing I get a full reset transferring into ME2, right?

Going to play through once on Hardcore and once on Insanity (both to say I did it and to hit 60) now and probably move on to ME2.
    You receive 1 Charm and Intimidate point when you become a Spectre, and you can get another 3 points in each if you go far up the Paragon and Renegade trees. Charm and Intimidate don't exist in ME2 though, so these don't transfer to ME2. There really is little use in doing multiple runs to max them out unless you're really perfectionistic. Other than the choices that carry over, the only other bonuses depend on the level you ended ME1 with (50+ lets you start with a higher level and some extra resources), how many paragon/renegade points you had (about 50% up the ME1 trees gets you the max starting bonus), and whether or not you had the Rich achievement (which gives some more bonus credits).

In the end though, once you have finished ME2 once, you unlock a starter bonus on subsequent playthroughs that puts all of the above to shame. The only thing you might want to consider is the Paragon/Renegade points but it's not a huge amount and you can go through ME2 without and still be able to select all of the Paragon/Renegade choices. So the only thing that ultimately matters are the choices you want to carry over. The rest is just fluff that at best makes the early levels a little easier.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're really curious to know exactly what gets carried over (mission choices, and such), this lists everything for each game.

By the way, if you haven't seen it, I thought this was a pretty interesting graphic:

http://cheezburger.com/7166091520
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Does it count both/neither if you played as both male/female or saved quarians/geth/both or just first playthrough?
    Not enough information.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got the cabal vanguard lady and....I have no idea what I'm doing ._.

Does it count both/neither if you played as both male/female or saved quarians/geth/both or just first playthrough?
    Not enough information.
    I agree it would be nice to see more methodology. My GUESS is they count each playthrough separately. In which case I did one female and one male, so I'd be adding one count to each.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    I got the Cabal Vanguard, haven't been able to use it outside of gold, or the Talon merc. People insta kick whenever they see either of those two. I do enjoy the Cabal Vanguard though, poison everything and dash about like a lunatic, whoosh.