Yep, that was exactly what I was wonderig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Considering there is no fat anything, I'd wager in the ME universe they've pretty much eradicated obesity through advances in science & lifestyle.

Or, it could just be a design choice (or lack of?).
    Regardless, it is better when there is no fat than when every second one is fat. Like in SWTOR. Remember Darth Baras?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Regardless, it is better when there is no fat than when every second one is fat. Like in SWTOR. Remember Darth Baras?
    Oh don't get me started, one of the few things that broke my immersion in that game... and they weren't just fat they were morbidly obese.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Darth Baras shouldn't be thin, being fat worked well with his behaviour and gluttonous desires. (gluttonous for power, not food)
    There's a difference between making a fat character, and just making a character fat.

My favourite SWTOR character, after Dark Side Sith Warrior. Juggernauts were just too much fun. Charge, force choke, force push, pimp slap, roundhouse kick. Oh the combo never quit being funny.

Deleted
    I played through my first ME3 playthrough when it was released and never saw the extended endings. Playing as an infiltrator now and i mostly bring Garrus and Javik with me because of their awesome dialogues.
    Figured i'd ask if there's any other great dialogues between squadmates i could go for. I know Liara and Javik have a great one on the asari homeworld etc. Anything you'd say was good? Or is Garrus sarcastic comments along with Javiks blatant truth too difficult to trumph? :P

Tali is afraid of Rachni. Might be worth taking her on the Aralakh Company quest.

Garrus, Liara and Tali get along well with Wrex, so taking them to Priority: Sur'Kesh and Tuchanka is also interesting.

Javik also has some nice barters with Wrex or Wreav.

Deleted
    Javik the master troll is always good to bring, maybe complemented with EDI, Liara or Garrus.
    A damn shame we couldn't bring Zaeed. Those two are absolutely brilliant together.

EDI & Javik seems like a nice pair if you want strange & funny commentaries.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrus and Zaeed, a bromance that rivals Shep and Garrus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    A damn shame we couldn't bring Zaeed. Those two are absolutely brilliant together.
    I never liked Zaeed; he just seemed like an unfinished guy to me, just like Sebastian in Dragon Age 2. There were two DLC companions with which you don't have any real dialogue beside their missions, the other one being Kasumi; but Kasumi's mission is so amazing that she just doesn't need anything else, while Zaeed's one was a sort of generic "Kill the guy I have been hunting for years" crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    can I just get Mass 3 or do i need to also get 1 and 2

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You should play 1 and 2 since they are a series and you will miss out on somethings but you can play 3 without playing 1 or 2. Just won't be a good experience IMO.

Savegames carry over, so it's highly recommended that you play the other two first.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I never liked Zaeed; he just seemed like an unfinished guy to me, just like Sebastian in Dragon Age 2. There were two DLC companions with which you don't have any real dialogue beside their missions, the other one being Kasumi; but Kasumi's mission is so amazing that she just doesn't need anything else, while Zaeed's one was a sort of generic "Kill the guy I have been hunting for years" crap.
    I felt the opposite. I expected to like Kasumi but despite some fun levels I ultimately felt like I didn't have much of a connection to her. Zaeed I thought would be your typical space mercenary evil companion but actually turned out to be a much more nuanced character that I really liked. Robin Sachs' awesome voice helped too :P

- - - Updated - - -

You can enjoy ME3 without the others, but you will enjoy it a LOT more if you play ME1 and ME2.

Some people will advise you to start with ME2, but I really think ME1 is crucial to set the whole thing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will most likely have a good grasp of what is going on without playing them but you are missing out on quite a bit by skipping 1 and 2. Don't skip them.

Deleted
    Well skipping 1 and 2 is probably the worst idea someone can have. You can play ME3 alone but you won't get a lot of stuff in the game because there are a lot of references to the past 2 games.

Especially ME1 helps you to get a lot of stuff that is in ME3 (especially the Reapers) and ME2 also helps you get a lot of stuff (Cerberus) too. Also the whole journey of Shepard, the backstory of your companions in ME3 and other people (like for example if you play ME3 alone then you won't know a lot of people like Anderson, Hackett and so on).

And the ME1 and 2 collection just went on Flash Sale on Steam!

If only ME1 had the combat system from ME2. It makes me rage so much when I play ME1 and just get such a clunky experience =[

Deleted
    How can you not enjoy the chaos? ME2 combat is too boring. Oh wow, you shot a guy. Whoop de doo. Now stand back while i crush this guy with every piece of furniture in the room and blow him up with space magic.
    Also, fuck shielding protecting against biotic powers. Those shields aren't biotic.

Feels like a fairy tail fight. Throw a bunch of shit that doesn't work for shit, then throw a big one that instakills.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    If only ME1 had the combat system from ME2. It makes me rage so much when I play ME1 and just get such a clunky experience =[
    What is this, bullshit I'm reading?

ME1 Combat = Best combat