Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/48690193

^ so US companies putting basically everything on hold because of nothing coming out of Congress. Meanwhile Congress after passing like 60 bills the lowest since 1948 takes a 5 week vacation.

Not to be a pessimist, but the whole idea of a legislative branch is officially bullshit. Anyone got a time machine so I can go give the founders some feedback about this STARTING WITH THE CONCEPT OF TERM LIMITS!!!
    How do term limits fix anything?

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    The "before" actually looks more like Biden.
    hmm, you're right. i guess the emperor is the liberal antichrist. who do we have for ryan then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    The stage is set honestly.

Israel vs Iran

US/NATO vs China/Russia

All we need is the spark and if my guess is right Paul Ryan will turn out to be the anti Christ. He just has that Anti Christ look about him. Romney will win in a rigged election and shortly after be shot
    A Russian/Chinese alliance has been speculated about for near on a century. It has yet to come to fruition. Russia will wave it's dick around, China will keep selling everyone junk, the world turns once more.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    A Russian/Chinese alliance has been speculated about for near on a century. It has yet to come to fruition. Russia will wave it's dick around, China will keep selling everyone junk, the world turns once more.
    China is too heavily invested in the US to do more than be annoying on the Security Council, imo. Russia, on he other hand, might back Iran in a proxy war if it comes to that.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

We'll cry racism. Duh.

(Kidding.)

What really happens is Romney presides over WWIII.
    My guess is riots, mass theft, murder and arson.

There won't be a WW3.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    China is too heavily invested in the US to do more than be annoying on the Security Council, imo. Russia, on he other hand, might back Iran in a proxy war if it comes to that.
    Maybe, but I really don't see Russia gaining very much by doing so other than putting their own neck on the line for a country that really doesn't do much for them.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    iran is going to kick and scream from 30 ft away and Israel will do the same thing.

Iran can't nuke Israel because the fallout would effect Jordan, Egypt, Syria, and Lebanon (and the "poor palestinians"), as well as pissing off the US forces in Iraq and Saudi Arabia (and every other country on the gulf)

Likewise, Israel can't hit Iran without pissing off every single one of its neighbors (and it doesn't really have the reach to do it) and the US
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Nothing, nothing happened last time.

Now what's going to happen if Romney wins?
    That will never happen.

compare to my avatar.

COINCIDENCE!!! I THINK NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    That will never happen.
    And if it does.. someone is gonna pay right?
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    That will never happen.
    Well then, good thing the question was what IF it happens not WHEN it happens.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-08-16 at 08:00 PM.

Just to be prepared start working on fake protests.

You guys are good at that.

Maybe you can dust off the war protesters that mysteriously disappeared when Obama took office.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of protesters in general, though my opinion is probably colored by the Madison and OCW protests.

Just to be prepared start working on fake protests.

You guys are good at that.

Maybe you can dust off the war protesters that mysteriously disappeared when Obama took office.
    Uhh... they mysteriously disappeared a few months after the Iraq war began. (at least, large demonstrations did).
    Last edited by belfpala; 2012-08-16 at 08:06 PM.

Uhh... they mysteriously disappeared a few months after the Iraq war began.
    I guess the best way to undercut a point is to claim the point doesn't exist.

I guess the best way to undercut a point is to claim the point doesn't exist.
    It's one way, yes.

By 2006 or so, most of the protests of the Iraq war were outside of the US, or were rather small (a couple thousand at most) in the US. With a couple exceptions of course.

There were protests of similar size into the Obama administration.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2012-08-16 at 08:13 PM.

Mitt will never win. He can't even release his own tax returns and frankly people don't like him. The republican's barely trust him. This is his 2nd time running for office. He will lose just like his father did.

It's one way, yes.

By 2006 or so, most of the protests of the Iraq war were outside of the US, or were rather small (a couple thousand at most) in the US. With a couple exceptions of course.

There were protests of similar size into the Obama administration.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_1...ti-war_protest

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'd like to know is if the Republicans get into office if they are going to actually enact their social agenda -- which they have often accused the democrats of doing.

Or if it will really be all jerbs jerbs jerbs.

Cause way too much of their recent behavior, both campaign wise as well as legislation wise has been about social issues. Which is scary when they are in the "let's take rights away from people" camp.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

"The events — involving up to 1000 people — took place throughout the downtown with protesters marching on 12th street to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) building on Constitution Avenue declaring that they do not want any more tax money being used to wage war."

Woohoo! 1000 people.

And, as I said... quoted from your very own link... " anti-war protests were held throughout the world including a series of autonomous actions in the United States' capitol, Washington, D.C. in London, Sydney, Australia and the Scottish city of Glasgow"

But... check it out...

March 21, 2009 (Obama!) "Thousands"

March 20, 2010 (Obama!) "Thousands"

May 20, 2012 (Obama!) "About 8000"

See?