Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Its nice to have a crowded mmo, though i played Aion for a long time. wich was not very packed. regardless i still had fun
    but yeah it is like people say the more the merrier

Lack of subs = Amount and quality of content drops. Very simple.

Deleted
    Sub numbers don't matter to me but how much players server are able to hold. EvE-Online dont have anywhere near as many subs as WoW does, but still have lot more players on same server(cluster) than wow or tor that have more subs.

Quote Originally Posted by esnar View Post
    The number of subs decides whether or not a company will invest more money it this franchise. If it has 500.000 players they will invest less money in it then if it would have 1.000.000. So there will be less and lesser quality content for you. However if you enjoy the game there is no need to quit just because your game is loosing subs.
    Why does Rift come up with more/faster content than WoW then? While having 20x less subscribers.
    Subscribers usually doesn't mean anything in terms of content, Blizzard is a great example of that, they could throw out a huge content patch every month if they wanted to while still earning a huuge profit.
    But they don't, because they wouldn't gain anything from it, people are satisfied with the current rate of developement so they retain subscribers and the number of potential new subscriptions wouldn't be worth the extra cost.
    But someone with 200k subscribers could invest more money into their franchise than Blizzard and WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    I would really like to see your source because almost everyone says its under 1m to make a "solid profit" and sub 150k is the point where it is no longer profitable.

500k vs 2mill is kinda of huge difference.

Source plz.
    They've said they need 500k for it to be profitable (but nothing to write home about), 375k would be bad and barely make them break even, 1mill+ was the goal and where they would see a solid profit.
    But this is EA, so the game could probably have 375k and survive fine, it just wouldn't make them enough profits to satisfy EA.

Just google EA investor conference call and you'll probably find 1000 reports about it.