Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I noticed this earlier while playing my shaman in pvp. I had a pair of ret paladins that went from base to base in Arathi Basin, and it was like I had no resilience. Granted I don't have much, but when I look back and see 6 massive damage entries in the span of less than a second, something is up.

The realms have restarted finally, I think the bug has been fixed.

As for whether or not any Retribution paladin over level 40 that logged on and happened to play the game should be banned for doing nothing that would've been out of the ordinary... ridiculous. The bans should go for those who 3-manned heroic raids or went from 0 to 2200 Arena rating. Those people were out to exploit, and did.

Someone logging on and doing a single heroic run and being absolutely dumbstruck by hitting divine storm and watching everything fall over are not exploiters. That'd be like arresting someone for having a car whose computer system malfunctioned and the car auto-accelerated into another car. They are simply not liable for happening to encounter a serious malfunction during normal gameplay.

This never worked on EU realms btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yata View Post
    i believe if you read some of the threads here you'll see some euros stating that it was working.

fr here. so you think I was drunk when I saw >1 million dps spikes on trashes in lfr ?
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, the best stuff happens when im asleep. Hoping some videos come out so can see what it was like.

No one was able to reproduce it on a dummy. I think the glitch only occurred in instanced combat like dungeons, battlegrounds, arenas, and raids.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundayz View Post
    So, it's a bannable to offense to use OP classes in-game? Blizzard, get your fucking shit together.
    Their's a line here. If the pally learns of this bug and takes their guild to 8/8 and/or earns an insane rating in PvP then yeah, might be B&.

Since I know tons will do this, I'de expect a rollback honestly.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Their's a line here. If the pally learns of this bug and takes their guild to 8/8 and/or earns an insane rating in PvP then yeah, might be B&.

Since I know tons will do this, I'de expect a rollback honestly.
    Would likely just remove 8/8 of the ones that did it with the ret paladin, GM's have logs anyway.

Deleted
    bannable offense?!? It did not matter if you used truth or righteousness as retri. Dmg shot through the roof with either one. I just quit hitting stuff and logged my mage after the first and only LFR I did with pally when bug was active. EU server btw and it has been fixed now.

Deleted
    why does this happen the week I decide to say "Screw you rets, i'm going Prot"

Deleted
    EU guilds exploits lfr, BAN DEM CHEATERS. US stomp heroic's with pala sploit, omg why fix QQ?

Deleted
    So wait, is me and my guild the only ones who didn't experience this?

Our retri paladins did perfectly normal dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shynz View Post
    EU guilds exploits lfr, BAN DEM CHEATERS. US stomp heroic's with pala sploit, omg why fix QQ?
    I don't think anyone is asking why they fixed it. Using 24 people with 1 not saved to LFR all in a guild to exploit repeated gear gains is ridiculously different than doing LFR and random BGs and stomping meters without gaining gear from it while doing your normal rotation.

Also, US and EU guilds were banned in the LFR incident, and both US and EU servers got the ret bug. I really don't understand your point.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

i didnt rly notice this bug... and me and 2 mates 3manned sartharion.. would they find this bug abusing? and take my black drake? and reset my arena matches? rofl.... i didnt know before today soooo. if they reset me in annyway im gonna EXPLODE

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this damage output achieved through the normal rotation of a Ret Paladin?If so, Blizzard need to calm down and realise the error is on their end, and they can't expect people to sit idle for fixes.If this issue occured through a Ret Paladin using the normal run of the mill rotation, then they should not incur any penatly, regardless of what they achieved through it. If this dmg output was achieved through an unorthodox rotation that previously gained no advantage but during this bugs lifespan multiplied DPS, then this is knowingly realising a bug, and continuining to use it, outside of the normal way you play the class, would be exploiting.Blizzard however cannot expect guilds and players to stop doing content or playing, to wait for a bug fix, if it occured through the normal play style of a ret paladin.Now if a guild just stacked all their DPS as Ret and burst heroic modes, yeah, thats exploiting, and would not suprise me if they got banned and rightly so

Right or wrong, broken or working, their responsibility or mine, this is all I have to say...

Tonight, I had the most fun that I've had in a few months. I now know the glory days of Paladins bombing bosses for infinite. It came at a time when I was stressed out, pissed off, and 2 steps shy of ragequitting for the night...

So, Blizzard. Take my gear. Take my levels. Take my account access away for a few days. But you'll never take away my memories of rushing into the first boss in BRC, telling the group, "Hey guys, watch this!!" as I pulled the boss and all the adds.

That, and if I get banned, I'll just watch LotR ultimate blu-ray edition that I haven't found time for yet.
    Last edited by Bane Falcon; 2012-02-02 at 11:34 AM.

Oh it's working, had a Ret Pally pulling 4k DPS in Scholo earlier =/

Edit: After logging in the checking recount he was actually doing over 7k DPS!
    Last edited by Makronette; 2012-02-02 at 11:41 AM.

it was fun while it lasted. now everything is back to normal and boring.Blizzard needs to add random shit like this every once in a while haha