Thread: Skyrim Bug

Skyrim Bug

Hi, I'm currently playing Skyrim on my PC and have noticed a very annoying bug with Werewolf. Whenever I turn into a Werewolf and transform back my character has completely different features such as long hair when he was originally bald and no beard when there was one originally. This forces me to use a console command to bring my character back to the character creation and change him everytime I transform on top of going through my inventory and equipping my armor.

I did use a console command to change my character from a Dark Elf to a Wood Elf in the first place so I'm thinking that's where the problem lies and was wondering if there was a way to fix this or if it has already been fixed and I just haven't updated Skyrim, I'm not sure if Steam automatically patches and updates my games.
    "And if my heart should stop, keep me alive for a minute, I want to see if a curtain drops"

~La Dispute

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmor View Post
    Hi, I'm currently playing Skyrim on my PC and have noticed a very annoying bug with Werewolf. Whenever I turn into a Werewolf and transform back my character has completely different features such as long hair when he was originally bald and no beard when there was one originally. This forces me to use a console command to bring my character back to the character creation and change him everytime I transform on top of going through my inventory and equipping my armor.

I did use a console command to change my character from a Dark Elf to a Wood Elf in the first place so I'm thinking that's where the problem lies and was wondering if there was a way to fix this or if it has already been fixed and I just haven't updated Skyrim, I'm not sure if Steam automatically patches and updates my games.
    Hiya! First, i'd recommend you post these issues in the dedicated Skyrim Megathread in the future to avoid it being closed =)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rim-Discussion

But as I oppose Megathreads personally I'll try to respond quickly before this is closed, so you'll have an answer.

The whole thing is most certainly a bug. Most console commands that changes your character can and will cause glitches and bugs in the gamefiles. It's a bit like asking a train to change track while half the carts are still proceeding on the original track - a wreck bound to happen.

I'd recommend you roll new characters over using the console to change them since it's the way the game intended for you to do, which means you will encounter bugs still, but far, far fewer. It sounds alot like the textures are'nt running well for your character in this issue.

On a sidenote, I believe it's an unfixable bug and no amount of patching could solve it. What you might consider a 'fix' to your issue, this procedure is technically a bug and unintended. You're not supposed to change while you're already in-game with your character. So consider the true bug the command instead and I strongly advice you not to trigger it, as it'll just bring more bugs in your game with it =)

Kasperio.

Edit: Oh, and don't fear the Megathread too much. It's huge and long and filled with resolved issues hundreds of players will never discover due to the discouraging size of it, but just re-post the issues and we're a good group of Skyrim players who'll gladly try to help you as best as we can. Don't fear your issue won't get attention, we're working towards it as best as we can =)
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2012-02-03 at 09:12 AM.